Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Make a joyful noise

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Make - Make a joyful noise Headac10

Make - Make a joyful noise Empty
PostSubject: Make a joyful noise   Make - Make a joyful noise EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 5:00 pm

Joe hagen moves to sleepy eye to help at the blind school.He falls in love with hester sue who plans to marry a man with a more promising future.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Make - Make a joyful noise Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Make a joyful noise   Make - Make a joyful noise EmptySun May 13, 2012 7:52 pm

Not a favorite episode of mine.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Make - Make a joyful noise Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Make a joyful noise   Make - Make a joyful noise EmptyFri May 18, 2012 12:08 am

I can't say I liked this episode... Huh?

Vanesa.

Make - Make a joyful noise Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Make a joyful noise   Make - Make a joyful noise EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 9:54 am

I like how the young boy sings at the end..I didn't like how they made Hester Sue so blind to her intended husband's faults.
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: Make a joyful noise   Make - Make a joyful noise EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 10:05 pm

This is one I kind of love and kind of hate. I think that Ketty Lester's acting is so wonderful, especially in the scene where she talks to Mary about her first husband. And I also like the chance to see an episode really feature her and Moses Gunn. In fact, I think that they could possibly have made a spin-off of LITTLE HOUSE with those two. I think it could have been interesting to see a period show (set in the 1860s or 1870s) featuring African-Americans as the stars.

But I find myself dissatisfied with the way the episode ends. Is this before or after Hester Sue's first husband came back? How many times is Hester Sue going to be almost married and then something is going to happen to call off the wedding? I think I would have preferred if Hester Sue came to the decision herself, perhaps just before the wedding, rather than getting through almost the whole ceremony and then stopping the wedding just before the marriage became official. Did she already go through the vows to Hertzel? I think so.

Also, I think it was kind of odd for Joe to take the children into the wedding ceremony. And I was also like "Couldn't they at least sing a new verse or a new song?"

I've never really completely understood Hester Sue's antagonistic attitude towards Joe. Have we ever known of him to be a heavy drinker or to be a slacker? He seems like he has always been a hard-working honest man.

And, did we ever see or hear of Hester Sue and Joe actually tying the knot?
Back to top Go down
amyk
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 529

PostSubject: Re: Make a joyful noise   Make - Make a joyful noise EmptySun Jun 20, 2021 10:09 pm

littlehouselover wrote:
I like how the young boy sings at the end..I didn't like how they made Hester Sue so blind to her intended husband's faults.
I guess I'm not sure he really had a lot of faults, although perhaps COZI-TV (that I watch the show on) cut some things out of the episode which would change my mind about him. Yes, he was angry with the children interrupting the wedding, but I kind of see his point.....especially as they were just about finished with the ceremony. Hertzel didn't really seem like a bad fellow to me. And I think Hester Sue could have perhaps learned to love him in time, as she said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make a joyful noise   Make - Make a joyful noise Empty

Back to top Go down

Make a joyful noise
Page 1 of 1