HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Modeling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Modeling   Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:07 pm

I have a chance to get into a modeling pageant. I am so excited! Going to make a decision this week. Prayers needed because if I do go along with this I will need sponsors to help me provide $495 dollars, $200 and something within 2 weeks, and the rest in the next 2 weeks. I would have an interview Feb. 23rd and the pageant would be March 25th, so please pray for my family and I to make the right decision. = )


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties


Number of posts : 3822
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:47 pm

Smile


Last edited by Debbie on Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 3349
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:07 pm

Julia, What kind of modeling will you be doing?




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Exciting, Julia! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:30 pm

At the moment it is just a modeling pageant, but I hope this will allow me to go far. I have always wanted to model. We've decided to go along and do this. We are just praying for the $495 now which comes by people who want to sponsor you so you can do the pageant.
http://2012missteen.com/
Read the About section. Wonderful.


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:45 pm

I could also go to the nationals if I won.


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:54 pm

wow.Good luck.


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:04 am

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
wow.Good luck.
Thank you Krissy!


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:17 am

We also do not know if I will have to buy a formal dress. Praying that they provide that.


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 2916
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:39 am

Wow! That's exciting, Julia!!!!


Leaves Leaves
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:22 am

yw. Thumbsup


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:40 am

MissYoungClassic wrote:
We also do not know if I will have to buy a formal dress. Praying that they provide that.

Is it possible to rent them up in the States?


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!


Number of posts : 52511
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:18 pm

Yeah... but I'm sorry, Alex, you have to live here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 3349
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:49 pm

Wow. kids modeling starting @ age 7. When, my sister was 12-14. I wanted do modeling. They told me, I was too young. I was like between 9-11 years old. I was so mad. This was in the 80's. I see they change it, over the years.


I'll pray that you get the money you want in time.




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 5178
Location : Buenos Aires, Argentina
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:47 pm

Good luck, Julia. Smile I don't know if I approve modeling; I should said rather no, but everyone must do His/her personal way .

Vanesa.


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:56 am

Hi! Here's an update.

I decided not to go with this agency. But I still want to pursue this career for a purpose. After HOURS of searching all these agencies (which 95% want model 5"8 or taller, and with me being 5"1 that ain't gonna happen), I remembered my childhood friend had done modeling for a while, so I contacted her. She told me of her wonderful experiance thru this Christian modeling company who isn't even an agency. It is a 7 month training experiance. Here is the site on the video section page of the site. http://www.purefashion.com/experience
I do believe that perhaps what I orginally was going to go with is a stepping stone of what was to come. Please look over the website. Amazing huh? It's absolutely what I am all for and the message I want to send to young girls all over the world. They accept you as you are, height, weight, looks and all.


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:12 am

oh wow.sounds great.


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:05 pm

I know right!


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker


Number of posts : 8656
Location : California Country
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:58 pm

Debbie wrote:
I really don't think this is something that deserves to be in the prayer request section. (I'm sorry in advance for saying this, as I know I will get negative responses for my reply)

Yeah, I don't think God will answer prayers that have to do with modeling ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Thumbsup


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


Last edited by sweetkrissy2011 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 3349
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:24 pm

MissYoungClassic wrote:
Hi! Here's an update.

I decided not to go with this agency. But I still want to pursue this career for a purpose. After HOURS of searching all these agencies (which 95% want model 5"8 or taller, and with me being 5"1 that ain't gonna happen), I remembered my childhood friend had done modeling for a while, so I contacted her. She told me of her wonderful experiance thru this Christian modeling company who isn't even an agency. It is a 7 month training experiance. Here is the site on the video section page of the site. http://www.purefashion.com/experience
I do believe that perhaps what I orginally was going to go with is a stepping stone of what was to come. Please look over the website. Amazing huh? It's absolutely what I am all for and the message I want to send to young girls all over the world. They accept you as you are, height, weight, looks and all.



That's good it's a Christian modeling. Some of your secular modeling. when reach 18 & over. Wants you do semi nudity/nudity. I'll check out the site.




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Buttercup wrote:
MissYoungClassic wrote:
Hi! Here's an update.

I decided not to go with this agency. But I still want to pursue this career for a purpose. After HOURS of searching all these agencies (which 95% want model 5"8 or taller, and with me being 5"1 that ain't gonna happen), I remembered my childhood friend had done modeling for a while, so I contacted her. She told me of her wonderful experiance thru this Christian modeling company who isn't even an agency. It is a 7 month training experiance. Here is the site on the video section page of the site. http://www.purefashion.com/experience
I do believe that perhaps what I orginally was going to go with is a stepping stone of what was to come. Please look over the website. Amazing huh? It's absolutely what I am all for and the message I want to send to young girls all over the world. They accept you as you are, height, weight, looks and all.



That's good it's a Christian modeling. Some of your secular modeling. when reach 18 & over. Wants you do semi nudity/nudity. I'll check out the site.

Exactly, and I refuse to do that. That would be lowering my standards and self worth.


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 1872
Location : Georgia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Carol wrote:
Debbie wrote:
I really don't think this is something that deserves to be in the prayer request section. (I'm sorry in advance for saying this, as I know I will get negative responses for my reply)

Yeah, I don't think God will answer prayers that have to do with modeling ...

I talk to God about any and everything. I pray to Him about everything because He cares about every aspect of my life. He always will answer them whether it's a "yes", "no", or "in time".


"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  


Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:48 pm

Carol wrote:
Debbie wrote:
I really don't think this is something that deserves to be in the prayer request section. (I'm sorry in advance for saying this, as I know I will get negative responses for my reply)

Yeah, I don't think God will answer prayers that have to do with modeling ...

That's a bit tough.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37837
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Good luck.hope it works out for you.


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Modeling   Today at 5:04 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Modeling
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Pictures to inspire, modeling skills to envy...
» 3-D TARDIS Model Kit book review wanted
» How to 'revive' old dry GW paintings
» In Search of Water Effects Advice
» Modelling books that helps modellers

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: