Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Twister that our area had

Go down 
+3
Rhonda
ChristinaAL
Misti
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112
Mood : Twister that our area had Happy010

Twister that our area had Empty
PostSubject: Twister that our area had   Twister that our area had EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 12:19 am

Hey all! I wanted to update you all on the storm that we had pass thru last Tuesday.
I woke up at 2 a.m. with the electricity going off. Next, I felt water drops hitting my face. Come to find out, we were having a big storm go through.
Next thing we knew the wind was blowing really, really hard and we actually felt our trailer lift up a little and move around. That is when the kids came in, scared, and that is when I started getting dressed, scared, but not sure what to do.
There was hail, too, lightning and thunder and more of the heavy wind and the trailer move. I literally felt like it was going to turn over or something.
Finally, it passed but the rain continued. There was school the next morning and the alarm clock starts going off at 4:45 a.m., so we laid down and we were so tired, we fell asleep.
The next morning, we got up and surveyed the damage. We truly believe that a small twister came thru. I am posting the pictures I took to prove it was more than a storm. Anyway, we are all fine and cleaning up and marching forward!
On that morning, David couldn't get the school bus out to go pick up the kids, so a bus had to come from town. We managed to get the kids out and a bus only picked up the kids in that area on the highway, if they could get out. So, people were improvising.
When I go to put the papers out in the stores on Wednesday, I usually leave at 7 a.m. to get done early. Well, we have two roads to go out on...one had huge fallen trees across them and the other had power poles and power lines across it. By the time CP&L fixed the lines, it was 11 a.m. before I left and around 1:30 p.m. before our electricity came back on.

David's truck from the back. We have two big trees on the corner and one of them split and one half fell on his truck.
Twister that our area had 000_1237
The reason we've got to get a new dryer!
Twister that our area had 000_1241-1
A neighbor's carport...
Twister that our area had 000_1243
Our pastor's storage buildings...notice the tin blown across the yard...
Twister that our area had 000_1259
And finally, a huge tree blown over in our pastor's yard. It was literally torn out of the ground!
Twister that our area had 000_1263

Twister that our area had HummerTwister that our area had MistiKeeperTwister that our area had Bookclub5Twister that our area had Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Twister that our area had   Twister that our area had EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 1:51 am

Oh my goodness! I'm glad you're all safe. That looks like it was some storm!

Twister that our area had ChristinaKeeper2 Twister that our area had 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Twister that our area had Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Twister that our area had   Twister that our area had EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 11:01 am

Misti, since emailing this info, did you ever get it confirmed whether or not is was a twister that touched down? That storm was one that met us later on.....left 2" of rain....in 45 minutes............... OhMy

Twister that our area had Rhonda10Twister that our area had Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Twister that our area had   Twister that our area had EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 12:42 pm

I had heard a lot of info. on TV about the tornado in Eagle Pass area surrounding areas, but now about our specific area. Neighbors and such had said that they heard what sounded like a train but we didn't. In my mind, by looking at the damage and the ways that stuff was destroyed, it had to be been a small one that came thru. The wind, to me, didn't seem to be like a normal wind, does that make sense? I sensed something else...

The funny thing is we didn't get a whole lot of rain, but lots of damage. The neightbors up the road had a much bigger tree than what our pastor had and it was demolished.

I'm glad you guys are ok. It was a bad one.

Twister that our area had HummerTwister that our area had MistiKeeperTwister that our area had Bookclub5Twister that our area had Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Twister that our area had   Twister that our area had EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 12:44 pm

I'm glad that your family and you are all ok. How scarey that must have been.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Twister that our area had Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

PostSubject: Re: Twister that our area had   Twister that our area had EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 4:44 pm

I'm so glad that you're all okay! How frightening!
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Twister that our area had   Twister that our area had EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 6:42 pm

Good to hear you are all safe. Was much damage done to the truck?

Twister that our area had Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Twister that our area had LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Twister that our area had Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Twister that our area had   Twister that our area had EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 9:18 pm

OMG Misti, you weren't kidding when you said to me your dryer got blown away!!! I would be scared to death. I'm so glad to hear you and your family are doing well. We will pray for your recovery and clean up!!!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Twister that our area had   Twister that our area had EmptySat Apr 28, 2007 10:41 pm

Wow... that must have been scary! I'm glad you're safe... it sure did some damage... wow and to knock that tree so close to it's roots affraid

Twister that our area had Horses10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twister that our area had   Twister that our area had Empty

Back to top Go down

Twister that our area had
Page 1 of 1