Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Art Prize revisited

Go down 
+12
bethandmanly
pamh36
alexczarn
Krissy
littlehousefan200
Gin
Amy
Rhonda
Honeybee
Teresa
Rob
Savannah
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Art Prize revisited Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : Art Prize revisited Happy010

Art Prize revisited Empty
PostSubject: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:53 pm

Last year around this time I entered a local art competition whose main objective was to raise money for the American Cancer Society. It was a wonderful experience, and I have lovely memories of it! Well, they're making it an annual event, so I'm going to enter again, and I'm so excited! I honestly don't care if I don't win (I didn't win it last year), it's just a fun experience, and is an opportunity to be a part of raising money for a very good cause. Art Prize revisited 25973 SO. . . this year I'm going to enter a piece that is very close to my heart. The Vigil:

Art Prize revisited 20bb_c11

And I JUST found a frame to put her in!:

Art Prize revisited Framed10

Thursday is when they want me to have the piece there. (Please pray that the event will be a big success for the ACS! It's such a worthy cause!)

Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : Art Prize revisited Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 2:57 pm

Great news! I love this drawing. It's especially heart-touching when you know the story behind it. Art Prize revisited 18022

Lovely frame!
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 3:03 pm

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Savannah!! What a beautiful piece of work. And right down to the tiniest of details. I love those cute little fingernails. I wish you the best of luck!!

Art Prize revisited TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Art Prize revisited Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 3:11 pm

Such a beautiful artwork Savannah. good luck in your contest.

wootwoot

Last edited by Buttercup on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : Art Prize revisited Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 3:12 pm

Such a great picture to enter and what a great cause......good luck! Thumbsup

Art Prize revisited Rhonda10Art Prize revisited Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 3:54 pm

Thank you all! I'm really looking forward to this. Last year the competition raised nearly $1,000 for the ACS, and I'd love to see it do even better this year!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Art Prize revisited Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:08 pm

So excited that you've decided to enter again! And I love what you chose too! Such a beautiful drawing, and I know how much it means to you. The frame is exquisite!! It really compliments the piece well.

Is this in Grand Rapids again, same place? Maybe I can go this year! Art Prize revisited 39447
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:22 pm

It looks awesome. I love to see them framed! Make sure you put a short version of its story beside the drawing. It just adds so much more to it. Again, its one of my favorites! GOOD LUCK! Wish I could go with you just to YELL when you win!

Art Prize revisited Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Amy wrote:
So excited that you've decided to enter again! And I love what you chose too! Such a beautiful drawing, and I know how much it means to you. The frame is exquisite!! It really compliments the piece well.

Is this in Grand Rapids again, same place? Maybe I can go this year! Art Prize revisited 39447

Art Prize revisited 410460 Thank you, Amy! This is actually the Green Acres Art Prize that you visited last year. Art Prize revisited 185146 I almost missed out on it this year!

Gin wrote:
It looks awesome. I love to see them framed! Make sure you put a short version of its story beside the drawing. It just adds so much more to it. Again, its one of my favorites! GOOD LUCK! Wish I could go with you just to YELL when you win!

Oh, thank you, Gin! Art Prize revisited 6472
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Gin, I meant to tell you - the contest does allow for descriptive cards to be placed with the piece, so I've been working on one. Thank you for the suggestion. Art Prize revisited 811339
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 5:51 pm

Super! Thats good that they allow that. Every drawing has a story !

Art Prize revisited Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : Art Prize revisited Confus10

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Beautiful drawing, Savannah! Applause Thumbsup I hope that the contest gets higher than it's goal for the ACS and good luck! Smile
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Art Prize revisited Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 8:03 pm

it's pretty.Good luck.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 8:17 pm

Savannah wrote:
Amy wrote:

Art Prize revisited 410460 Thank you, Amy! This is actually the Green Acres Art Prize that you visited last year. Art Prize revisited 185146 I almost missed out on it this year!

Oh my goodness, really?! I am SO there!! (Well, that is, if you want me? Art Prize revisited 2952 ). You'll have to keep me posted on the dates...

Savannah wrote:

Gin wrote:
Make sure you put a short version of its story beside the drawing. It just adds so much more to it.

Oh, thank you, Gin! Art Prize revisited 6472

Oh, what a GREAT idea! As Rob was saying too, knowing the story behind it really lends itself even more to the inner beauty of the drawing. Art Prize revisited 185146
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 9:53 pm

Amy wrote:

Oh my goodness, really?! I am SO there!! (Well, that is, if you want me? Art Prize revisited 2952 ). You'll have to keep me posted on the dates...

If I want you to! Of course I'd love to have you there!! One of my favorite memories of last year's Art Prize was meeting you! Art Prize revisited 6472
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 14, 2012 11:29 pm

Awww that is beautiful!!!

Art Prize revisited Alexke11
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 2:58 pm

The drawing is just beautiful, and you found the perfect frame. I have no doubt you will do well. What a wonderful cause. Near and dear to my heart.

Art Prize revisited PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 5:35 pm

I love this drawing. The dark frame is a nice contrast.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Alice
On The African Savanna
On The African Savanna
Alice

Number of posts : 10766

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyWed Feb 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Good luck, Savannah. It's a beautiful drawing.

Spring is finally here, the lovely pink blooms on the "spray" tree outside my window are gone leaving a beautiful willow.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:50 pm

Good luck, Savannah!

Art Prize revisited Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Rob wrote:
Great news! I love this drawing. It's especially heart-touching when you know the story behind it. Art Prize revisited 18022

Lovely frame!

Exactly...and I love the frame. But I hope you could win, Savannah! Smiley Hug

Vanesa.

Art Prize revisited Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:22 pm

Art Prize revisited 410460 Thanks again for all of the encouragement, everyone! The contest ended yesterday, and I didn't win - BUT I was told that a large amount of money was raised for the American Cancer Society, and that's what counts.

I have to admit that I was disappointed in the piece that won. I think you'll understand when I show it to you. There were several pieces there that I admired and would have cheered for had they won . . . but this one. . . This one has me puzzled even yet.
Art Prize revisited 440956

If you want to see the winner, click the spoiler:

Spoiler:

Art Prize revisited 68167 It's the tall pink one. So there y'have it, folks! Art Prize revisited 440956
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21124
Mood : Art Prize revisited Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:40 pm

Pink for Cancer......guess you should've put your picture in a pink frame....this isn't even art.....Well....glad lots of money was raised, but wish you could've walked away with the prize.... No

Art Prize revisited Rhonda10Art Prize revisited Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : Art Prize revisited Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 2:51 pm

Well, you already know how I feel about this, Savannah. Once again, weirdness trumps talent. If I was the person who created this "work," I would title it You're Kidding.

Le Artiste: "See my sculpture? This won Art Prize."
Art Lover: "You're kidding."
Le Artiste: "Yeah, that's the one."

Art Prize revisited 335724
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 3:27 pm

Art Prize revisited 25973 Thank you, Rhonda! I don't know if the pink had any connection with it winning or not - there were other pink things there. (Things that really were artistic.) So, I don't think the color is the reason it won. Though, I could be wrong. I'm just kind of clueless about how it won. Art Prize revisited 135245

Art Prize revisited 410460
Thank you, Rob! I appreciate that. If someone had taken a picture of me when the woman showed me the winning piece, I'm sure I would have had a "You're kidding!" look on my face. Art Prize revisited 702150
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Art Prize revisited   Art Prize revisited Empty

Back to top Go down

Art Prize revisited
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: