HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13370
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:24 pm

Lisa wrote:
*gasp* You know I love you, but you're gettin' awful close to the pan, there, missy! [/color]

*gasp* peaceflag HeeHee

(That emoticon is hysterical, btw! laugh3 )

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
I'M not a huge leo fan but i thought he was hot back in the day

I know what you mean....he had such boyish looks back then, and it didn't hurt that Jack was such a loveable character too. loveheart It seemed like it took Leo's looks forever to mature, and I know he hated that. I'll never forget when my dad & I went to see "The Departed" (we both love mafia movies) and Leo starred in it with Jack Nicholson. I couldn't believe that was LEO! He had finally 'grown up'! Laughing (And I have watched him since Growing Pains...I've seen just about everything he's done---he's such an underrated actor. No ).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37800
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:19 am

good.oh ya he sure has grown up Smile loved him in growing pains. grinsmiley

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 3333
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:00 pm

Well, went to Titanic exhibit in Henry Ford Museum. It was crowded. Didn't see the exhibit until 2:45pm. No, they won't let you go in early. We tried that. No picture taken.

I played Esther Hart (Bloomfield) I survived. 45 years old. But, when I search online to read more about her. Some sites said she was 48. When, she was on the ship. I guess the card they give me. They did a typo. Cause according to encyclopedia titanica Esther was born in May 13, 1863. So, that will make her 48 going on 49, in 1912.

My mom played Eva Hart (Esther's daughter) 7 years old. She survived.

My dad played Master Edmond Roger Navratil (Hoffman) 2 years old. He survived. His dad kidnap him & his older brother.

Esther Hart Passenger fact: Throughout the voyage, Esther was troubled by a fear that some kind of catastrope would hit the Ship. To call ship unsinkable was, to her mind, flying in the face of God.

Lil' Webbies Reading Psalm 23
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:32 pm

My friend and her hubby went for their anniversary, on the actual 'sinking anniversary' weekend. She had been to another exhibit years ago (at a different museum) and was disappointed with the Henry Ford exhibit. She did say the staircase was beautiful, but they won't let you take pictures (like you were saying) and the picture they PAID for was horrible quality! You would think they would have hired better photographers, at least! I still would like to go to it with my hubby, but I'm not as excited as I was before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:56 pm

Yeah, I was disappointment as well. I was ready to take pictures. Their like no picture taken. Cellphone must be off. Yeah, it wasn't in good quality. It was sorta good quality. But, it wasn't the best. Cost $8.00 bucks just for post card size. $10.00 for the picture without frame. $14.00 with frame (bigger size) No food or drinks. I can understand that part. But, not the picture part. It was crowded. It's time exhibit. So, once you buy the ticket. Tells the time. That's the time, you go. Wear comfortable shoes. Cause, once you go in the exhibit. Your in there for like 2 hours.

I enjoy the exhibit. But, took forever. cause people will be in line. This was inside the exhibit. The people who worked there. Say, you could move around. But, people just stayed behind other people.

The staircase was beautiful.

Why did your friend didn't like Henry Ford exhibit?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:34 pm

It would have been nice if you could have took pictures.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:35 pm

Buttercup wrote:
Why did your friend didn't like Henry Ford exhibit?

My friend and her hubby are members there and generally love all things there, including the exhibits (I've been to several now myself), but since she had been to another Titanic one elsewhere, and could compare, she felt this one paled in comparison. Not really sure exactly why she felt that way.

Interesting....I'm not sure I'd have the courage to actually take a voyage on this thing, but I wouldn't mind touring it on land! Wink

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/australian-billionaire-plans-build-titanic-ii-064606594.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52440
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:49 pm

I read about that! Cool!

Here's a question for the Titanic buffs. On last night's Simpsons, the family went on a cruise ship. Bart misbehaved in a big way (imagine that! ), and the crew ended up dropping the Simpsons off on a passing iceberg.

That got me wondering. When it was clear that the Titanic was going to sink (and they knew not long after the collision), did they ever consider limping back to the iceberg and putting some of the passengers off on it - use it like a big lifeboat - until help arrived? Seems like that's the least that berg could've done, the big jerk.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6

Number of posts : 2526
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:20 pm

Rob, next time you are on a cruise ship and see an iceberg, ask them to drop you off and see how long you can survive on a hill of pure ice. They aren't very big on top and wouldn't hold many people. Everyone would be clinging to each other and slipping off. The biggest part of the iceberg is under the water and I'm sure you wouldn't want to wait there, lol.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19922
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Carol wrote:

The truth of what was beneath the water... Blue

(Credit: FraXz at Deviant Art)

No, I do not think the iceberg would've helped anyone wanting to hang on... No

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:48 pm

Yeah, but some bergs have surface areas that could support people.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:55 pm

They did wear gloves back then. But, will the gloves be warm for them to hold the berg?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Savannah
"Psalm 34"

Number of posts : 53785
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Some of the icebergs are big enough so that people could actually sit on them...even though just the "tip" is what we see, some of those "tips" are incredibly large even just on the surface. It's an interesting question, Rob....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:18 pm

I really can't take credit...

Seriously, I don't think I've ever heard it mentioned before. With their ship sinking and no other ships around, there was this really big floating object very nearby, you know?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:41 pm

Big floating object? You mean the people, didn't tried get on the big floating object?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:54 pm

Yeah, the iceberg was the one big thing in the area that was still afloat. I'm wondering if anyone thought of taking refuge on it.

Oh, and here's another thought. This is kind of bizarre... but if they'd steered back toward the iceberg and sailed into it at full speed - maybe trying to smack it into the ship's side - I wonder if they could've hung the ship up on the ice and kept it from sinking until the Carpathia arrived.

Edited to add: After they shifted everyone over to the opposite side of the ship, of course.

Last edited by Rob on Tue May 01, 2012 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:59 pm

If i heard right on the news. Some person is gonna build another ship that's suppose too look like the titanic.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Tue May 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Rob wrote:
Yeah, the iceberg was the one big thing in the area that was still afloat. I'm wondering if anyone thought of taking refuge on it.

Oh, and here's another thought. This is kind of bizarre... but if they'd steered back toward the iceberg and sailed into it at full speed - maybe trying to smack it into the ship's side - I wonder if they could've hung the ship up on the ice and kept it from sinking until the Carpathian arrived.

What an interesting thought. Sounds plausible. But honestly I think they were all in a bit of denial at that point....I'm not sure anyone's brain was working beyond, first, 'acceptance' over what was about to happen', and next just 'call for help' and 'get people on the lifeboats'. They needed you there, Rob. Wink

Rob wrote:
Edited to add: After they shifted everyone over to the opposite side of the ship, of course.

Of course. HeeHee

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
If i heard right on the news. Some person is gonna build another ship that's suppose too look like the titanic.

Yep, I put the link about that up a few posts, Krissy. Here's the latest on that....WOW, I didn't know this guy was hiring Chinese to do a lot of the labor! Yikes

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-now/australian-billionaire-plans-build-titanic-ii-set-sail-172055941.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Tue May 01, 2012 3:02 pm

Amy wrote:
They needed you there, Rob.

Well, I had my ticket, but they bumped me. Lousy Astors!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Tue May 01, 2012 10:18 pm

I must have missed that.

: oh wow..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Tue May 01, 2012 10:24 pm

Oh, my cranky old man smiley vanished.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Tue May 01, 2012 10:38 pm

Noo

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Wed May 02, 2012 1:31 am

Has anyone seen Titanic (1996 version)? It was a tv movie. If, you haven't seen it. You do want see it. Warning, theirs disturb scene in the film.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Thu May 03, 2012 2:15 am

Watch Titanic (1997 version) Online. The end, always gets me. When after elderly Rose dies. they show the Titanic under the sea, they go back. You can see all the people, who died that day. (1912) Their smiling at Rose. She goes up the stairs. Theirs Jack waiting for her. Then, you see the young Rose. They kiss & the people clap. cryB

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Thu May 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Buttercup wrote:
Has anyone seen Titanic (1996 version)? It was a tv movie. If, you haven't seen it. You do want see it. Warning, theirs disturb scene in the film.

never seen the tv one

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?   Today at 3:49 am

Back to top Go down

Are you going to see TITANIC in 3D?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next