Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Maurice Sendak passes away.

Go down 
+2
Krissy
Rhonda
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21163
Mood : Maurice Sendak passes away. Purple2

Maurice Sendak passes away. Empty
PostSubject: Maurice Sendak passes away.   Maurice Sendak passes away. EmptyTue May 08, 2012 3:20 pm

My favorite children's book author has died. Maurice Sendak, author of "Where the Wild Things Are" has passed away at the age of 83. Blue

Maurice Sendak

Maurice Sendak passes away. Tdy-120508-maurice-sendak-tz.grid-6x2

Maurice Sendak passes away. Rhonda10Maurice Sendak passes away. Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Maurice Sendak passes away. Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Sendak passes away.   Maurice Sendak passes away. EmptyTue May 08, 2012 4:52 pm

RIP

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Maurice Sendak passes away. Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Sendak passes away.   Maurice Sendak passes away. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:38 am

I have several of his books! Little Bear is so adorable with wonderful lessons----my favorite of his works. Maurice left a wonderful legacy. yes
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Sendak passes away.   Maurice Sendak passes away. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 12:01 pm

Madison LOVED Little Bear, even still has the "doll". When he was little I could have done ANYTHING when Little Bear was on in the mornings.
83 years is a good amount of time here....he accomplished much.

Maurice Sendak passes away. Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Maurice Sendak passes away. Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Maurice Sendak passes away. Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Sendak passes away.   Maurice Sendak passes away. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 12:39 pm

Maurice Sendak passes away. 6472 I loved his illustrations in Little Bear! Those were some of the kids' favorite books when they were little. And the Little Bear TV series....Gosh, the kids LOVED that. So did I, actually - it was a very gentle, sweet series, and yet very clever and fun for the kids, too. Gin - Jeremiah had that Little Bear stuffy, too. And we still have a bunch of the little PVC figures that they sold when the series was first on. The ones that went with the little play sets...Like these ones:

Maurice Sendak passes away. Little11

What a legacy Mr. Sendak left behind!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Sendak passes away.   Maurice Sendak passes away. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:15 pm

Gin & Lisa, Nick had some Little Bear figures too! So funny that all our kids loved this series. And Lisa, "gentle and sweet" is a perfect way to describe it. It reminds me of Pooh Bear in a way...a nice, quiet show with few 'irritating' characters. I say that because it seems like there are more and more shows out there now that have gone out of their way to annoy the parents! Yikes Oh, Franklin is another good series, kind of like Little Bear. Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Sendak passes away.   Maurice Sendak passes away. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 1:45 pm

When I was in college taking courses for Early Childhood Education, we had to write a report on our favorite children's author and then read one of his books to the class.....kind of preparing us for reading to our kids when we started teaching. I loved Maurice and chose to do my report on him....he had SO many books to choose from....I had a LOT of the Little Bear books and my boys grew up on every single one of them as well as the TV program. Such a talented man and an interview revealed that he didn't really care too much for children..... scratchead HeeHee

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Maurice Sendak passes away. Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Sendak passes away.   Maurice Sendak passes away. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Such a talented man and an interview revealed that he didn't really care too much for children..... scratchead HeeHee

I was trying to place his name when I saw this thread. Where the Wild Things Are was my son's favorite book growing up. Doesn't it bug you when you discover things like that about celebrities? When I found out Christopher Plummer didn't like children it ruined The Sound of Music for me for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Sendak passes away.   Maurice Sendak passes away. EmptyWed May 09, 2012 4:43 pm

Yeah...makes you scratch your head and say, "WHAT?" scratchead

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maurice Sendak passes away.   Maurice Sendak passes away. Empty

Back to top Go down

Maurice Sendak passes away.
Page 1 of 1