Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where Are They Now?

Go down 
+17
Praire Girl
littlehouselover
Prairie Dweller
LHOTP-boy
Davetucson
Ruth
Shell
kermitfan
Krissy
Debbie
Gin
Joe
Juliane
Savannah
Lori
Vanesa
Rhonda
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LHOTP-boy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHOTP-boy

Number of posts : 9
Mood : Where Are They Now? - Page 2 Happy010

Where Are They Now? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 25, 2012 8:51 am

It can't ... it just can't be Jonathan Gilbert ...

Where Are They Now? - Page 2 JbiQBZGSdsNcN3
[wow]test[/wow]
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 1:23 pm

According to a report from 2005 Jonathan Gilbert works at a theatre in Newport Beach, California.

Where Are They Now? - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Where Are They Now? - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 3:56 pm

This was the info from imdb.com.........I don't think anyone really has any recent or accurate information. I would imagine Jonathan just wants to be left alone..... scratchead

Date of Birth
10 July 1968, USA

Grandson of Harry Crane.

Adopted son of Paul Gilbert and Barbara Cowan.

Younger adopted brother of Melissa Gilbert.

Younger stepbrother of Claudia Cowan.

Stepson of Warren Cowan.

Older adopted brother of Sara Gilbert.

After leaving acting, Jonathan earned his BA from Hamilton College and an MBA in Finance from the Zicklin School of Business at Baruch College.
Where Are They Now

(June 2003) Is a stockbroker.

Where Are They Now? - Page 2 Rhonda10Where Are They Now? - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Where Are They Now? - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Jonathon   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 4:06 pm

.........I don't think anyone really has any recent or accurate information. I would imagine Jonathan just wants to be left alone

Rhonda, you are oh so correct!

Dave
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 31, 2012 11:26 am

I would agree! I know I would want to be left alone!

The info I found was from a transcript from a cast meeting in 2005. Also the trivia/A-Z book that came with the ninth season mentions that Jonathan does theatre work now.

Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Okay, I just got back from my trip to De Smet and Walnut Grove. Alison Arngram was at Walnut Grove and did some Q&A sessions. I asked her what Jonathan Gilbert was up to these days.

Paraphrasing...
"What is Jonathan Gilbert up to these days. That's a good question! I really don't know! He's really traveled around. He was in South Africa for a while and then ?? and then ??. I wrote to the cast members before I released my book and he actually replied. I was quite shocked! Willie learned how to read and write, and he was a good writer! All I know is that of 2010 he was living in California."

So... we still don't really know what he's up to... but at least it's something. :)

Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Where Are They Now? - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Wink He is stuck in an outhouse, smokin' a stogy and waiting for Nellie to bring him a supply of gumballs.

Where Are They Now? - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 6:11 pm

It sounds like she was being deliberately vague, the stories change even from them, year to year. She didn't say what he wrote, I doubt if he wrote her back, he just said "California" ; ) I just don't think he was a stock broker, if he went to college, there would be records of it, pictures of "him" so to speak, on the web doing those theater/stockbroker jobs don't match, very odd. The stockbroker with the bio on the internet is someone else I guess, no one thinks the grey gentlemen looks anything like him although people change in 30 years. I think they mixed him up with Jonathan from wrong information. I would think the "real" person in the pic would either be upset or think it was funny...wearing a "I'm not Willie Olson" tee shirt.
If there is something wrong or some reason he wants to stay out of the LHOP arena, no guest spots, etc. he should just ask them to tell them he doing okay and working, married/single and likes to be out of the Hollywood fray, unlike his siblings. He was said to be "lost" a few years ago and I'm surprised Jonathan had an address Alison could write too. He's not "famous" so the need to be this quiet is strange.
I can't help but get a bad feeling, no one is ever that invisible but I hope all is well or will be. It's been a long time since he left home.

Last edited by littlehouselover on Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Matt   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 7:42 pm

Juliane wrote:
that's never jonathan gilbert . Yikes There are so many pictures of him in the internet. I think that none of these men is jonathan. He is also younger.
They have also written once Labyorteaux , and then Laborteaux. not a good report banghead Wink

Both spellings are correct.t....he and Pat changed it recently....
He was billed as Laborteaux.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 23, 2012 8:21 pm

I feel it's one of two things, he wants nothing to do for whatever reason (we all have our problems/issues) with his family and past life or he isn't at a place where he feels comfortable having anyone know what happened to him. Since he is only brought up at LHOP meetings, having to answer questions is few and far between.
To be honest, although I never looked at many LHOP sites years ago, it never seemed like anyone mentioned him much in books, remembrances, stories, etc. That might be telling in some way also. Did he attend Micheal's funeral?
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: JONATHON   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 12:19 am

Gin wrote:
Wink He is stuck in an outhouse, smokin' a stogy and waiting for Nellie to bring him a supply of gumballs.

Actually Gin, I talked to a cast member last week, who lives in New York
He knows Jonathon very well!He told me that Jonathon was spotted just last week in Mongolia....
He was milking a goat!
Remember Folks, You Heard it Here!
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:03 am

Quote :
I would think the "real" person in the pic would either be upset or think it was funny...wearing a "I'm not Willie Olson" tee shirt.

That would be funny. Smile
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 6:05 am

Davetucson wrote:
Gin wrote:

He knows Jonathon very well!He told me that Jonathon was spotted just last week in Mongolia....
He was milking a goat!

"Dave's Happenings Paper" All the news that's fit to print...
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Jonathon   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 24, 2012 8:45 am

Gin wrote:

Ah yes, In The Tradition of "Harriet's Happenings"!
"Dave's Happenings Paper" All the news that's fit to print...
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 8:16 pm

This excerpt was in a review of Melissa Gilbert's last book. I know families have quarrels and it must be worse when they are in "show-biz" but her comments on her brother seem cruel.

"Melissa also holds back on talking about her siblings. She continuously says how much her sister Sara (from Roseanne) means to her, how much she makes an impact in her life and yet as far as the memoir goes they never do a single thing together. There are no memories of anything the two did together whatsoever. Sara is simply a name in the book. If you don't already know who Sara Gilbert is, this book will make you no wiser. Her brother, Jonathan, who played Willie Olson on Little House, is barely referred to during those years in the book. I had expected to hear what it was like to work with your brother. Then at some time in the book Gilbert blurts out that she must mention that when he turned 18 he withdrew his money, packed up and left and never came back, the end, and she's fine with that. Huh? I also must mention that the swearing was rather off-putting as well; I'm just not comfortable with swearing in a narrative."

I skimmed her book years ago, not wanting to hear so much about her after LHOP boyfriends and drinking, etc. I guess I missed that part.
Back to top Go down
Juliane
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Juliane

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 5:35 am

Davetucson wrote:
Gin wrote:

He was milking a goat!

you talked to matthew? Wink ROTFL

just a little joke. grinsmiley

I'm not the signature, I'm just the cleaning lady.  Where Are They Now? - Page 2 8
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/120327534732349/
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Jonathon   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 10:42 am

I can't reveal the source Juliane, but I can tell you that when the Jonathon pics start popping up, he gets a big kick out of it!
Where Are They Now? - Page 2 28299510
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 31, 2012 7:09 pm

I always wondered how the "real" guys feel being called Jonathan. Smile
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Jonathon Gilbert Alert!   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 12:40 pm

Jonathon Alert From New York!
Leaving Mongolia, Headed for Tibet

Where Are They Now? - Page 2 Jonath18
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Where Are They Now? - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:37 pm

Who's that riding him?
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Rob, Rob Rob!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 9:27 pm

Was Jonathan the only one that never gave an interview (not now, back then) It seems like almost everyone had a small interview somewhere, but I don't think I've ever seen one.
I can see not doing one after it ended, but that's quite a thing to avoid them during the show.

Victor French might have been another one who was quiet. He died young but wasn't one to do publicity for the shows.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:20 am

Jonathon Gilbert has never given an interview ever.....Then, Now or in between!
Never saw one with Victor regarding Little House................

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 6:27 am

Re Jonathan, that might have been disinterest on his part at the time or the interviewer..he was a regular but probably underrated for what he did as Nellie's brother.

I've only heard Alison mention him as "odd" and things like that, I would have liked to hear what his TV Mom and Dad thought. I've only seen two interviews with Richard Bull and one was with Katherine, good but mostly about their parts and relationship. This one mentions Willie about 7 minutes in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6AoAQnHQa8
He called Jonanthan, "very bright and very intelligent". This interview might have been on a DVD but I only have one so far in the Little House set.
They were also cast very well and I can't imagine anyone else playing them.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 8:51 pm

I liked that interview a lot and loved Richard Bull on LHOP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Where Are They Now? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where Are They Now?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Little House on the Prairie :: LHOTP Series & Cast Members-
Jump to: