Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prescriptions, medication research

Go down 
+5
flatbroke
bethandmanly
Melissa
Savannah
Carol
9 posters

Do you tend to do research on the medication you are prescribed?
Yes
Prescriptions, medication research Vote_lcap58%Prescriptions, medication research Vote_rcap
 58% [ 7 ]
No
Prescriptions, medication research Vote_lcap42%Prescriptions, medication research Vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Prescriptions, medication research Happy010

Prescriptions, medication research Empty
PostSubject: Prescriptions, medication research   Prescriptions, medication research EmptyThu May 24, 2007 6:55 pm

When you are prescribed a medication from the doctor, do you trust your doctor and take it or do you research for any further information on the medication?

Prescriptions, medication research 20477986

With a lot of medicines being pulled off the shelf because they turn out to harm people, a lot of people are starting to do further research when they receive a certain medication. When I went to a convention in Philadelphia, I learned that sometimes it doesn't take much for FDA to approve a new drug.

What do you do?

=======================

I've always preferred home remedies over pills... but sometimes, you have to take the pills... it's been a year since I have always done research after getting a medication prescribed.... there have been times when I have chosen not to take the pill because of what I have found online.

Prescriptions, medication research Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Prescriptions, medication research Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Prescriptions, medication research Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Prescriptions, medication research   Prescriptions, medication research EmptyThu May 24, 2007 8:11 pm

Same here, Carol. I prefer to avoid prescription meds when possible because of some of the side effects. There are times when the meds are necessary, and I'm thankful that they're available. But some of the secondary problems that they can cause are sometimes worse than the original problem!

But, yes . . . . I tend to do research on any meds that I'm prescribed............if someone has been able to throw me over their shoulder and get me to a doctor. grinsmiley
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prescriptions, medication research   Prescriptions, medication research EmptyThu May 24, 2007 8:39 pm

Savannah wrote:
Same here, Carol. I prefer to avoid prescription meds when possible because of some of the side effects. There are times when the meds are necessary, and I'm thankful that they're available.

But, yes . . . . I tend to do research on any meds that I'm prescribed............if someone has been able to throw me over their shoulder and get me to a doctor. grinsmiley

Same here. I do research all the meds.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Melissa

Number of posts : 561

PostSubject: Re: Prescriptions, medication research   Prescriptions, medication research EmptyThu May 24, 2007 9:01 pm

Yes. I usually look things up before I take them. I'd really like to know what's going into my body.

Prescriptions, medication research MelissaKeeper
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Prescriptions, medication research Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Prescriptions, medication research   Prescriptions, medication research EmptyThu May 24, 2007 10:21 pm

I'm naughty. I pretty much depend on my doctor to tell me what I need to take. The only thing I really need is my inhaler for my asthma. If I don't use my Advair twice a day, I might have a flare up.

I do read the pamphlets that come with the meds and I do worry about the long-term effects of medication such as this, but I need to breathe, so I don't have much of a choice.

Luckily, I have a really great doctor who I have been with for almost 20 years. She gives me the lowest possible dosage to manage my asthma. If there were ever a day I could stop using it though, I would throw it all away and be very happy.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: Prescriptions, medication research   Prescriptions, medication research EmptyFri May 25, 2007 3:41 am

I put no since i usually don't take any medecine at all... Luckily I've been healthy all my life.
But even if i had to take any kind of medication i wouldn't do research on it. maybe I'm to trusting but i didn't even think of it...
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Prescriptions, medication research Party010

PostSubject: Re: Prescriptions, medication research   Prescriptions, medication research EmptyFri May 25, 2007 9:22 am

I wasn't exactly sure how the voting was supposed to be (Yes, you trust your doctor, or yes, you do research), but I voted yes as in I do research online to see what the med is all about, and if there are interactions with other drugs since I see more than one doctor. I also get all my scripts filled at the same drug store so they can point out if something new is going to interfere with something old.
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Prescriptions, medication research   Prescriptions, medication research EmptySun May 27, 2007 3:03 pm

I never used to do research on medicines the doctors prescribed, until this last time I was sick and took a brand new medicine (to me) from my brand new doctor who I'd only seen once before. It made me sicker than the actual cold I went in with, so then I researched it and found out that the side effects from it were exactly the symptoms I was feeling, and that in trials, other people had complained of them as well. So, if I ever try a new medicine again, I will definitely do my homework before I take it.

Prescriptions, medication research ChristinaKeeper2 Prescriptions, medication research 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prescriptions, medication research   Prescriptions, medication research EmptySun May 27, 2007 6:35 pm

I really can't say yes or no because it depends on the doctor. My dad is my dentist and I trust him with anything he gives me. I also completely trust my doctor that gives me my depession and anxiety medicine. Any other doctor I always call my doc that gives me the two meds. He used to be a pharmacist before becoming a doctor and studies the way medicines interact before giving them to patients. He always keep things just right. I have been going to him since 2004 and I have not had a problem yet. Before him I did have problems with other doctors.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Prescriptions, medication research Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Prescriptions, medication research   Prescriptions, medication research EmptyMon May 28, 2007 4:50 pm

Not really. I wouldn't let my doctor put me on anything in less I knew it was ok. Like a new drug I won't take it. I also would refuse to be put on steriods or narcs.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Prescriptions, medication research LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Prescriptions, medication research Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Prescriptions, medication research   Prescriptions, medication research EmptyMon May 28, 2007 9:56 pm

I believe the Western medicine is made to cure us half way, it keeps bringing in the revenue because it's a business for the drug companies.

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Prescriptions, medication research Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Prescriptions, medication research   Prescriptions, medication research EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 10:53 am

I don't take any.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prescriptions, medication research   Prescriptions, medication research Empty

Back to top Go down

Prescriptions, medication research
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Little House on the Prairie :: The Prairie Playground :: Jokes, Polls & Fun Links-
Jump to: