HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 A friend backslidden

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: A friend backslidden   Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:10 am

I have a good close and dear friend of mine. Lately, more than ever I have noticed him going downhill when it comes to his morals and stands. He is doing things he for sure should not be doing and it really saddens me to see him go from so decent to what he has been becoming. It started out with little things, and it has just grown. Seems like each time we talk he tells me something new. Just the other day my friend text me and informed me she saw him doing something wrong. I questioned him about it and he confirmed it.
I really would appreciate prayers that he would have a revelation as to what he is doing and get back on the right track. I really am concerned about him now more than ever because he is doing unhealthy things and am terribly afraid something bad will happen as a result. I want to see him get back right with God.

Thank you so much. It means alot....


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:38 am

Sorry about that; so sad to see people go down that track. Will pray.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:19 am

I'am so sorry about your friend.


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:14 pm

Thanks y'all, it is a thing to be disappointed at, but it is HIS choice to do these things. We just need to pray God reveals the wrong doing in these things and that he will get back on the right track.


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:21 pm

Yeah, Youre right.It's the person's choice to act in that manner.Maybe youre friend will come out of it soon.


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:25 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Yeah, Youre right.It's the person's choice to act in that manner.Maybe youre friend will come out of it soon.

Exactly. I believe alot of his friends have a bad influence on him, so I pray for those boys too.


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5178
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:49 pm

What a sad thing...I'll be praying for your friend. One feels so desperate when a dear friend does these kind of bad choices.! No

Vanesa.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:39 am

MissYoungClassic wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Yeah, Youre right.It's the person's choice to act in that manner.Maybe youre friend will come out of it soon.

Exactly. I believe alot of his friends have a bad influence on him, so I pray for those boys too.

I remember when my friend was with the wrong ppl she acted different


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:00 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
MissYoungClassic wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Yeah, Youre right.It's the person's choice to act in that manner.Maybe youre friend will come out of it soon.

Exactly. I believe alot of his friends have a bad influence on him, so I pray for those boys too.

I remember when my friend was with the wrong ppl she acted different

I've let some bad influences influence me before. It's not a pretty thing. I've fallen off the track a couple times, but thankfully I'm back on it. It is amazing how we can let others change and effect us. In reality, we should be the ones influencing them!


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker


Number of posts : 8657
Location : California Country
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:40 pm

Definitely sad to see. Been there with a friend as well...

Have you asked him about it? Does he feel like he is behaving badly or does he not even care? In the end... we all have our own free will but it IS sad when it is used for wrongdoing ... specially if that person knows better!

I hope things get better with that situation.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:22 pm

MissYoungClassic wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
MissYoungClassic wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Yeah, Youre right.It's the person's choice to act in that manner.Maybe youre friend will come out of it soon.

Exactly. I believe alot of his friends have a bad influence on him, so I pray for those boys too.

I remember when my friend was with the wrong ppl she acted different

I've let some bad influences influence me before. It's not a pretty thing. I've fallen off the track a couple times, but thankfully I'm back on it. It is amazing how we can let others change and effect us. In reality, we should be the ones influencing them!

well glad you got back on the good track


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva


Number of posts : 7230
Location : In a book
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:21 pm

Praying he gets back on track soon.


Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:45 pm

Carol wrote:
Definitely sad to see. Been there with a friend as well...

Have you asked him about it? Does he feel like he is behaving badly or does he not even care? In the end... we all have our own free will but it IS sad when it is used for wrongdoing ... specially if that person knows better!

I hope things get better with that situation.

Well, about one thing I asked him if he regretted doing it and he said not at all and as far as he was concerned, he hasn't made a mistake. That was about the worst thing in my opinion that he did. I don't know about the other things he is doing. Deep down I feel, or at least hope he knows he's not doing right. He was born and raised in church and goes to my church. You would never guess he's this way. I am blessed that he feels confident enough to confide in me. We are very close friends and confide in each other and I know he will always be there for me, and I the same for him. I just am so saddened at how he is being and his actions. So to answer your question....I deep down think he does. But sometimes people can carry themselves in a way to where you think they don't.


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6


Number of posts : 2529
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:33 pm

My nephew is 18 and over the past year has backslidden too. I think, in his case at least, that he is just trying to whatever he can to displease his parents. Stephen has been diagnosed with ADD and ADHD and his parents have always treated him different than his 2 other brothers. He was made to feel stupid, or maybe, way not told that he was smart or worthwile. So, he is taking his own route in life to just rebel against them. Deep down I know that he knows about the saving knowledge of Jesus. I am praying that he will return to his faith soon.
Maybe your friend is experimenting as well. They are both in God's hands and if they are believers, He will protect them according to His will. This doesn't mean that it is according to our will so the road might be difficult for us to watch at times. Just remember that He is in control. Keep praying faithfully.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:07 pm

My friend was yet in another wreck Saturday. He's ok.


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:25 pm

MissYoungClassic wrote:
My friend was yet in another wreck Saturday. He's ok.

Eck... :/ Glad he's ok.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5178
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:39 pm

LIWnut wrote:
My nephew is 18 and over the past year has backslidden too. I think, in his case at least, that he is just trying to whatever he can to displease his parents. Stephen has been diagnosed with ADD and ADHD and his parents have always treated him different than his 2 other brothers. He was made to feel stupid, or maybe, way not told that he was smart or worthwile. So, he is taking his own route in life to just rebel against them. Deep down I know that he knows about the saving knowledge of Jesus. I am praying that he will return to his faith soon.
Maybe your friend is experimenting as well. They are both in God's hands and if they are believers, He will protect them according to His will. This doesn't mean that it is according to our will so the road might be difficult for us to watch at times. Just remember that He is in control. Keep praying faithfully.

I share Marylin's opinion. Maybe your friend is trying to make his own way in life, but of course, taking the wrong path...Hope he could find out , all by himself but with God's help, that he is doing a stupidty. I'll keep praying for him. Thumbsup

Vanesa.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A friend backslidden   Today at 2:53 am

Back to top Go down
 
A friend backslidden
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» A friend backslidden
» Oh baby you got what I need, but you say he's just a friend...
» How would you describe your ideal friend?
» Lost a good friend today
» Sunbonnet Sue's friend "Sam"

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Walnut Grove Community :: Prairie Voices: Advice & Prayer Requests-
Jump to: