Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Snoopy fans...

Go down 
+8
Amy
alexczarn
LIWnut
littlehousefan200
Rob
Krissy
Rhonda
Savannah
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Goodsi10

Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 1:44 pm

There's a live webcam at that street crossing, so if you want to know what's going on in London day or night, here you go:

Abbey Road Crossing

It's funny, because sometimes you see people imitating the Beatles' walk across the road, with their friends taking pictures... and drivers getting annoyed. Snoopy fans... - Page 2 440956
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Goodness....when they want across the street, they just step out and start walking.....not hardly even watching the traffic coming their way... Yikes

Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Rhonda10Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:04 pm

I know! It's scary, isn't it? I suppose if you live there it's just second nature, but I tense up just watching it. Snoopy fans... - Page 2 339759
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Rob wrote:

It's funny, because sometimes you see people imitating the Beatles' walk across the road, with their friends taking pictures... and drivers getting annoyed. Snoopy fans... - Page 2 440956

I can hear 'em from here....."Dad-Blasted Tourists!!!"

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:12 pm

This morning there were some people standing in the crosswalk, doing their Beatle poses. I'm sure the drivers loved that. Snoopy fans... - Page 2 68167
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:32 pm

Rob wrote:
There's a live webcam at that street crossing, so if you want to know what's going on in London day or night, here you go:

Abbey Road Crossing

Woahhhhh!! Rob, I was watching the webcam and just saw an almost accident!! One car barely stopped for a doofus that turned in front of him. And what's with the squiggley road lines? Was the guy running the machine drunk?

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Rob wrote:
This morning there were some people standing in the crosswalk, doing their Beatle poses. I'm sure the drivers loved that. Snoopy fans... - Page 2 68167

how cool

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:48 pm

I missed it! I gotta believe there've been a goodly number of accidents there over the years.

I was wondering about the squiggles, too. They weren't there in 1969. Can't imagine why they'd favor those over straight lines.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:49 pm

Squiggles where?

Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 4:56 pm

The first post on this page, Alex. It has a link to a webcam at the Abbey Road crosswalk in London. The lanes on the street are marked with squiggly lines rather than straight ones.
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:00 pm

WOW that's interesting.

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:28 am

Four guys just dropped their pants in the middle of the crosswalk. Snoopy fans... - Page 2 335724
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:10 am

Their mothers would be so proud. Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Rolls_19

It sure doesn't take long to see groups of three or four people stopping in the road to have their picture taken! Maybe they should have a "Beatles stop light" set up. Snoopy fans... - Page 2 135245
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:14 am

Snoopy fans... - Page 2 135245 One guy was going across, and stopped in pose for his picture to be taken...You could hear his friend say, "No! They were going the other way!", so he turned around and posed in the opposite direction.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 10:22 am

Not quite sure who is in more danger, the ones trying to pose, or the one trying to take the picture....... scratchead

Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Rhonda10Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 5:06 pm

There's snow on Abbey Road. Snoopy fans... - Page 2 77764
Back to top Go down
AaronM
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
AaronM

Number of posts : 70
Mood : Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Hey Sis, I wonder how many people have hit their brakes thinking there was actually something in the way in the road? Snoopy fans... - Page 2 85958

Rob, thanks for the cool additions, I had no idea this picture had been copied so many times?

Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Aaron_10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:50 pm

AaronM wrote:
Hey Sis, I wonder how many people have hit their brakes thinking there was actually something in the way in the road? Snoopy fans... - Page 2 85958

Snoopy fans... - Page 2 135245 I can see Otis Campbell driving there at night after having "a snoot full". Snoopy fans... - Page 2 987572 Snoopy fans... - Page 2 279394 Snoopy fans... - Page 2 85958
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:51 pm

Savannah wrote:
AaronM wrote:

Snoopy fans... - Page 2 135245 I can see Otis Campbell driving there at night after having "a snoot full". Snoopy fans... - Page 2 987572 Snoopy fans... - Page 2 279394 Snoopy fans... - Page 2 85958

So that's what Otis's last name is! I always wondered that...

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:52 pm

"Izz that Shnoopy? That looksh like Shnoopy..." Snoopy fans... - Page 2 811339
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 06, 2012 10:57 pm

"Oh no! I THINK I JUSHT RAN OVER SHNOOPY!" Snoopy fans... - Page 2 135245

Yep, Alex - his last name is Campbell.
Snoopy fans... - Page 2 70708
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Laughing ROTFL

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:14 pm

This is insane....I am SO glad I live where I do!! Yikes I can't even believe how many near accidents I've witnessed....people act like they're the only ones on the road! thud
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Snoopy fans...   Snoopy fans... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Snoopy fans...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2