Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Faith healer

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Faith healer Headac10

Faith healer Empty
PostSubject: Faith healer   Faith healer EmptyWed Dec 21, 2011 11:03 am

A faither healer comes to town.He manages to convince citizens that he is more power-full then the reverend or doc baker.A tragic event happens

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

Faith healer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith healer   Faith healer EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 1:52 am

I've always liked this one. There are such fakes like him who have been caught in the act. I think it's trublesome.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Faith healer Headac10

Faith healer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith healer   Faith healer EmptyThu Dec 22, 2011 10:24 am

Harrietfan wrote:
I've always liked this one. There are such fakes like him who have been caught in the act. I think it's trublesome.

Can't believe ppl are still like that in this world.I'am not really sure if it was the pastors fault the boy died.Or maybe it was the father's fault for not taking him. I guess the father believed so much that the pastor would heal them. But all in all i guess its no ones fault.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1053

Faith healer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith healer   Faith healer EmptyFri Jun 22, 2012 9:01 am

There will always be frauds but with our technology now, less so. I saw more "I can see the dead" types than faith healers in the last decades.

Sometimes the power or faith or thinking can make you feel better...I worked at a pharmacy where drug studies were done and placebos, fake meds, had to be used by some and the real drug for others. Sometimes just thinking they were getting the real drug made some feel better depending on the disease or ailment. It doesn't cure but can make symptoms better.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

Faith healer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith healer   Faith healer EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 9:53 pm

I really like this episode....especially the way that it ends with Revd. Alden talking about how he had dreamed of being a fiery preacher. I am so glad that he is not that kind of preacher. And so sad how the so-called "Reverend Danforth" tricked people into trusting that he could heal them. I would like more backstory on him, though....like, did he start out with good intentions and then he gave into the lust for power and/or money?
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

Faith healer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith healer   Faith healer EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 9:55 pm

But did Almanzo and Eliza Jane join the flock of Revd. Danforth? I'm disappointed in Almanzo if he did....or did he just skip going to church sometimes? He was not there at the service when it was just Revd. Alden, the Ingalls, Andy and Jonathan, and Doc Baker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Faith healer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Faith healer   Faith healer Empty

Back to top Go down

Faith healer
Page 1 of 1