Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Valentines Day!!!!

Go down 
+10
littlehousefan200
pamh36
Honeybee
alexczarn
HarrisonCrosby4387
Julia
ChristineLovesLHOTP
Amy
Joe
Krissy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Valentines Day!!!! Headac10

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:20 pm

What do you think of this day? I don't really consider this a real hoilday. I mean it's cuite & all. I just think people should show people love all year around.Not just Valentines day.It's pretty much just a day card & candy companies make money,

What are you doing this day?

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Valentines Day!!!! Innoce10

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:25 pm

Goodpost

I don't have any plans for Valentines Day. I think I'm just going to buy myself a heart shaped box of chocolates and see how fast I can eat them.

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Valentines Day!!!! Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Joe wrote:
Goodpost

I don't have any plans for Valentines Day. I think I'm just going to buy myself a heart shaped box of chocolates and see how fast I can eat them.

sounds good.Don't forget the chick movie. Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Valentines Day!!!! Love-s10

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:20 pm

I would agree with you when it comes to Sweetest Day....now that is a Hallmark holiday.

But Valentine's Day really is a valid holiday and beautiful tradition. This is a really neat article that goes in depth:

http://www.theholidayspot.com/valentine/history_of_valentine.htm

Here are a couple of little tidbits:

According to the Catholic Encyclopedia, there were at least three early Christian saints by the name of Valentine. While one was a priest in Rome, another was a bishop in Terni. Nothing is known about the third St. Valentine except that he met his end in Africa. Surprisingly, all three of them were said to have been martyred on 14th February.

And this:

But it was only during the 14th century that St. Valentine's Day became definitively associated with love. UCLA medieval scholar Henry Ansgar Kelly, author of "Chaucer and the Cult of Saint Valentine", credits Chaucer as the one who first linked St. Valentine's Day with romance. In medieval France and England it was believed that birds mated on February 14. Hence, Chaucer used the image of birds as the symbol of lovers in poems dedicated to the day. In Chaucer's "The Parliament of Fowls," the royal engagement, the mating season of birds, and St. Valentine's Day are related:

"For this was on St. Valentine's Day, When every fowl cometh there to choose his mate."

Love

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:22 pm

never heard of that."sweetestday"

Wow.Thanks.Never knew all that.How instersting.

Back to top Go down
ChristineLovesLHOTP
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
ChristineLovesLHOTP

Number of posts : 227
Mood : Valentines Day!!!! Goodsi10

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:50 pm

My husband and I went out to an early Valentines Day lunch today. loveheart
He is so sweet and saved up extra money he made from snowplowing and went shopping for me today......
I love red roses and of all things jelly bellies......no chocolate.

I usually buy him chocolate and make him his favorite meal and favorite dessert of chocolate cake with chocolate frosting

“I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.”
― Laura Ingalls Wilder
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Valentines Day!!!! Cloud910

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySat Feb 11, 2012 11:52 pm

I'm going to my youth groups Valentine's Day Party. (Mind you, I am wearing my "single and fabulous" shirt because I am not interested in dating and I do not want anyone to get any funny ideas with it being Valentine's Day. Lol!

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Valentines Day!!!! JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Valentines Day!!!! Happy011

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:23 am

Never liked this holiday.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Valentines Day!!!! Happy010

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 12:44 am

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
What do you think of this day? I don't really consider this a real hoilday. I mean it's cuite & all. I just think people should show people love all year around.Not just Valentines day.It's pretty much just a day card & candy companies make money,

I very much agree with you Krissy.

MissYoungClassic wrote:
(Mind you, I am wearing my "single and fabulous" shirt because I am not interested in dating and I do not want anyone to get any funny ideas with it being Valentine's Day. Lol!)

Haha! greenS

Valentines Day!!!! Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Valentines Day!!!! Bokmal10

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 1:24 am

I don't need no man. To celebrate Valentine's Day. I got my family & friends on here to love.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 9:42 am

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
never heard of that."sweetestday".

It's sometime in October, at least here in the States. I think the 16th maybe? But yeah, a made up Hallmark holiday.

ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:
He is so sweet and saved up extra money he made from snowplowing and went shopping for me today......

I usually buy him chocolate and make him his favorite meal and favorite dessert of chocolate cake with chocolate frosting

Aw, how nice! Love

MissYoungClassic wrote:
I'm going to my youth groups Valentine's Day Party. (Mind you, I am wearing my "single and fabulous" shirt because I am not interested in dating and I do not want anyone to get any funny ideas with it being Valentine's Day. Lol!

Good for you, Julia! Thumbsup

MattLabMyLove wrote:
Never liked this holiday.

Aw, Beckie. Blue

Buttercup wrote:
I don't need no man. To celebrate Valentine's Day. I got my family & friends on here to love.

That's the spirit! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 10:16 am

I've always gotten a little something for the kids on Valentine's day, but my husband and I never do anything special for it. Who needs a special day on the calendar to celebrate their love for one another? That can be any day.

Valentines Day!!!! PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:20 pm

ChristineLovesLHOTP wrote:

how sweet Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:21 pm

pamh36 wrote:
I've always gotten a little something for the kids on Valentine's day, but my husband and I never do anything special for it. Who needs a special day on the calendar to celebrate their love for one another? That can be any day.

sweeet. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:21 pm

alexczarn wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:

I very much agree with you Krissy.

MissYoungClassic wrote:
(Mind you, I am wearing my "single and fabulous" shirt because I am not interested in dating and I do not want anyone to get any funny ideas with it being Valentine's Day. Lol!)

Haha! greenS

Thumbsup Thanks

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Smile
Buttercup wrote:

awesome Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:23 pm

[quote="Amy"]
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
never heard of that."sweetestday".

It's sometime in October, at least here in the States. I think the 16th maybe? But yeah, a made up Hallmark holiday.

i guess its just a american thing.

Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : Valentines Day!!!! Confus10

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 3:36 pm

I've never heard of Sweetest Day, either. Valentine's Day is okay, it's not my favorite holiday by far, though.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 4:37 pm

is Sweetest Day day a nice day?

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:00 pm

pamh36 wrote:

Same here Pam....I always give the boys something little, and my hubby & I only exchange Valentine's cards to recognize the holiday. I love getting romantic cards! Love
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Valentines Day!!!! Bokmal10

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Sweetest Day is America Holiday. I think we have more Holidays than our countries. Some of the Holidays are stupid. Like Groundhog Day. What's so special groundhog day? To me, it's pointless. If, he saw his shadow or not. We still have wait for spring. Sometimes in the spring, it's still cold outside.

Here's the list of Holidays just in United States

* 1 January – New Year's Day
* 16 January – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (3rd Monday of January, traditionally 15 Jan.)
* 25 January 2012 - No Name Calling Day
* 28 January 2012 - SMAS Awareness Day
* 2 February – Groundhog Day
* 12 February – Lincoln's Birthday
* 14 February – Valentine's Day
* 20 February – Presidents Day (officially George Washington's Birthday; 3rd Monday of February, traditionally 22 Feb.)
* 21 February – Fat Tuesday (always the day before Lent starts)
* 22 February – Ash Wednesday (Christian; movable; First day of the 40-day Lent Season – ending Palm Sunday)
* 11 March – Rome's birthday
* 17 March – St. Patrick's Day (Originating in Ireland)
* 20 March 2010 – Vernal Equinox (based on sun)
* 1 April – Palm Sunday (Christian; Sunday before Easter)
* 29 March 2010 – First day of Passover (Jewish; movable based on Jewish calendar)
* 30 March – National Doctors' Day (always on 30 March)
* 1 April – April Fools' Day
* 6 April – Good Friday (Christian; Friday before Easter)
* 8 April – Easter Sunday (Christian; movable; Sunday after first full moon during spring)
* 9 April – Easter Monday (Christian; Monday after Easter)
* 6 April 2010 – Last Day of Passover (Jewish; moveable, based on Jewish Calendar)
* 16 April – Patriots' Day/Marathon Monday (New England and Wisconsin only)(3rd Monday of April)
* 22 April – Earth Day
* 27 April – Arbor Day (last Friday of April)

* 3 May – National Day of Prayer (United States Congress, when people are asked "to turn to God in prayer and meditation". 1st Thursday of May)
* 13 May – Mother's Day (2nd Sunday of May)
* 15 May – Armed Forces Day (3rd Saturday in May)
* 27 May – Pentecost Sunday (Christian; 49 days after Easter)
* 28 May – Memorial Day (last Monday of May, traditionally 30 May)
* 14 June – Flag Day
* 17 June – Father's Day (3rd Sunday of June)
* 21 June 2010 – Summer Solstice (based on sun)
* 4 July – Independence Day
* 3 September – Labor Day (first Monday of September)
* 8 September 2010 – Rosh Hashanah (Jewish; moveable, based on Jewish calendar)
* 11 September – Patriot Day
* 17 September – Constitution Day – Celebration of the ratification of the Constitution of the United States.
* 17 September 2010 – Yom Kippur (Jewish, moveable, 9 days after first day of Rosh Hashanah)
* 22 September 2010 – First day of Sukkot (Jewish; moveable, 14 days after Rosh Hashanaah)
* 23 September 2010 – Autumnal equinox (based on sun)
* 29 September 2010 – Last Day of Sukkot (Jewish)
* 30 September 2010 – Simchat Torah (Jewish; moveable, 22 days after Rosh Hashanah)
* 8 October – Columbus Day (2nd Monday of October, traditionally 12 Oct.)
* 31 October – Halloween
* 1 November – All Saints Day (Christian)
* 11 November – Veterans Day
* 22 November – Thanksgiving (4th Thursday of November)
* 1 December 2010 – First day of Hanukkah (Jewish; moveable, based on Jewish calendar)
* 7 December – Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day
* 9 December 2010 – Last day of Hanukkah (Jewish; moveable, based on Jewish Calendar)
* 21 December 2010 – Winter Solstice (based on sun)

* 25 December – Christmas Day (Christian)
* 26 December – First day of Kwanzaa (Kwanzaa is celebrated until 1 January)
* 31 December – New Year's Eve

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:01 pm

oh wow.you got a few different ones

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Well, not all of those holidays are just celebrated in the U.S. I'm pretty sure other countries have Christmas, Easter and New Year's Eve. Valentines Day!!!! 702150
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Well,Yes.Of course i know. Smile

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Valentines Day!!!! Vil-heureux
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Valentines Day!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Valentines Day!!!!   Valentines Day!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Valentines Day!!!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: