Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Emily of new moon.

Go down 
+5
Savannah
LIWnut
Carol
emilyanneoftheprairie
JW
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Emily of new moon. Happy011

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Emily of New Moon   Emily of new moon. EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:18 pm

Hello Has anyone seen this Show Emily of New Moon? the Books are by Lucy Maud Montgomery I Really enjoy Road to Avonlea and Anne of Green Gables now i am just wondering if i would like this show to and Season one is Pretty Cheap at ChristainBook.com it is only $17.99
Emily of new moon. 703394_1_ftc_dp
Based on Lucy Maud Montgomery's novel, Emily of the New Moon is the brilliant story of a free-spirited, orphaned girl, whose vivid imagination, passion to write, and romantic nature clash with her strict adoptive family. Season one follows Emily (Martha MacIsaac, Superbad) as she adjusts to a new school, makes new friends, and attempts to discover her parents' and family's past. Through it all, Emily handles her difficult issues with poise beyond her years and with an uncanny ability to wonderfully complicate the lives of everyone around her

Emily of new moon. Jacobk10Emily of new moon. Jacob210
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538
Mood : Emily of new moon. Happy010

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:33 pm

oh i love these books!! i have never seen this movie or show. i want to though. oh wow i didn't they made them. i heard rumors about them making it. thanks for the post Jacob.

Emily of new moon. Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Emily of new moon. Cute-2
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptySat Mar 21, 2009 8:53 pm

You're Welcome Emily

Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 1:21 am

Sounds interesting :think: Thumbsup

Emily of new moon. Horses10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Emily of new moon. Cloud910

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 10:20 am

I couldn't get into these shows. I only watched a few episodes years ago and don't remember much about it. I love Kevin Sullivan's productions so I should go and watch then again.

Emily of new moon. MarilynKeeper Emily of new moon. Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Emily of new moon. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 12:59 pm

One of my friends told me the same thing, Marilyn - that she just couldn't get into the show. She said it had a "darker" feel to it than Avonlea did. My library system has this available to borrow, but I haven't checked it out yet.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Emily of new moon. Love-s10

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 1:28 pm

I need to get this. I have the books and I'm thinking my 10 yr old neice, Emily would love to watch. This might be an investment to have when Emily comes to visit this summer. Thanks for posting...

Emily of new moon. Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyMon Mar 23, 2009 3:23 pm

Well i think i might try them yet but i am first gonna buy all of the Road to Avonlea then i am gonna try Emily of New Moon

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Emily of new moon. Cloud910

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyTue Mar 24, 2009 11:27 am

I have a few seasons left to get of Avonlea. Hopefully I can get them soon. I just love that show.

Emily of new moon. MarilynKeeper Emily of new moon. Bookclub2
Back to top Go down

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyWed Mar 25, 2009 11:10 pm

I've read emily of new moon book and it's awesome book..Just the t.v show i did't like to much i could't get into it either!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Emily of new moon. Headac10

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Emile Of New Moon!!! by Lucy.M.M   Emily of new moon. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 6:42 pm

I was woundering if any one read the books? Did u enjoy it?

I started reading it..Have not finshed yet.So far it's pretty good.....Lot darker then AOGG.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Emily of new moon. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:07 pm

I have the Emily books, but I haven't read them yet. I started to, but as you said, they're a lot darker than the Anne books were, and I needed something a little lighter-spirited at the time. Eventually I'll pick them back up again. Emily of new moon. 70708
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:12 pm

I have these books also. Its been about 14 yrs since I read them though. I was having to find things to do during my last pregnancy so I read all the books then.
Keep reading. They, like the Anne books are detailed, but worth the read.

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Emily of new moon. Bokmal10

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:17 pm

I couldn't get into them. I might read them at some point, but they didn't engage me the way the Anne books did.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:40 pm

Savannah wrote:
I have the Emily books, but I haven't read them yet. I started to, but as you said, they're a lot darker than the Anne books were, and I needed something a little lighter-spirited at the time. Eventually I'll pick them back up again. Emily of new moon. 70708

I'll probly read them again sometime i hope lol

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 7:40 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I couldn't get into them. I might read them at some point, but they didn't engage me the way the Anne books did.

I could't get into the tv show they had of emily of new moon!

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 7:45 pm

They had a T.V show that was based on the books.It didn't last long tho. Did anyone watch it or see it?. I didn't get into it.I thought it was a little boring and too dark.

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:23 pm

I have these. I do like it...although it does seem a bit slow. That little girl that plays Emily is really talented.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:24 pm

Gin wrote:
I have these. I do like it...although it does seem a bit slow. That little girl that plays Emily is really talented.

Ya,she was good. Smile

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:42 am

More People have Discussed this Show a while back might get you more info
https://lhotp.editboard.com/t3719-emily-of-new-moon?highlight=Emily+of+new+moon

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 9:49 am

oh,oops.

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:56 pm

I've seen about two seasons worth of episodes, but didn't really care for it that much. I loved Cousin Jimmy, but that was about it. Over dramatic Emily and Ilse had the tendency to get on my nerves.

Emily of new moon. PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 10:21 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
I've seen about two seasons worth of episodes, but didn't really care for it that much. I loved Cousin Jimmy, but that was about it. Over dramatic Emily and Ilse had the tendency to get on my nerves.

II think if Kevin S did the show,it would have done better.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Emily of new moon. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emily of new moon.   Emily of new moon. Empty

Back to top Go down

Emily of new moon.
Page 1 of 1