Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ALBERT INGALLS

Go down 
+11
julmer70
jessicamarie
littlehouselover
Shell
Krissy
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Vanesa
Joe
bethandmanly
Savannah
Davetucson
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Bokmal10

yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Empty
PostSubject: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 12:03 pm

Since joining this wonderful forum, I have read many opinions concerning Albert. Some think he should have never been written into the story line,
other's, like myself, think he was a great addition to the show. personally, I think that some of the best episodes on Little House centered around Albert.
Whats your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54428
Mood : yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Happy010

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 2:02 pm

I can understand both sides, because a lot of times people accept as fact what they see on Little House. They presume that Mary got married, had a baby, and tragically lost the baby in a fire....They figure that Charles & Caroline adopted several children, and lived in Walnut Grove for years and years...They "know" that Laura got along exceptionally well with Almanzo's sister, Eliza Jane, when she was Laura's teacher....Except...None of that is true. And the history-enthusiast in me is uncomfortable with such liberties. However....it isn't intended to be a biography - nor were Laura's books. Even her books took liberties with real life. So I'm okay with the twists and turns that the writers took in the TV show (for the most part), and can accept the characters who never really existed. I liked Albert, and thought he made a very good chum/brother for Laura. It's been a long, LONG time since I actually saw an episode with Albert in it, but he was a strong addition to the cast, and added a lot to the show.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 3:23 pm

Hi Savannah!
If u ever get a chance, here is one of Matt's best performances on Little House....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CBakjNYonY&feature=BFa&list=PL64780763B772B6E7&lf=results_video

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 5:41 pm

I never minded Albert being added to the cast. Matt is a good actor, and he added a lot to the show. My only negative thought on it is that the relationship between Laura and Carrie never developed because after Mary left Laura and Albert had all the adventures instead.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 8:48 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I never minded Albert being added to the cast. Matt is a good actor, and he added a lot to the show. My only negative thought on it is that the relationship between Laura and Carrie never developed because after Mary left Laura and Albert had all the adventures instead.

Interesting. I never thought of it like that but I think you're right on the money.

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 9:11 pm

Davetucson wrote:
Hi Savannah!
If u ever get a chance, here is one of Matt's best performances on Little House....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CBakjNYonY&feature=BFa&list=PL64780763B772B6E7&lf=results_video

My goodness, that's alot of puke.
What a powerful performance!! How old was Matt there, 13, 14?
I was lucky to never have had such an experience. When I walked away from meth (clean for over 4 years!) there was no withdrawal. I liked Doc Bakers comment, "He has a family that cares for him, so he has a better chance than many." That is so true.

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Albert   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 10:19 am

He was seventeen when he shot that episode. Powerful acting.....should have gotten an Emmy for that one.......Congrats Joe for kicking the meth......you have alot to be proud of...
Of course when Matt first appeared as Albert was another one of my favorites. Flirting with Laura and that smile of his was just the first of his many great scenes on Little House.....
His street sense at that age was something else......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u51tUGGlGDI
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:17 am

I like Albert addition, even if I'm one of those who rarely likes changes in stories that are based in a REAL biography. Of course, I don't mind little changes, but BIG ones like the ones that Savannah's pointed out. I've always supposed that the Ingallses were great people who adopted every single little boy or girl that needed a Pa and a Ma. I was very saddened when I learned that it wasn't the case... No

However, Albert was a very important addition to the show and he was a character I always liked. His special friendly relationship with Laura is priceless. I also likes his practical jokes and his spunky ways. He had something of "the Artful Dodger" a character from Oliver Twist. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 12:20 am

Davetucson wrote:
Hi Savannah!

Great acting! He was so natural in this part! And Michael landon's performance is terrific too! I had forgotten how great scenes they permormed together in this episody. thud

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 12:24 am

I personally did not like the addition of Albert to the Ingalls household. I did not mind his acting, but kind of wished he was just another kid at school that had some small parts.....It was also very strange that Albert and Laura slept in the same room. I mean come on. In reality I think Carrie should have been upstairs and Albert down.....just saying

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Headac10

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 2:06 pm

ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:
I personally did not like the addition of Albert to the Ingalls household. I did not mind his acting, but kind of wished he was just another kid at school that had some small parts.....It was also very strange that Albert and Laura slept in the same room. I mean come on. In reality I think Carrie should have been upstairs and Albert down.....just saying

Yeah,I agree about the sleepling in same room.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Purple2

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 6:27 pm

I like Albert. He's cute. I think he fit right in.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:53 pm

[url=yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS 29xykhx

I liked Albert, I didn't think Cassandra and James should have been adopted, maybe someone else and kept in the show? The house was so small and they seemed to make their other children seem less important, Albert added to it.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Headac10

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:59 pm

I think Cassandra and James took away from getting to know carrie more on the show

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
jessicamarie

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 2:54 pm

I think Albert was a good addition to the show, and, who in the world could not like him? He's too cute and loveable. its a good point, though, about not getting to know Carrie. I thought that when James an Cassandra showed up it was a bit much. A total of eight kids were adopted in Walnut Grove. First, John Jr, Carl, and Elisha got adopted by Mr. Edwards. Then Albert, then Nancy, then James and Cassandra, then in the ninth season there was Matthew, who Mr. Edwards took in. In that time even just a few kids getting adopted was very uncommon. I think they should have stopped after Albert.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Matt   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:11 pm

"Didn't mind his acting?" I sure hope not. He and Melissa Anderson wer the best child actors on the show.......Many, many scenes had phony tears on Melissa Gilbert......I defy anyone to find that in Matt's scenes.
He was an adult actor in a child's body......and Michael Landon said just that.....
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 8:42 pm

And Albert was way too old to be across from Ma and Pa....it was feet from the bed!
I've known people even today that had to use a screen or sheet to separate rooms because they just didn't have the space.
I think if the show went on, a room of the kitchen or something would have to be made but they made due. Kids then only slept in their rooms usually.

I thought Cassandra and her brother should have been adopted by someone else in Walnut Grove and friends with Laura and Albert, they never really had any shows about Cassandra and James had 2 centered around him, but it was always a bit strained to me.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 12:08 am

Davetucson wrote:

"Didn't mind his acting?" I sure hope not. He and Melissa Anderson wer the best child actors on the show.......Many, many scenes had phony tears on Melissa Gilbert......I defy anyone to find that in Matt's scenes.
He was an adult actor in a child's body......and Michael Landon said just that.....

Here I agree. Matthew was one of the best chid actors on the show, as well as Melissa Sue Anderson. Thumbsup

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 12:53 pm

I think he was the best addition to the show! I never really watched much of the first 4 seasons before he was on, but I started to this year. I must say, although there were very good episodes then, the episodes, in my opinion, didn't get really good until Matt joined the show. I've always said the same thing Dave said in another post here...that the show would have been canceled if they didn't add the character of 'Albert.'

I appreciate his acting even more today; and every performance of his moves me. He has a way of making the audience feel exactly what the character is feeling. Not many actors can do that! One example, in "May we make them proud, " when he brings Mary the music box...then she starts shouting "my baby!" Albert starts to cry and he screams "I didn't mean it!" over and over! I just wanted to climb in the TV and give him a hug! That scene makes me cry every single time.

I would love to meet Matt someday and tell him just how amazing an actor he is. I truly believe, if he would have continued...not only would he have had a few Emmys...but at least an OSCAR by now. I really, really believe that. He blows all these current actors out of the water. He's still young, so I hope someday he considers getting back in front of the camera. His brother Pat even thinks he should get back to acting! It would be awesome to see him again!

I've also always had a crush on him, but now, to be honest...it's his acting that makes me crush on him more!
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 6:53 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
I think Cassandra and James took away from getting to know carrie more on the show

I agree with you, it would've been nice to have seen Carrie's character developed more. Yes, I think too, James and Cassandra made it too much, and I don't care for their characters too.

yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Alexke11
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:13 pm

I've always liked the character of Albert. I know a lot of people have issues with him because he wasn't a real person. Then my argument is that how many of those characters weren't real? Especially in episodes that didn't even focus on any of the main characters. And, like I have said many times, I am able to separate the books from the TV show. As far as I am concerned, adding Albert to the TV show wasn't such a horrible thing to do. He is pretty much the only added character on TV that I don't have a problem with. He is the only one that I don't think is silly. And I think that a lot of good episodes came from the use of the character. Also, I think some of the best acting came from him. So I had no problem with his addition at all.

Cassandra and James on the other hand....

I can live without seeing Carrie's character develop more. No, I have never had much interest in her.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
jessicamarie

Number of posts : 142

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:21 pm

Probably the main reason they didn't try to develop Carrie was that the Greenbush twins couldn't act to save there lives.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:29 pm

jessicamarie wrote:
Probably the main reason they didn't try to develop Carrie was that the Greenbush twins couldn't act to save there lives.

I didn't think they were *that* bad?

yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Alexke11
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 9:33 pm

alexczarn wrote:
jessicamarie wrote:

I didn't think they were *that* bad?
Well, I don't think they were that good.

There is a line in Alison Arngrim's book (I can't rememer the exact quote) that says something along the lines of Carrie speaking a language that only the family can understand. Smile That amused me when I read that because I thought I was the only one who had thoughts like that go through my mind about her.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 12:34 am

I think my username gives away my opinion about him grinsmiley Albert was the main reason I watched this show LOL. I hate it that they had him dying at the end though cryB I watched Looking Back to Yesterday on INSP and cried all day!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALBERT INGALLS   yesterday - ALBERT INGALLS Empty

Back to top Go down

ALBERT INGALLS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next