Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blind justice

Go down 
+4
ChristineLovesLHOTP
david
Vanesa
Krissy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Blind justice Headac10

Blind justice Empty
PostSubject: Blind justice   Blind justice EmptyMon Dec 26, 2011 5:04 pm

Adam and mary move back to walnut grove.Adam starts a law practice.His first case is a person who is swindling people.Adam thinks/believes he is innocent.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Blind justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind justice   Blind justice EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 9:39 pm

Well all i can say is adam is a pretty good at what he does. Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Blind justice Bokmal10

Blind justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind justice   Blind justice EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 11:39 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

And he was somewhat right. The man was not *totally* guilty. He swindled people for he was desperate, knowing he was diying and his wife and son will remain in poverty... Blue

Vanesa.

Blind justice Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Blind justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind justice   Blind justice EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:01 am

Vanesa wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

And he was somewhat right. The man was not *totally* guilty. He swindled people for he was desperate, knowing he was diying and his wife and son will remain in poverty... Blue

Vanesa.

Yeah,He was.what i've been thinking is that.I don't think into day's society people get off like he did.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
david
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
david

Number of posts : 3584
Mood : Blind justice Goodsi10

Blind justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind justice   Blind justice EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 12:19 am

It is retrospectively interesting how Adam Kendall stuck it to the big shot lawyer at the very end because eventually Adam DOES leave Walnut Grove to go with a big firm because he cannot make a living in a small town. Maybe he should have taken that offer to begin with. Obviously the triumphant result of this particular episode had to be turning down the greedy opportunist who had disappointed him beforehand.
Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : Blind justice Goodsi10

Blind justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind justice   Blind justice EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 10:35 pm

I liked Adam and Mary story lines

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

Blind justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind justice   Blind justice EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 10:10 am

David, I agree...Adam does become what he tried not to be but how many lawyers could there be in Walnut Grove area...they can barely pay the doctor!

If Doc Baker wasn't single, I don't know how he afforded to live there, buy supplies, etc. I realize he did get paid sometimes but you can't buy things with chickens and pies...that always perplexed me but I loved his character and overlooked it.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Blind justice Purple2

Blind justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind justice   Blind justice EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:11 pm

I like Adam. I wish they hadn't wrote Adam and Mary out at the beginning of season 8 and I wish they would have kept Nellie&Percival on the show.
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : Blind justice Purple2

Blind justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind justice   Blind justice EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:11 pm

Adam was a great teacher and a great lawyer.
Back to top Go down
LHOTPfan2000
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LHOTPfan2000

Number of posts : 675
Mood : Blind justice Confus10

Blind justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind justice   Blind justice EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 5:46 am

I found this one a bit boring!

Blind justice PhoebeKeeper

“It was a huge shock when it came and very excited“

This was the duchess of cambridges take on how she felt when William proposed during their official engagement interview with ITN reporter Tom Bradby. There was a real giggle at the end. Cute.
Back to top Go down
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/phoeberule
reneerose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
reneerose

Number of posts : 52

Blind justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind justice   Blind justice EmptyFri Apr 15, 2016 6:18 pm

I was shocked that the writers Michael and Carole Raschella, who had actually written "I'll Be Waving as You Drive Away" wrote this episode, because the story wasn't really as strong as I had expected to be. I always wished they had written a longer story arc with episodes of Adam going through law school instead of an acceleration to have him immediately a lawyer after only several episodes after regaining his sight.

The court case was okay for starters, but some of it, especially at the end, seemed a bit weakly written. I think it would have been much better if they had done about a half season's worth of episodes of Adam in law school before he got his first case. Then he and Mary would have lasted longer than they did.

Also it seemed really that the writers wrote Adam and Mary into a corner with this episode by bringing them back to Walnut Grove, which wasn't really a hotbed of profitable conflict....sigh...to think of what could have been.
Back to top Go down
reneerose
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
reneerose

Number of posts : 52

Blind justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind justice   Blind justice EmptyThu May 26, 2016 12:54 am

david wrote:
It is retrospectively interesting how Adam Kendall stuck it to the big shot lawyer at the very end because eventually Adam DOES leave Walnut Grove to go with a big firm because he cannot make a living in a small  town.  Maybe he should have taken that offer to begin with. Obviously the triumphant result of this particular episode had to be turning down the greedy opportunist who had disappointed him beforehand.

I'd like to think that Adam became a big shot lawyer in New York City in his father's former law firm after he and Mary moved there, but I would also like to think that he always kept the rights of the underprivileged or disabled close to his heart having experienced disability and discrimination first hand as a former blind person.

I would have LOVED to see more episodes where story ideas around such cases could have been explored.  Am sure it would have given both Linwood Boomer and Melissa Sue Anderson something good to play if she had stayed on for another season or so....too bad there wasn't a "19th century Little House spinoff, attorney in a big city show"; I would have watched it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blind justice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blind justice   Blind justice Empty

Back to top Go down

Blind justice
Page 1 of 1