HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Dadgum, 'True Grit' (2010) is a great remake!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler

Number of posts : 881
Mood :

PostSubject: Dadgum, 'True Grit' (2010) is a great remake!!   Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:10 am

Remakes are rarely decent but this one is a classic in my opinion.
It is more than just a story of vengeance/justice, sought by a 14 year old girl.
True Grit straddles the line of black and white, asking one to see the varying shades of gray in-between. Life is more than Coke, candy and CareBears and this is not your mothers Little House nor Louisa May Alcott's 'Little Women'.
This movie (based on Charles Portis 1968 book) is worthy viewing for anyone over the age of 11.

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53815
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Dadgum, 'True Grit' (2010) is a great remake!!   Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:36 pm

That's on my list of movies that I'd like to see. I've heard nothin' but good about it. My pastor and his family were quite impressed with it - and they're all big fans of the original movie - so it speaks well of the remake. It surprised me because usually I completely expect a remake to be a ridiculous flop. I was surprised to hear that this one is so good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52509
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Dadgum, 'True Grit' (2010) is a great remake!!   Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:40 pm

I liked it a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Dadgum, 'True Grit' (2010) is a great remake!!   Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:48 pm

I remember that about you! (That's part of the reason I want to watch it. I figured that if you liked it, it must be good.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52509
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Dadgum, 'True Grit' (2010) is a great remake!!   Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:52 pm

And if you're wondering why you haven't seen it yet... the isc-day wouldn't oppy-cay.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Dadgum, 'True Grit' (2010) is a great remake!!   Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:55 pm

I emember-ray. (But thanks anyway! )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37829
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Dadgum, 'True Grit' (2010) is a great remake!!   Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:02 pm

my dad might like this.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13376
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Dadgum, 'True Grit' (2010) is a great remake!!   Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:22 pm

I saw this in the theater with the boys and we all really liked it too. Can't go wrong with the Coen brothers! The cast was incredible...I think Matt Damon was overlooked though for a supporting actor nomination---he was fantastic in it. It was a 'quiet' role, but he really transformed himself---I'm not sure I would have even guessed that was him had I not known!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dadgum, 'True Grit' (2010) is a great remake!!   Today at 11:17 am

Back to top Go down

Dadgum, 'True Grit' (2010) is a great remake!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1