Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where Are They Now?

Go down 
+17
Praire Girl
littlehouselover
Prairie Dweller
LHOTP-boy
Davetucson
Ruth
Shell
kermitfan
Krissy
Debbie
Gin
Joe
Juliane
Savannah
Lori
Vanesa
Rhonda
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 Bokmal10

Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:36 am

Wy! Allison Arngrim said that Jonathan Gilbert was "odd"??? Yikes I don't think that's very nice to our Willie!!! HeeHee But yes...Willie Oleson was certainly "odd" too... grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 8:06 am

I never thought of Willie as "odd" just a somewhat fresh and mischievous kid. As Richard Bull said in that interview, he wasn't always to blame for things but the "corner" became his. : )

I think Alison called him odd when he said he didn't rehearse, did things spontaneously which I'm sure was more when he was small and not really an "actor" I thought he seemed to do fine for his role. She might have said it in an overall way too, "He was an odd one" but they all had their quirks.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: Jonathon   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:04 am

I think the cutest thing she said about him was that he never read the whole script because it would ruin it for him when he watched it on TV. They had a funeral scene together and Jonathon looked up at Allison and asked her "Who Died?".
I thought that was really cute. He must have been a Little House fan! bravo
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:18 am

Davetucson wrote:
Jonathon Gilbert has never given an interview ever.....Then, Now or in between!

Is that true? If so, it is oddl Actors are supposed to pimp the shows they appear on.

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:28 am

He was too busy looking at the corsett ads!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 10:44 am

LOL, Dave, I had that thought go through my head too. Smile

The larger actors have to "pimp" if it's part of their contract, I don't think the others do. I remember someone (Alison?) saying Michael liked to know everything they did or went too in regard to the show and I suppose knowing the press, I can see why.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 04, 2012 12:10 pm

I don't think at his age, it was that odd he didn't rehearse or care about the story. He did his scenes, some might have taken all day or morning depending on other factors, I think it's kind of cute he wanted to watch it "fresh".

I feel bad that his rift with his family was that big he didn't want to keep in touch but I think it was professional of him to keep it to himself. I can't imagine what it was like with 2 siblings that were "stars" and all the publicity.
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Jonathan Gilbert   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 3:19 pm

If anyone can find any CURRENT pics of Jonathan Gilbert...please, post it here! I would love to see what he looks like now. Last I heard about him, I think he's a stockbroker...but his sisters don't even talk about him (or have heard from him). I would love to know how he's doing now....and what he looks like!
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Jonathon   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Julie...Take it from one who knows
There are none!

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Kamberley
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kamberley

Number of posts : 628
Mood : Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 9:55 pm

Davetucson wrote:

There are none!
Thumbsup

He has done a wonderful job of falling off the face of the earth
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Maybe you can't find any information on him cause he doesn't want to be found.Maybe afther the show he just want to live a normal life.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:40 pm

That's true, krissy! However, even Matt Lab has has current pics of him shown once in a while. He still looks the same, btw. Just older of course...but the same! Same...darn...smile! lol Ahem...anyway, Alison Arngrim says Matt's still hot! Ooops

I thought Melissa Gilbert would have had a fairly recent pic of Jonathan in her book, but as of that writing, she or her family have not heard from him. That is what I found odd!
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 6:19 am

Well, I only hope, not knowing him at all, he didn't fall on hard times or ashamed of how he looks etc. But this has been since he left and at one point his sister seemed worried about him, but that was many years ago I think.

If he really wants to be left alone and not have fans try to write him or look him up, he's more than welcome to do that. In the Internet era, if someone really wanted to find him, I suppose they could in his family, but I feel there are issues there that are best left alone.

I feel the stockbroker story, etc is not true because the history matches someone else with the same name and history of college/grad school but people say the grey haired gentlemen isn't him. The company wouldn't post a picture of someone else on the Internet. (I would think?)

Well, the LHOP stars do their best to defray questions but the Greenbush twins, MSA and others say they don't know where he is. Alison said he answered a letter she wrote him, surprisingly, but again, I don't know if that was to stop the questions.

It's also notable that unless I missed it, he never gave an interview while on LHOP, so no one really knows how he felt about it. I don't like the cracks by some about him on the set and if Alison was going to write about those things, maybe she should have elaborating more about him in general.
Richard Bull did say some nice things about Jonathan though, he was smart, good little actor, etc. on his youtube interview.
Back to top Go down
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 6:23 pm

Too bad that just couldn't say, he's single/married and lives a very private life and not make things up or say vague references. Or just say he goes to the beat of his own drummer and we aren't in the band. : )
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 8:28 pm

yeah,i guess will never know

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 2:44 pm

Saw this pic today, a new one, probably still not him but at least this one has blue eyes. (others had brown)
http://www.fanphobia.net/profiles/jonathan-gilbert/
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 3:18 pm

I think the one you posted, is close to the one Debbie posted a while back.  I don't think we will ever know where Jonathan is or what he looks like. Some, he looks too young for how old he should be, and others, he looks too old.....  scratchead

Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 Jonathan-gilbert

Debbie wrote:
I recently did a search for Jonathan Gilbert and here is a pic I found.  I don't know if it is really him or not.. (It is definitely different than the pic in the article Rhonda posted)   scratchead

Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 Jonathan-Gilbert-from-little-house-on-the-prairie-today

Here is the link to the site I found it on..  http://www.sowhateverhappenedto.com/2011/02/willie-oleson-from-little-house-on.html

Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 Rhonda10Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 5:28 pm

Maybe with different hair, but he looks younger. There was just something about the smile. ; )
Back to top Go down
MikeInFla
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
MikeInFla

Number of posts : 152

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 18, 2015 12:51 pm

Sorry if this has been posted on the forum before but I am new and have not yet had time to sift thru everything. Fits in this topic for "Where are they now?". I found this interview and found it to be interesting. It is a quick, easy view I suggest you check it out:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where Are They Now?   Jonathan - Where Are They Now? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Where Are They Now?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: Little House on the Prairie :: LHOTP Series & Cast Members-
Jump to: