HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 8816
Mood :

PostSubject: JOHN CLAY SCOTT AND BEN SCOTT   Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:42 am

The brothers John Clay Scott and Ben Scott are both stuntmen and actors. Both were born in Blythe, California; John in July of 1957 and Ben in June of 1959.

Their resumes are extensive and both are still very much active today. Both have appeared in major motion pictures as well as television.

Ben Scott to date has over 161 credits for stunts and 15 credits as an actor, while John Clay has 122 credits in stunts and 26 credits as an actor.

In their early twenties, one of their first acting roles was on Little House. Ben was cast as “Punk #3” and John Clay was cast as “R.J.” The episode was “A New Beginning”. They were part of the gang that terrorized the town and beat up Andy as Jonathon was opening a new freight business.

It was obviously a New Beginning for them both. They haven’t stopped working ever since.

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: ARNOLD ROBERTS   Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Arnold Roberts was born in October of 1922 in California.

Cowboy actor, stuntman and quick-draw artist are all things that could be used to describe him. His career started in the late 1950s and he appeared in such TV shows as "The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp" (1958) and "The Untouchables" (1962).

In the early 1960s Lew Wasserman, president of Universal Studios, wanted to develop a studio tour which would take people to see production of films and TV shows in action. Roberts was called up to coordinate the western stunt show portion. When Roberts wasn't doing the stunt show he appeared in many of Universal's western shows, doing stunts and playing a variety of barflies, henchmen and ranch hands as needed. Even with the downturn of westerns in the late 1960s, he still was able to obtain work in such shows as Gunsmoke (1955), Bonanza (1959) and Alias Smith and Jones (1971).

Like most of the cowboys before him, he worked up until the very end, with his last part being that of an auctioneer appropriately dressed as a cowboy in Timestalkers released in 1987.

He died in September of 1986 in California, just seven days before his 74th birthday.

One Episode Of Little House

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: JAMES ANTONIO   Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Jim Antonio was born on January 27, 1931 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA as James Antonio. He is known for his work on Catch Me If You Can (2002), Pleasantville (1998) and Outbreak (1995).

His first appearance on the screen was as an oil field worker in Splendor In The Grass as an oil field worker. It was an uncredited role. Through 2007 he had a total of 105 credits both in movies and television.

He guest starred in the Waltons and was on one episode of Little House.

Currently 83 years old.

Walton's Appearance

One of the many guest stars that appeared both on The Waltons and Little House on the Prairie

Last edited by Davetucson on Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37837
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:04 pm

You got that right!

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: MARICLARE COSTELLO   Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am

The Miss Beadle of Walton's Mountain......................

Mariclare Costello (born February 3, 1936 in Peoria, Illinois) is a television, stage, and movie actress. She is a lifetime member of The Actors Studio. Costello's most notable role was Rosemary Hunter Fordwick, teacher, on the television series The Waltons, from 1972 to 1977. In 1977, after her role on the Waltons, she played matriarch Maggie Fitzpatrick on the short-lived drama show The Fitzpatricks.

Her first film appearance was in The Tiger Makes Out (1967). In 1970, she appeared on stage in "Harvey" at the ANTA Theatre, in New York City. She is also well remembered for her role as a hippie-vampire in the 1971 cult horror film Let's Scare Jessica to Death In the 1981  film Ragtime, she portrayed Emma Goldman in a scene that was ultimately deleted from the theatrical release, but still included on the DVD.

She was married to actor Allan Arbus until his death in 2013.

Some other appearances included Judging Amy, Chicago Hope, Lou Grant, Kojak, and the movie Ordinary People.

[

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6

Number of posts : 2529
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:19 pm

Holy Cow, I never realized that she was the same actress.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:25 pm

LIWnut wrote:
Holy Cow, I never realized that she was the same actress.  

That's the fascinating thing about character actors......

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: WARD COSTELLO   Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Ward Costello was born on July 5, 1919 in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. He was an actor, known for General Hospital (1963), Missing (1982) and MacArthur (1977).
After World War II, he worked as a journalist and as foreign news editor for CBS. Subsequently trained for acting at the Yale School of Drama in Hartford, Connecticut, and at the Old Vic and the University of Birmingham in England. During World War II served in both the British RAF and the U.S. Army Air Corps.

He played characters in 2 movies that have Adm William Halsey. The Gallant Hours (1960) and Tora! Tora! Tora! (1970). In The Gallant Hours he played Captain Harry Black, Halsey's Chief of Staff. Halsey was portrayed by James Cagney. In Tora! Tora! Tora! his character of the Captain of the USS Enterprise is uncredited and is in the target practice scene with Halsey, portrayed by James Whitmore.

From 1957 through 1989, he had 42 credits both in television and on the big screen. Tendency to play a man of authority. Played a Senator on General Hospital, an Admiral on Star Trek, a Deputy Chief on Police Story, a Captain on The Streets of San Francisco, and General George C. Marshall in the movie MacArthur.  

He retired from acting in 1989.

He died on June 4, 2009 in Redlands, California, USA, a month before his 90th birthday

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: ROBERT TORTI   Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:29 pm

Catching Up With Robert Torti - 30 Years After Little House. Since then, The Young And The Restless, Days of Our Lives and Lots of Other Television...

Click On The Image To Read........

Robert Was 20 Years Old When Had The Second Role of His Career On Little House

Back to top Go down
View user profile
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 3283
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:08 pm

I always thought he was a babe...both he and the guy who played "Marco." Two cuties.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:36 pm

That would be Stephen Manley

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:52 pm

Ever Wondered How They Make People Sweat In The Movies?

We all remember "Stone Soup" when Walnut Grove was in the throws of a heat wave.

Here's how they produced the sweat that Willie was suffering from...............

The sweat and tears our bodies naturally produce have a slightly different viscosity than ordinary water. Plain H20 doesn't bead on the skin the same way real sweat and tears do. You could use plain water to create stage sweat, but you'll find that it doesn't look as realistic as natural sweat. An old theater makeup trick is to mix glycerin and water together to produce a thicker fluid that looks more like real sweat. You can also use this mixture to make fake tears and even blood if you add a little red food coloring.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: RAINMAKING IN THE MOVIES   Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:18 pm

"The Rain Hadn't let Up For Two Months"........But There Was Sunshine!

Two Scenes From Gold Country................

Notice The Sunlight Hitting The Church...and The Blue Sky Above It! But It's Raining Hard At The Mercantile!

Sunlight Hitting The Mercantile

Typical Rain Machine On A Movie Set

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7227
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:54 pm

That's great about the rain machine. You will also notice in "A Christmas They Never Forgot" that it's very sunny out the morning Hester Sue arrives with the wagon holding Mary and Adam, but it's supposed to be cold and stormy because it's snowing.

Photobucket
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:40 pm

That Was A Pretty Sunny Snow Storm - California Style!

But! They Made Up For It In The End!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52509
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:11 pm

Good catches!

I seem to remember reading - or maybe we talked about it here - that the budget for the early shows was limited, so during winter scenes, they only showed the snowy scenes through windows and doorways, so that they wouldn't have to use acres of fake snow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:02 am

Much has been said about the destruction of Walnut Grove at the end of the series. There were MANY reasons for it as Kent McCray pointed out. Melissa Gilbert stated several times that Michael didn't want the sets used by anyone else.

Below, is a good example of what she was talking about. This is the Walton's home. It was used for many shows after The Walton's ended. They merely alter it a little and probably no one noticed. It was used several times on Mayberry RFD after The Waltons was no longer in production....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2529
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Did I miss Eileen Heckart on your list on page 1? She played Amanda Cooper in Dance With Me.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:09 pm

LIWnut wrote:
Did I miss Eileen Heckart on your list on page 1?  She played Amanda Cooper in Dance With Me.  

Page 22

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: NORMA RANSOME   Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:13 am

Norma Ransome was born on October 14, 1914 in Chicago, Illinois. She was an actress, that had a very brief acting career.  She was married to Arthur Peterson Jr.. He was a popular figure on the television program SOAP. He played The Major. Pictured below.

She died on September 24, 1998 in Pasadena, California at 83 years of age.

She was in That’s O’Toole in 1949, The Bionic Woman in 1976 and her last appearance was in 1982 on Little House….One Episode.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: NONI WHITE   Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:01 am

Noni White is an actress and a writer. Some of acting appearances included 7th Heaven, Hunter, Toughlove, Falcon Crest and Taxi.

She wrote screenplays for 102 Dalmations, Tarzan, and The Lion King to name a few.

She was on one Little House Episode

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: MICHELLE MARSH   Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:04 am

Michele Marsh was born as Michele Noelle Buhler. She is an actress, known for Fiddler on the Roof (1971), My Name Is Khan (2010) and A Memory in My Heart (1999). She has been married to Peter Szabadi since May 15, 2005.

She has also done commercials for such companies as  Home Depot; Kodak; Maxwell House Coffee and TJ Max.

Since 1971, when she appeared in the movie Fidler On The Roof as Hodel, she has had over 45 film credits to her name. They include Desperate Housewives, The West Wing and Star Trek to name a few.

She worked for Michael Landon in two productions. She played Barbara Hopkins in a Highway To Heaven episode entitled Choices in 1989.

One Little House Episode in 1982.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: J. EDWARD MCKINLEY   Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:32 am

J. Edward McKinley was born on October 11, 1917 in Seattle, Washington, USA. He was an actor, known for The Party (1968), Advise & Consent (1962) and The Angry Red Planet (1959). Played a client for McMahon and Tate on the television show Bewitched (1964) 10 times.

Beginning in 1959, he had 89 credits to his name. They included Bret Maverick, Eight is Enough, Airport 1975, Gunsmoke, Irosnside, Batman and Bonanza to name a few. His last screen appearances were for Michael Landon.

He died on July 30, 2004 in Beverly Hills, California. He was 86.

He appeared in one episode of Highway to Heaven as Charlie in Jonathon Smith Goes To Washington.

He was in three episodes of Little House.
What Ever Happened To The Class of 56 – 1980 – The Conductor
Darkness Is My Friend – 1980 – The Conductor
Rage – 1982 – Mr. Phillips

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: DICK DUROCK   Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:15 am

Long before The Monster of Walnut Grove, The Swamp Thing and The Evil Hulk Visited The Prairie!

Comments on being a stuntman……..
“I was very fortunate, being 6' 5". There was a time I throw a standing backflip off the ground. I was blessed with some modicum of agility. It's an art. The idea is to do it and not get hurt, but to make it look like you've been wiped out. Anybody can hit the ground. The idea is that if you have to get up and do it again, you do it the same way. It's acting with your body.”

Big, brawny, and imposing actor and stuntman Dick Durock was born on January 18, 1937 in South Bend, Indiana. The fourth of five children; he grew up in South Bend, Indiana and New Jersey. After serving a stint in the Marine Corps and briefly working as a computer programmer, Durock went to Hollywood to eke out a career in show business. He eventually amassed hundreds of credits in both movies and TV series alike (Durock sometimes worked on two different shows in the same day). Durock began his career in 1967 as the stunt double for Guy Williams on the final season of Lost in Space (1965). He also doubled for both Buddy Ebsen and Max Baer Jr. on The Beverly Hillbillies (1962). With his rough face, large, strong, muscular build and towering 6' 5" height Durock was usually cast as mean thugs who get beat up by the hero. Durock achieved his greatest enduring cult popularity with his excellent portrayal of the titular kind-hearted mutant superhero in Wes Craven's delightful Swamp Thing (1982). He reprised the part in the amusingly campy sequel The Return of Swamp Thing (1989) and the spin-off cable TV series, Swamp Thing (1990). Durock's other memorable roles include one of the terrorists in The Enforcer (1976), the bare knuckle brawler who fights Clint Eastwood at the start of Any Which Way You Can (1980), pie-eating contest champion "Bill Travis" in the charming Stand by Me (1986), and a hostile redneck hunter in the notorious turkey Howard the Duck (1986). Among the films Durock has performed stunts in are Die Hard: With a Vengeance (1995), License to Drive (1988), The Monster Squad (1987), Heat (1986), Runaway Train (1985), The Sword and the Sorcerer (1982), Bronco Billy (1980), 1941 (1979), Doc Savage: The Man of Bronze (1975), The Poseidon Adventure (1972), Hammer (1972) and Conquest of the Planet of the Apes (1972). Durock had guest spots on such TV shows as Star Trek (1966), Baretta (1975), Quincy M.E. (1976), The Rockford Files (1974), Little House on the Prairie (1974), The Incredible Hulk (1978), The A-Team (1983), Magnum, P.I. (1980), Falcon Crest (1981), The Fall Guy (1981), Knight Rider (1982), Married with Children (1987) and Dynasty (1981). He played the "Imperious Leader" on the science fiction series, Battlestar Galactica (1978). He was a proud and active member of the Stuntman's Association of Motion Pictures for over 20 years. Durock lived in Southern California with his wife Jane and made frequent guest appearances at movie conventions held all over the country.

He died after a long battle with Pancreatic Cancer at age 72 on September 17, 2009 in Oak Park, California.

One Episode of Little House

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: James Shigeta Dies   Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:58 pm

James Shigeta, a top Asian-American actor of the early 1960s who starred in the Rodgers & Hammerstein musical Flower Drum Song, died Monday in the Los Angeles area, publicist Jeffrey Leavitt announced. Family members said he was 85.

The handsome Hawaiian, who later appeared as the ill-fated chief executive of the Nakatomi corporation in the Bruce Willis action film Die Hard (1988), had a great two-year run in Hollywood starting in the late 1950s.

Shigeta made his feature debut in Sam Fuller’s Los Angeles-set noir The Crimson Kimono (1959), playing a young detective, and followed that by portraying a young Chinese man in the American Old West who battles a freight line operator (Jack Lord) over a woman in James Clavell’s Walk

He was in episode of Little House
"To Live With Fear"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia   Today at 7:31 pm

Back to top Go down

David's Little House Star Profiles and Trivia
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 42 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next