Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54

Go down 
+11
Gin
Amy
Honeybee
bethandmanly
Rhonda
Krissy
Shell
littlehousefan200
Rob
alexczarn
Debbie
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Love-s10

Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54   Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Heard today that Thomas Kinkade died of an overdose......It was a mix of alcohol and prescription drugs....what a shame! No

He also was living with a mistress....she is the one who made the 911 call.

It just goes to show that it doesn't matter how much money you have, or how famous you are....money and fame do not buy happiness. Clearly he was a broken man. Such a shame. No I will always love his work---I know it is very commercialized, but others have tried to accomplish his 'light' and do not have the 'knack' that he had for creating it. There will only be one Thomas Kinkaide.

Jacob, that lantern is lovely!! Wow, at a thrift store?! You DO find the best deals there! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54   Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 8:45 pm

There is a Thomas Kinkade Museum down in Branson.....when he passed away, they were SO busy with people coming in to see his things and buy stuff......they had NEVER seen so many people..... Huh?

Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Rhonda10Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54   Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:47 pm

Oh, I didn't know that Rhonda! How I would love to see that. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54   Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 12:42 pm

I Found This at Garage Sale for $1

Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Img_2610

Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Jacobk10Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54   Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 2:18 pm

No way. thud Congrats Jacob!! Applause
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54   Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Jacob....come this way and I will follow you to every garage sale in town!! Good work!

Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54   Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 EmptyMon May 14, 2012 9:31 pm

Gin wrote:
Jacob....come this way and I will follow you to every garage sale in town!! Good work!

Michigan's closer---I get him first! grinsmiley
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54   Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 1:39 am

Lol You are both Welcome to go Garage Saleing with me, I'll Tell you a Secret though Its a Fake Laughing Once i was home i opened the Frame it turned out it is from a Calender The Month of June LOL

But thats ok with me People still think its real Wink

Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Jacobk10Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21159
Mood : Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54   Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:19 am

There are a LOT of people that have the calendars and end up framing them when the year is over....they are still Kinkade's prints....so, you got a good buy..... Thumbsup

Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Rhonda10Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54   Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 EmptyTue May 15, 2012 11:29 am

Yep, I figured it wasn't a painting, but hey, it's still beautiful and as Rhonda said, it's still a 'Kinkaide print'! yes I should see if I kept any of my old calendars by him and frame some. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54   Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thomas Kinkade, 'Painter of Light,' dies at 54
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2