Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hospice Care Needed

Go down 
+5
bethandmanly
Vanesa
Rhonda
Amy
LIWnut
9 posters
AuthorMessage
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Hospice Care Needed Cloud910

Hospice Care Needed Empty
PostSubject: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 9:55 pm

Hi all,
I ask prayers for a dear friend whose husband has just been ill for a very long time with breathing problems and now they have discovered that he has lung cancer. Treatment for the cancer cannot happen due to the breathing problems. Drs don't know how much time he has left but the end is coming. My friend is trying to be strng but I know that inside she is absolutely crushed. She is a believer in Christ but he is not. I pray for his physical health but even more, his spiritual health.
Thanks all. My friends and I truly appreciate your prayers.
Marilyn

Hospice Care Needed MarilynKeeper Hospice Care Needed Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Hospice Care Needed Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:10 pm

Oh, how very sad. I will be praying for your friend's husband.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Hospice Care Needed Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:39 pm

I know who you are speaking of Marilyn and it is so sad.....I hate this disease and more than that, I hate when it wins......I pray that he realizes what he needs to do.... Blue

Hospice Care Needed Rhonda10Hospice Care Needed Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Hospice Care Needed Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 11:52 pm

Rhonda wrote:
I know who you are speaking of Marilyn and it is so sad.....I hate this disease and more than that, I hate when it wins......I pray that he realizes what he needs to do.... Blue

I share your opinion, Rhonda. I just HATE this awful disease. mad Ranting

I'll pray for your friend, Marilyn and for his husband. Jesus is always there to receive new believers, because Jesus loves everyone and wants ALL of us to be saved. pray

Vanesa.

Hospice Care Needed Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyTue Dec 20, 2011 12:11 am

Thanks for sharing this here, Marilyn. We're already praying for him here. I did not know he was not saved. You've added a new prayer to my list.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : Hospice Care Needed Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:50 am

Dave will continue to be in my prayers, Marilyn.

Hospice Care Needed TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 12:21 pm

Do we have any other news, Marilyn?

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 6:40 pm

Got an email that said everything has been set up to keep him as comfortable as possible. What they have been giving him has helped alot so he is able to care for the other items that need to be seen to. They just need our prayers of healing and time given.

Hospice Care Needed Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:10 pm

Since those of you who know this couple, I guess it's ok to give their names. Dave is terminally ill iwth COPD and on top of that has a large tumour on his lung. His dr is 99% sure that it is cancer.
His wife, my dear friend Beth is a relative of our Laura.
Please continue to pray for them both. We all appreciate it so much.
Marilyn

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Hospice Care Needed Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 10:56 pm

Smiley Hug I'am so sorry.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 12:20 am

I'll pray specially for Dave. It's never late to receive Jesus in his heart. pray

How did they know it's a terminal cancer? For yu've written above, it's not 100% it really IS cancer. I know that it's almost certain to be so, but while there's a little hope it is not, we must grave it. I'll pray for it would not be cancer. pray

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 4:23 am

I'll be praying for her husband to accept Jesus Christ as his Personal Savior. pray

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 9:41 pm

The dr is 99% sure that it is cancer but can only be 100% sure by doing a biopsy of the tumour. Dave would not be able to survive this procedure due to his COPD.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 11:37 pm

That's afwul. How is Beth doing?

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 7:22 pm

She is upset. She told me a week ago that she is still in denial. But with our support and prayers from afar I'm praying that God will give her strength. I'm hoping to see her again this summer again, saving up the $$ now so I can see her then.
Thanks for your continued prayers.
Marilyn

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyFri Dec 23, 2011 9:00 pm

That is so tough. I wish she and I lived closer so I could at least be useful. Thanks for the update, Marilyn.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:14 pm

I was talking to Beth and she said that Dave is doing better. The meds that he is on has taken away his pain and he is breathing better. But she knows that this is not a cure, just a means of keeping him comfortable. But the also said that he is always hungry and asking for something to eat when in the past, he hardly ate anything. She says that it's wonderful to hear him asking for more food. Dave is a VERY thin man and so eating is really important. God is good.
Dave has moved into the spare room into a hospital bed that he can sleep in with his head reased, easier to breathe and Beth has been sleeping in a recliner in his room to be near him. She is afraid to sleep in her own bed in case he needs her and she doesn't hear him. But this arrangement isn't giving her enough sleep and she is really tired. Please pray that she gets her rest so she can continue to care for him. We don't need her to get sick too.
Thanks for your continued prayers. We aappreciate them.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 12:41 am

I'll keep having both of them in my prayers, but I'm happy that dave has somewhat improved...For a cancer patient, eating is always important, and eating with real hungry is great.

I know a woman, here, in Argentina who has a huge cancer in her uterus, and praying it DISSAPEARED in some hours. She only said: "I know I'm cured!", since she REALLY felt the cancer was gone. And it was a tumor that didn't allow her to sit, and was showing clearly in the lower part of her body. When she went to her doctors to have the last proofs before surgery, her personal physician was amazed...he realized that cancer was GONE. And it was impossible, but real. This story happened 20 years ago and cancer never returned.

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 2:35 am

Thanks again for the update, Marilyn. They continue to be in my prayers.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Hospice Care Needed Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:18 am

Glad hes getiing a bit better

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:35 am

Glad to hear Dave is a little better....I'll continue to pray for him.

LIWnut wrote:
Dave has moved into the spare room into a hospital bed that he can sleep in with his head reased, easier to breathe and Beth has been sleeping in a recliner in his room to be near him. She is afraid to sleep in her own bed in case he needs her and she doesn't hear him. But this arrangement isn't giving her enough sleep and she is really tired. Please pray that she gets her rest so she can continue to care for him. We don't need her to get sick too.
Thanks for your continued prayers. We aappreciate them.

She needs to buy a baby monitor....they even have video monitors now. That way she can hear or see him stirring or calling for her if he needs her.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 4:51 pm

Yes the video monitors are wonderful. She needs her rest or she won't be of much use to him.

Hospice Care Needed Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 8:54 pm

Amy and Gin, I suggested a baby monitor to Beth. Sbe went out the other day and got one and it is doing a great job. She can sleep in her room and still be able to hear him if he needs her.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:14 am

Gin wrote:
Yes the video monitors are wonderful. She needs her rest or she won't be of much use to him.

I share your opinion, Gin. If you are a sick person to care about, you MUST be not tired, or, at least you must rest time to time . I remember how hard it was for us when my auntie was suffering from cancer and we took care of her in our home..We were all so tired that we couldn't hardly help her in the right way.. No

Vanesa..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hospice Care Needed   Hospice Care Needed Empty

Back to top Go down

Hospice Care Needed
Page 1 of 1