Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Little House

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

The Little House Empty
PostSubject: The Little House   The Little House EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:37 pm

I was reading Stan Ivar has the house in his garage/barn disassembled all these years. When Laura Ingall's museum asked about it, he said he couldn't' give it to them because Ed Friendly still owns the rights to it.
Seems sad that it is just left like that...maybe that's why other things weren't made like toys or play houses, it would have to have his say but I read he died in 2007.
Anyone ever hear anything else about it?
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : The Little House Love-s10

The Little House Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Little House   The Little House EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 8:45 pm

Go to susanmccray.com and she has interviewed Stan Ivar. I remember listening to it once and I believe he mentioned something about the Little House. I don't remember him saying Ed Friendly still had the rights to it. Michael Landon gave the house to Stan. Do let us know what you find out.

The Little House Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

The Little House Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Little House   The Little House EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 6:09 am

I read it on this page:
Stan Ivar told us that the real little house was on his ranch, dismantled, and waiting to be erected again. The city of Walnut Grove (Minnesota) is willing to display it on the Laura Ingalls Wilder museum site, but it is not yet possible because Ed Friendly still owns the rights of everything about the series, and his permission is needed.
This seemed to be written in 2005.

zunshine.com/littlehouse/tombstone.html
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : The Little House Bokmal10

The Little House Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Little House   The Little House EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 12:00 am

Rally? We shall see Ingalls House in an Ingalls museum? It should be GREAT! Smile

Vanesa.

The Little House Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

The Little House Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Little House   The Little House EmptyTue Jun 05, 2012 7:03 am

Time will tell...seems like it still is in his home...does he have an address?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Little House Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Little House   The Little House Empty

Back to top Go down

The Little House
Page 1 of 1