Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our dog

Go down 
+12
Amy
Rhonda
Alice
Teresa
bethandmanly
Krissy
Honeybee
Savannah
Carol
Gin
Rob
pamh36
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Our dog - Page 2 Purple2

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 10:15 pm

Smiley Hug

Our dog - Page 2 Rhonda10Our dog - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Our dog - Page 2 Headac10

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 17, 2012 11:15 pm

Blue Smiley Hug

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Our dog - Page 2 Love-s10

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 18, 2012 1:29 pm

pamh36 wrote:
Thanks to all of you for your support. It has helped more than you know. Today was really tough. It was my first experience taking a pet to the vet to be put to sleep. I knew it would be hard, and it was harder than I imagined. But, I was glad to be there for her because she was always there for us. I feeling like she must be outside and I need to let her in. Blue

Pam, I am so sorry for your loss. I remember that feeling well, of needing to go to the back door to let the dog in. Blue So many responsibilites we have, and we don't even realize it until they're gone. No I remember with Dugan, he used to circle our bed from side to side and kind of 'tuck' us in, before he would go lie down to sleep in his bed. I missed that for quite some time after. bawling

Take comfort in the memories you shared with Carol. You gave her 13 beautiful years.

(((HUGS)))
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 4:24 pm

Sorry to hear about your dog, Pam.

Our dog - Page 2 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 10:55 pm

Thanks to all of you. She is greatly missed. I dropped Kelsey off at a friends house today who had a 7 month old German Shephard, that I swear, looked exactly like Carol at that age. I couldn't stop staring at her. But, it was somehow comforting too to see a young dog like that so full of life. Brought back some good memories.

Our dog - Page 2 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 8:48 am

Nothing like a bouncing puppy to make you smile. This just means that when you are ready there will be another one out there that will need your good home. HUGS!

Our dog - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:21 pm

That is so true, Gin. Smile

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Our dog - Page 2 Bokmal10

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:47 pm

pamh36 wrote:
Thanks to all of you. She is greatly missed. I dropped Kelsey off at a friends house today who had a 7 month old German Shephard, that I swear, looked exactly like Carol at that age. I couldn't stop staring at her. But, it was somehow comforting too to see a young dog like that so full of life. Brought back some good memories.

That's the better way of making your heart warm again after a goodbye of a good friend like your dog was...Hope you could have a new dog in no time. Smiley Hug

Vanesa.

Our dog - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 8:25 pm

I agree getting a new dog when your read is a good idea

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 9:05 am

We are actually looking into adopting a dog. We've got a lot of love to give, and we figure everyone wants the cute little puppy. We want to give a dog a chance to have a forever home who may have difficulty being placed. We are looking into adopting a 2 year old boxer who has only 3 legs. When it was found, the leg was shattered (they think it may have been hit by a car), and the leg had to be amputated. The description says that hasn't slowed the dog down. It sounds very playful and loving, and most important, it gets along with cats. We have 2.

Tim and Kelsey are going to a meet and greet to look at some other dogs today from a shelter. And, we are going to another one tomorrow. The sad thing is, there are so many pitbulls. Our city won't allow us to have pit bulls, and I have a feeling that many other cities have a similar ordinance in place because these animal rescue shelters have so many of them. They are actually a very loving dog, with a bad reputation given to them because of people mistreating them. We'll see how it all goes. Maybe the right dog will find us.

Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Our dog - Page 2 Purple2

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 2:11 pm

Aww Pam, they say if more people did the rescue adoptions it would help with SO many animals finding good homes! I hope it all works out and the love is shared by all! GOOD LUCK!!! Thumbsup

Our dog - Page 2 Rhonda10Our dog - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 2:21 pm

I think it's a wounderful idea to adopt a pet. Thumbsup

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:05 am

My heart melts reading about this poor little boxer without a leg. If you can adop him,please do it. This kind of animals are the ones who needs a home the more. Since they are not "perfect" most people wouldn't want them , but they needs love and a family like any other animal in the world. Love loveheart

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 12:18 am

How did the shelter search go today, Pam? Also, check petfinder.com...that's a great resource because you might find a dog in a surrounding area. Boxers are wonderful dogs...I'll be interested to hear how that meeting went. One nice thing for you is that your kids are older...we have had a couple of problems with shelter dogs over the years, because of their 'history', not being good with children. So I've been more interested in getting puppies not for the 'cuteness factor', but because they can be socialized with children. It's great that you don't have to worry about that and can help and older dog! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : Our dog - Page 2 Cloud910

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 2:00 am

I am so sorry Mrs. Pam. No I know exactly what you are going thru when it comes to losing an animal. It hurts so painfully. I will pray for you and your family's hard loss. My Mother had to put down her horse and she had a plaque made for her to put over the fireplace in her memory. It is beautiful.

I love your idea of adopting a dog!Our dog - Page 2 185146 I went to Pet'sMart today and was amazed at all the beautiful dogs up for adoption. Some are the sweetest little things ever. mY heart goes out to them. I am not sure if you have this in your state or if it is just located in Georgia, but "For Paws" is a great place to adopt. I am actually going to be volunteering for them soon to take care of the animals.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Our dog - Page 2 JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:21 am

Kelsey and Tim didn't end up going to the meet and greet yesterday because Tim called first, since the place they were holding it is a bit of a drive, and there was only 1 dog left. And, there was someone there who was interested in adopting it. That is such good news for the dogs. It is nice to know that the meet and greets are so successful.

Some of these dogs have such sad stories, it is hard to hear about them and not want to help more. Amy, Petfinder is where we have been getting the information about the dogs. It's a great site. It is true though, many of the dogs are not recommended to be in a home with young children, but there are also several that are, since they are still young pups. Kelsey was finding a lot of dogs that were rescued from hoarders homes. One dog was born blind because of the terrible conditions it was born in, and of course, the mom was not healthy. So sad.

We haven't been able to start filling out the paperwork for adoption on the boxer, Margie, because the woman in charge of runnning the rescue is out of town and isn't able to get to a computer to email the form. At least we know she is still available. And, we'll see what happens at the meet and greet today.

Julia, Tim wants to make a little "memorial" for our dog, like your mom had the plague made. Just something special to remember her by.

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:36 am

This is a link to Margie: Margie

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 7:02 pm

We still haven't heard anything back about Margie.

We did go to two meet and greets today and met two adorable dogs. One is named Buddy and is an American Bulldog mix. Kind of small. He was quiet today, despite many of the other dogs barking. It sure was noisy in there. He came up to Kelsey and laid hid head on Kelsey's knee. His foster dad said he never saw him act like that, but he is with several other dogs at his foster home, so he doesn't get as much one on one attention. His foster dog says he is playful. I fell in love with the little guy. He may come by for a home visit tomorrow. The funny thing is that we drove a few cities over to see him, and his foster dad lives in a city that literally neighbors ours. Too funny. Buddy

The other dog is named Petey. Petey was in a shelter for 5 months and was just about ready to be put down, when the rescue shelter stepped in. He is only a couple years old and so full of life, it is hard to think he was almost not here. He has been witth his foster family for a couple weeks and they said they fell in love with him already. A really nice couple. They mentioned that he was mostly American Bulldog, but on his page he is listed as an American Staffordshire Terrior. We'll have to see how that goes because we recently applied for an American Staffordshire terrier with that shelter and they denied us saying that our city does not allow pit bulls (the UKC considers these kinds of dogs pit bulls). We did see other people checking him out, so if it doesn't work out for us. I do think he will find a home soon.

Petey

I know it may seem soon. But, we do feel ready to have another dog. We can never replace Carol, because she was truly one-of-a-kind, but a dog gives a home a certain kind of life. Plus, we are learning you do have to jump through several hoops when going through the adoption process, so it can still be awhile. I am excited though!

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 26, 2012 9:02 pm

My neighbor has shelties she gets from a rescue in Houston. She has had to put three down in about as many years, but always goes within a week to get another one. These animals are waiting and need homes now, so if you are ready then they sure are.

Our dog - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 12:21 am

Gin wrote:
My neighbor has shelties she gets from a rescue in Houston. She has had to put three down in about as many years, but always goes within a week to get another one. These animals are waiting and need homes now, so if you are ready then they sure are.

I sahre your opinion, Gin. Smile

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 9:50 am

Thank you. We really do feel ready. The only problem is, I wanted to take at least half of those dogs home. Laughing I really commend the foster families. I feel like I would get so attached to the dogs that it would be hard to let them go when their new family was found. But, what a good feeling too. It certainly takes a special person.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Our dog - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Our dog   Our dog - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Our dog
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Walnut Grove Community :: Prairie Voices: Advice & Prayer Requests-
Jump to: