Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My best friend's dad

Go down 
+6
Teresa
Krissy
Vanesa
Rhonda
Gin
Amy
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : My best friend's dad Love-s10

My best friend's dad Empty
PostSubject: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:00 am

I'm asking for prayers for my friend Barbara's dad and her family. He and her mom live in Florida during the winter and were planning on coming back to Michigan last month, but he has had heart issues. He suffered a mini stroke last week, and has been up and down since then. I don't know exactly what happened, but he was rushed to the hospital last night and was unresponsive, now in intensive care. He is in his 80's and has been really struggling with his health the last couple of years. It has to be so hard for all their kids being up here in Michigan. Barbara and her sister are heading down there tomorrow. Please pray for their safe travels as well.
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:02 am

Will do...I know that is hard being that far away. Keep us updated, Amy.

My best friend's dad Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : My best friend's dad Purple2

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:43 am

Praying for health to return to him, or at least enough to get back to Michigan near family.... pray

My best friend's dad Rhonda10My best friend's dad Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 3:01 pm

Thank you, ladies. I found out he did have a heart attack. He was supposed to have heart valve replacement surgery a couple months ago, but they decided that he was not strong enough. The doctors told the family then that he would probably have 2 to 3 months to live if he didn't have the surgery, and unfortunatly it is unfolding that way. He is resting comfortably in ICU right now, but the prognosis is not good. My heart aches for my friend, and her mom too. No
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 6:09 pm

So sorry to hear this , Amy. I know Barbara's heart is broken. Be the great friend you are to her and she will be fine.

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:00 pm

Thanks so much, Gin. Smiley Hug She is leaving in the morning...they are going to drive down, rather than fly. I know this is going to be such a difficult trip for her, and an agonizingly long drive. No Thanks for praying.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : My best friend's dad Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:14 am

I'm praying for your friend and her dad. pray

Vanesa.

My best friend's dad Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:08 pm

Thank you Vanesa. Some really good news...her dad is stabalized and they are looking into a medical transport company to try to get him back to Michigan! But my friend just arrived last night and found him in a bad frame of mind, saying he wants to die. So I don't know what's going to happen. I hope that is just the drugs talking and that he can find his will to live. If he can regain his strength, he can have that heart valve replacement surgery and that could be the key to everything. Being in his 80's though, I can certainly see how the fight is getting wearisome. No
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 2:22 pm

An 89 yr old lady at church just had this done. She has been in rehab for about 3 months but just got to come home this week. She is doing wonderfuly, so with a little new attachments he will too...hopefully. Prayers!!

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : My best friend's dad Headac10

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:39 pm

I Hope that he will be okay. Smiley Hug

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286
Mood : My best friend's dad Happy010

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyFri Apr 27, 2012 8:50 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's dad, Amy. They will be in my prayers. I hope that he is able to have the surgery.

My best friend's dad TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
My best friend's dad Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 10:10 pm

My best friend's dad 410460I'm so sorry to hear about this, Amy. (And very sorry that I didn't see it sooner!) My prayers are going out, too.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 12:44 am

The best thing to keep alive is WANTING it, so I hope that the man could have his spirit somewhat raised. I'll be praying for him and your friend... Blue

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 1:58 pm

Thank you everyone. They were all set to leave for Michigan this morning, and he passed away. No The family is actually relieved, that he didn't die in transit. Please continue to pray for my friend and her family, especially her mom. Her mom and dad have been married for 62 years. I can't even imagine how her mom's heart is breaking right now. Blue
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 2:00 pm

My condolences to the family Amy.... Smiley Hug

My best friend's dad Rhonda10My best friend's dad Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
My best friend's dad Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 2:13 pm

My best friend's dad 488555I'm so sorry, Amy. Barbara and her family continue to be in my prayers. My best friend's dad 410460
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 3:07 pm

Thank you both. Smiley Hug
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyMon Apr 30, 2012 5:28 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your friend's loss. She and her family are in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyTue May 01, 2012 12:08 am

Sad news... But if he didn't want to live, it was almost sure he should die... No Blue

I'm praying for your friend and her family...

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyTue May 01, 2012 12:55 am

I'm sorry to hear about this, Amy. Prayers going up now for the family.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyTue May 01, 2012 8:20 am

Thank you all.
Back to top Go down
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Julia

Number of posts : 1871
Mood : My best friend's dad Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:18 am

Oh my! That is so sad! Praying for the family. :(

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

My best friend's dad JuliaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My best friend's dad   My best friend's dad Empty

Back to top Go down

My best friend's dad
Page 1 of 1