HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Happy Mother's Day.......a little early

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19958
Mood :

PostSubject: Happy Mother's Day.......a little early   Fri May 11, 2007 8:36 am

This is too funny.... HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

So, we had this great 10 year old cat named Jack who just recently died. Jack was a great cat and the kids would carry him around and sit on him and nothing ever bothered him. He used to hang out and nap all day long on this mat in our bathroom.

Well we have 3 kids and at the time of this story they were 4 years old, 3 years old and 1 year old. The middle one is Eli. Eli really loves chap stick. LOVES it. He kept asking to use my chap stick and then losing it. So finally one day I showed him where in the bathroom I keep my chap stick and how he could use it whenever he wanted to but he needed to put it right back in the drawer when he was done.

Last year on Mother's Day, we were having the typical rush around and try to get ready for Church with everyone crying and carrying on. My two boys are fighting over the toy in the cereal box. I am trying to nurse my little one at the same time I am putting on my make-up. Everything is a mess and everyone has long forgotten that this is a wonderful day to honor me and the amazing job that is motherhood.

We finally have the older one and the baby loaded in the car and I am looking for Eli. I have searched everywhere and I finally round the corner to go into the bathroom. And there was Eli. He was applying my chap stick very carefully to Jack's . . . rear end. Eli looked right into my eyes and said "chapped." Now if you have a cat, you know that he is right--their little butts do look pretty chapped. And, frankly, Jack didn't seem to mind.

And the only question to really ask at that point was whether it was the FIRST time Eli had done that to the cat's behind or the hundredth. And THAT is my favorite Mother's Day moment ever because it reminds us that no matter how hard we try to civilize these glorious little creatures, there will always be that day when you realize they've been using your chap stick on the cat's butt.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!!!
Hugs!!!

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Happy Mother's Day.......a little early   Fri May 11, 2007 9:36 am

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's here. Thank you for all you do. I know even though I am almost 25 not having my mom would be hard for me. She is not only my mom, but my best friend. So to all the moms thank you for loving your kids and being who you are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Happy Mother's Day.......a little early   Fri May 11, 2007 9:47 am

happy earily mother's day...rats i need to buy my mother something.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13378
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Mother's Day.......a little early   Fri May 11, 2007 11:09 am

Hope all you moms are spoiled rotten on Sunday!! This is what I'm expecting from my hubby and boys this weekend: :adore: ....and yes, I said weekend! grinsmiley

Happy Mother's Day! :cheers16:

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5987

PostSubject: Re: Happy Mother's Day.......a little early   Fri May 11, 2007 6:29 pm

Happy Mother's Day!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady

Number of posts : 2750

PostSubject: Re: Happy Mother's Day.......a little early   Sat May 12, 2007 1:33 am

Cute story.Happy Mother's Day! :)

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MattLabMyLove
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan

Number of posts : 4810
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Mother's Day.......a little early   Sat May 12, 2007 5:24 pm

Happy Mother's Day to all the Prairie Ma's!

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Mother's Day.......a little early   Sat May 12, 2007 5:25 pm

Happy Mothers Day!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lily
"Beautiful Life"

Number of posts : 6784
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Mother's Day.......a little early   Sat May 12, 2007 10:13 pm

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies here!!!

SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com SmileyCentral.com

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow

Number of posts : 2649
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Mother's Day.......a little early   Wed May 16, 2007 2:06 am

Sorry I'm late. Hope all you mothers had a good one!

For some reason, that doesn't sound right.... :think:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52511
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Mother's Day.......a little early   Wed May 16, 2007 6:30 am

Larry, I didn't even know you were a rap fan. Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19958
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Happy Mother's Day.......a little early   Wed May 16, 2007 7:50 am

OH MY GOSH!!!! BEHAVE YOU TWO!!! :Hahaha:

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Happy Mother's Day.......a little early   Wed May 16, 2007 4:56 pm

I hope all the mothers had a wonderful day.

Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: Happy Mother's Day.......a little early   Fri May 18, 2007 9:04 am

I hope all the mothers had a fantastic mothersday!! Cheer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brenda_m
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler

Number of posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: Happy Mother's Day.......a little early   Mon May 21, 2007 11:10 pm

Happy Belated Mother`s Day! Hope you all had a Great Day!

Matt Mate,Dean`s Diva
Get your own Virtual Horse or Pony athttp://www.howrse.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Happy Mother's Day.......a little early   Today at 5:05 pm

Back to top Go down

Happy Mother's Day.......a little early
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1