Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Last Farewell

Go down 
+14
Hamlet
LHOTPfan2000
Lori
Amy
Alice Garvey
Davetucson
littlehouselover
Gin
Shell
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Vanesa
Krissy
bethandmanly
jes9
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 19, 2012 6:18 am

Yes, I think he was, everyone was so sad and blowing things up is traumatic.
I'm glad he has the Little House replica at his home and it didn't burn later or get destroyed.

Mr. McCray has the Ingalls's figurine but was sad much was lost in fires later. An except from an interview talks of it:

C: And Stan Ivar, who played John Carter, does he have a replica of the Little House or does he have the original house?

K: He has the original house. He came in on his own after the show was over and took down the Little House and put it on a flat bed truck—he has a ranch outside of L.A. It’s in a barn at his ranch today.

C: Fans have been clamoring for a Little House reunion for years, but Ed Friendly would never give his permission. What happened to the rights to Little House after Ed passed away?

K: I really don’t know. I can’t answer that. Ed’s wife passed away first and then he remarried. I don’t know if the estate still controls the rights to it, I assume that they do, and his son is in the business, and he is a producer. I don’t know what’s going to happen to it.

C: So, it’s not very likely that fans will see a reunion show even if were a tribute to Michael, Victor, and the other actors who have since left us?

K: No, it’s tough because Ed controlled the merchandising of the show, which means he controls the show, the characters, and their likeness. He didn’t control the film, NBC owned the film; but he controlled anything that reproduced that because he owned the rights to the books. I don’t know who has that control now

I also asked if anybody kept any items after the explosion or any memorabilia and was told by Susan that nothing but wood sticks were left after the explosions, but Susan saved and treasures the little figurine that was on the Little House mantle. Kent bought all the props and wardrobe pieces from the show after they wrapped. All were housed in a large warehouse at the western location "Old Tucson", in Tucson, AZ where they had filmed numerous shows. One morning Kent and Susan were awakened with the tragic, heartbreaking news that there was a major fire at Old Tucson and all was destroyed. Melissa Gilbert saved her wardrobe dress and had it beautifully framed. It hangs proudly on a wall in Melissa's living room.

[i]
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Rose The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Is that a plastic cover on that bed spread or is it just the texture of it?
Rose When Carolyn Came Home
michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 Steffi11
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 3:03 pm

It does look shiny, probably has a protective coating or spray on it. I'm sure they got dirty with all the use and dust, etc.
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 4:43 pm

I think it's supposed to be satin.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 10:34 pm

yeah,me to

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 12:03 am

Davetucson wrote:
Is that a plastic cover on that bed spread or is it just the texture of it?
Rose When Carolyn Came Home
michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 Steffi11

Hmmmm!!! I'm seeing PLASTIC, there! batEyes grinsmiley

Vanesa.

michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 9:46 am

I saw plastic too, which was not around in the late 1800's, but it may be the texture.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 5:33 pm

True! maybe they didn't have anything else to use.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:13 pm

I started to watch it last night and I noticed that Charles and Caroline were drinking wine at the restaurant. I have never noticed that before. It was great seeing them in their old house.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 6:52 pm

It was kind of sad too, but they kept the shots tight so you didn't see too much of the Carter's things.
Back to top Go down
Alice Garvey
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Alice Garvey

Number of posts : 67
Mood : michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 3:10 pm

I have not seen that episode in quite a while. When was the last time it aired on tv? I remember crying when they blew up everything. I can only remember one time in the LH marathon this episode being shown.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:14 am

Not sure if this has ever been posted here, but I just found it and figured this was the most sensible place to put it:

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 9:41 am

Thumbsup

michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 10:28 am

I doubt on t.v we will ever have other shows like this again.

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:10 pm

Thanks for posting the video, Amy. I've never seen that before.

michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:34 am

This one is so sad!

michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

PostSubject: Remembering the Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:40 am

I really liked this although its very sad! bawling
Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm-VE2LLNr8

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

PostSubject: Part 2   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:41 am

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 2:45 pm

Nice Special about The Last Farewell

Part Two:
http://www.melissasueandersonfan.com/Little%20House%20Production.html

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."

Last edited by Davetucson on Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hamlet
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:29 pm

i just borrowed this from the library. It's the first time I've seen it since it originally aired. I've been rewatching the episodes on both INSP and Hallmark. I think they're up to 1981.

The Last Farewell was not so great through my adult eyes. I was about 8 years old when it originally aired and, while I noticed some inconsistencies, they didn't really bother me then.

It did seem rushed, not well written and fairly devoid of true character driven emotion.

Why didn't we see Carrie at the very least (one of the only original children left)? They couldn't have Mary and Adam make a cameo? I guess perhaps back in pioneer times people didn't just flit across country at whim but it detracted from the "feel" of the show.

I didn't care about the Carters or Jason and his bunny subplot.

I remember being shocked at a child when they started blowing up the town but as an adult, again, it seemed rather devoid of emotion. I didn't not feel Laura's true pain or sadness or Charles or Caroline. I don't know. I was disappointed in my rewatch. In fact, I was disappointed in my rewatch of all three finale movie. Disjointed and unfinished if how they feel now.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:47 pm

I think in some ways it was rushed...some people were ready to move on, there was last minute meetings about how to end it, Michael, God Bless him, was ready to end it and I agree, it showed.

It is not one I watch on a regular basis. I think that is why so many people wanted specials later, specials with everyone in them, but alas, that was not meant to be.

I still hope for a reunion of remaining cast one day before any more pass away.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 10:01 am

I think the show should have gone out with a "Happy" ending. This show never really even had a good last episode on the last season.

Back to top Go down
bestshowever
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 2:34 pm

One of the first comments on this episode is that normally Charles cries at the drop of a hat. This time, the town he spent amost a decade of his life on is being blown up and he's Mr Stoic while everyone else is bawling.
This is what I think. The themes of explosives and dynamite ran all through the series. Kind of think Michael was kind of a closet pyromaniac. While watching the buildings being blown up, maybe he was getting a "rush" out of it and "forgot" he was supposed to be emotional?

Oh, the scene where they come to the boarding house to tell the Wilders they have to leave. Almanzo and Mr Montegue both get knocked out with one punch, but Caroline fires the lever action and they all scatter. Go Ma!  Hahahahaha!

The significance of the rabbits: After the town is reduced to scrap wood, the rabbits are hopping around the Little House. This signifies that Little House on the Prairie will never go away and will multiply like rabbits. Think of it, the show, the movies, the historical sites, the reunions, the festivals, the fan web sites, the Facebook pages. They grow like rabbits and Little House will always endure.
Back to top Go down
LauraIngallsfan
"Psalm 73"
michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 MatthewRank
LauraIngallsfan

Number of posts : 9265
Mood : michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 12:13 am

It seems that I might be in the minority here, but I actually thought that this was good episode. Sure, there is a sadness that they are loosing Walnut Grove, and it's a bit sad when all of the buildings get blown up, but I thought it was an interesting way to end the series...

The people of Walnut Grove weren't going to give up without a fight, and even though they thought they lost it for a bit there, with the help of Laura they still fight it to the end and take the town they had built and cared for, away from Lassiter. It is classic that Laura was the one to start this plan too.. I thought it was great how she said that he may get the town, but he would have a lot of fixing up to do. I kept thinking of that line she said as they blew up the buildings! Yes, A LOT of fixing up! Thumbsup  

I just love the scene when Lassiter and his gang show up to a bunch of rubble after they blow up the town.... and he thinks that he can arrest everyone. I love how Isaiah tells Lassiter that he may own the land, but the town was their's to do with as they all saw fit. The best part of all is when they all march out past Lassiter while singing "Onward Christian Soldiers". They had fought Lassiter to the end and they had won!

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”  - Laura Ingalls Wilder

michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 Laurai10
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/mylittlehouselibrary/
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 9:17 pm

I'm sad the building were blown up. Stan and Melissa looked like the were crying the hardest. You can see tears in Victor's eyes when he blew up the mill. I wonder what they did with the church/school.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last Farewell   michael - The Last Farewell - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Last Farewell
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next