Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How much is gas in your area?

Go down 
+35
EllieJane
susansmoose
david
I Love Dean
Kristina
Docfan
ashkate11871
Trixie
Samantha
edwina
emilyanneoftheprairie
Prairie Dweller
Alice
Teresa
bethandmanly
Farmer Girl
Coach Jon
JW
pamh36
LIWnut
flatbroke
Amy
LM
rana
Lily
Kathleen Marie
Lori
Savannah
jes9
ChristinaAL
Debbie
Misti
Rhonda
Rob
Carol
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : How much is gas in your area? Happy010

How much is gas in your area? Empty
PostSubject: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2007 12:42 pm

:think: How much is gas in your area?

How much is gas in your area? Gas_cartoon

It is $3.55 here... pretty soon it will be up to $4.00. The good news is that I can have my paycheck automatically sent to the gas station. :unsure: lol

How much is gas in your area? Horses10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : How much is gas in your area? Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2007 12:50 pm

grinsmiley Carol!

Wow, that's high! It's $2.94 here. It had been down to $2.74 last week, but shot back up again. It yo-yos like crazy.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : How much is gas in your area? Purple2

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2007 1:50 pm

Here in the center of the states, the high is 2.94 and the lowest is 2.59. You can check out the prices all over the states at www.gasbuddy.com

How much is gas in your area? 12_1_209affraid

How much is gas in your area? Rhonda10How much is gas in your area? Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2007 3:01 pm

Around here, it runs about $2.79. It's just crazy!!!

How much is gas in your area? HummerHow much is gas in your area? MistiKeeperHow much is gas in your area? Bookclub5How much is gas in your area? Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : How much is gas in your area? Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2007 3:08 pm

$2.75.9 where I get mine..
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2007 6:45 pm

$2.98 here. At least the weather's getting nice, I'll have to get my bike out if this keeps up.

How much is gas in your area? ChristinaKeeper2 How much is gas in your area? 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2007 6:46 pm

I just got gas today on my way home from work for as close as you can get to $3 -- $2.999.

How much is gas in your area? JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
How much is gas in your area? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2007 7:10 pm

$2.95 here. And I read a report a couple of weeks ago that said that gas wasn't expected to top $3.00 a gallon here this summer. Yeah. I wonder if anyone believes that aside from the article's author.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyFri Apr 27, 2007 8:59 pm

It's $2.89 here. Back in Feb it was low as $1.89 some places around here. These high prices are really getting to our wallets. My husband drives 120 miles round trip every day.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 6:52 pm

It's $2.89 here.

How much is gas in your area? Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 7:54 pm

Carol!! $3.55 a gallon is absolutely nuts!! We are at $2.95 here in Indiana, but it seems like it changes almost day to day!!

How much is gas in your area? KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
How much is gas in your area? LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : How much is gas in your area? Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 9:34 pm

We've already passed the $3.00 margin like Carol since a couple of months ago. Last week I went to gas up, it was $3.19

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
rana
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
rana

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 3:10 pm

Here in our village on the other side of the ocean gas costs about 3.78

I hope I converted it right into $ per gallone. Actually it's EUR 1.36 per liter. Fortunally I'm not allowed to drive with my continuing eye problems. *lol*

How much is gas in your area? Ranake10
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : How much is gas in your area? Party010

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 11:06 pm

Carol wrote:
The good news is that I can have my paycheck automatically sent to the gas station. :unsure: lol

Good one! :haha:

How much is gas in your area? LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : How much is gas in your area? Party010

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptySun Apr 29, 2007 11:07 pm

Mid-grade was $2.99 a gallon on Friday. affraid About a week before that it was $2.89.

How much is gas in your area? LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 2:00 pm

It's like $2.80 Here in Oklahoma City, Ok. and going up. I've gotten to where I walk more if I need something small I walk to the corner store it's like 2 blocks and the exercise is good for me. The wya these gas prices are rising I sometimes wish we were back in Laura Ingalls Wilder's time at least with the horses and wagons u could pull over to the side and let the horses eat the grass and didn't have to worry about gas prices 🎻
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : How much is gas in your area? Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyMon Apr 30, 2007 3:40 pm

And just when I was starting to get used to the lower gas prices. No Sure doesn't help when you drive a gas-guzzler!!

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyWed May 02, 2007 9:36 pm

1.03 today
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyThu May 03, 2007 7:19 am

An email that I have received several times...might be worth a try! No

NO GAS...On May 15th 2007

Don't pump gas on may 15th
In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
$2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companys pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If yo u agree (which I cant see why you wouldnt) resend this to all your contact list. With it saying, ''Don't pump gas on May 15th"

Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyThu May 03, 2007 8:53 am

On Tuesday I was driving to the store in the morning and gas was $2.95, by the time I came home two hours later it had gone up to $3.15 a gallon!! We are being gouged and it is very frustrating!! banghead

How much is gas in your area? KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyThu May 03, 2007 9:51 am

Ours also went up to $3.15 the other day. mad
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyThu May 03, 2007 2:05 pm

Oops, today it's $3.25.
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyThu May 03, 2007 8:46 pm

It seems it always goes up on Thursdays here (eastern Cincinnati suburbs). I saw it today for $3.199 at an Exxon station, but the UDF less than a half-mile away still had it for $2.979. It will be interesting to see what the price will be at UDF tomorrow. I'm guessing significantly more than $2.979.

How much is gas in your area? JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
How much is gas in your area? Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyThu May 03, 2007 10:20 pm

*sigh* $3.13
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? EmptyFri May 04, 2007 7:37 am

Received this other idea in email............ :think:

GAS WAR - an idea that WILL work

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola executive. It came from one of his engineer buddies who retired from Halliburton. It ' s worth your consideration.

Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit close to $4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We need to take some intelligent, united action. Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain day" campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them.

BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work. Please read on and join with us! By now you're probably thinking gasoline
priced at about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently $2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at $1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..... not sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of gas come down is if we hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. How? Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea:

For the rest of this year, DON'T purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies (which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people.

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us sends it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) .. and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000).and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth group of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers. If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted! If it goes one level further, you guessed it..... THREE>>>>HUNDRED MILLION >>>>PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people. That's all. (If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million and all you have to do is send this to 10 people.... Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician. But I am, so trust me on this one.)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends this e-mail out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 8 days!!!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?

Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP THEM DOWN.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much is gas in your area?   How much is gas in your area? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much is gas in your area?
Page 1 of 23Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next