Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!

Go down 
+11
littlehousefan200
Lori
alexczarn
bethandmanly
Honeybee
LIWnut
Harrietfan
Gin
Julia
Savannah
Krissy
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 Love-s10

Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:38 pm

Lisa wrote:
Interesting!! It's hard to believe it's been 30 years (more than 30!) since it was last made. I loved that version so much! (Had it memorized word-for-word. Literally.) But I'm actually willing to give a new one a chance. It sounds like they're hoping to make it a series. That could be a lot of fun. I'd have to put aside all of my ideas of who should look like what, and give it a chance as a "never-before-seen" kind of show for me to be able to give it a fair shake. But I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

I was right on board with you, Lisa, until I read about the 2012 thing! thud Stop the insanity!!! Noo

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
I don't think Lucy MM would like this.

I completely agree. No Cheryl, get in there and talk some sense into these people! PishPosh
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 10:41 pm

Amy wrote:
Lisa wrote:
Interesting!! It's hard to believe it's been 30 years (more than 30!) since it was last made. I loved that version so much! (Had it memorized word-for-word. Literally.) But I'm actually willing to give a new one a chance. It sounds like they're hoping to make it a series. That could be a lot of fun. I'd have to put aside all of my ideas of who should look like what, and give it a chance as a "never-before-seen" kind of show for me to be able to give it a fair shake. But I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

I was right on board with you, Lisa, until I read about the 2012 thing! Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 184143 Stop the insanity!!! Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 776960

They lost me when I read that, too. Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 279394 I hope they get their wits about them.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 10:22 am

Smile .I really don't think this movie will be a hit.It will be a flop.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:02 am

Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:54 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:
It's still going to be a period piece.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-edward-island/story/2012/06/13/pei-anne-green-gables-period-tv-584.html

Oh that's a relief!

Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:00 pm

Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 702150 In this article they said that they didn't mean that it was going to be a contemporary setting, but in another article they had specifically said something about having Anne posting on Facebook. She certainly couldn't do that in a period piece. I'm guessing that they changed their minds about it being modernized when they saw that people weren't going to embrace THAT big of a change. Thanks for the news!! I'm glad to see that it'll be early 1900s after all!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 5:35 pm

I was wondering about that, Lisa. When the original article said she could see Anne posting on Facebook, I didn't get the impression they meant to set it in current times, only that they meant Anne being a woman far ahead of her time would be the type of person to be using Facebook if she were real and around today.

Part of me likes the idea of digging deeper, but another side to me says if LMM wanted to dig deeper she would have done it. How can anyone except the original author know all about her characters?

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 6:38 pm

I agree.I think maybe she didn't dig deeper,maybe she want the readers to have theire own idea about what may have happened before green gables..

Well glad it's gonna be a period movie. Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 6:49 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
I was wondering about that, Lisa. When the original article said she could see Anne posting on Facebook, I didn't get the impression they meant to set it in current times, only that they meant Anne being a woman far ahead of her time would be the type of person to be using Facebook if she were real and around today.

If that was the only article that they'd mentioned it in and the only quote, I'd agree. But that wasn't the only article where I'd read them mention modern things, and a contemporary setting. I wish I could find them now! On the other hand...I have been very tired the past few days, and it's possible that I just misunderstood their phrasing. Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 440956 ....I don't understand what "contemporary" would have to do with digging deeper into characters, though.

bethandmanly wrote:
Part of me likes the idea of digging deeper, but another side to me says if LMM wanted to dig deeper she would have done it. How can anyone except the original author know all about her characters?

I agree. Any "digging deeper" is pure guess work, and would be based on the interpretations and opinions of the current-day writer, rather than what LMM had actually written those characters to be. That's fine for fan fiction, but when it's a production that bears the name of the original author, it really should be as close to what she wrote it as possible.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 6:59 pm

I think then i misunderstood it too, Laughing

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 7:15 pm

Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 702150 Thanks, Krissy! Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 410460
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Smiley Hug Yw.

To be honest a Movie be better then a t.V series.

Back to top Go down
littlehousefan200
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
littlehousefan200

Number of posts : 6161
Mood : Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 Confus10

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:18 pm

Oh, I'm so glad it's still going to be a period piece!
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:13 pm

So, won't come out to 2014 in the fall. Doesn't sound inserting to me.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 4:50 pm

I think the way the articles were worded made it really confusing as to whether or not the film was going to be contemporary.... just saying that they were going to make it more contemporary puts present age right into a person's mind.

I too was thinking that it was going to be a contemporary setting which really wasn't completely working out well in my mind!

Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 5:27 pm

bethandmanly wrote:

That was how I had understood it as well. Pretty interesting news!

The books are filled with so much adventure and a lot of it didn't make it to the original series, hopefully they can include them in this version. It would be neat if by the end of the series, they could have Megan Follows play her in an adult scene, maybe a scene of Anne looking back on her life or something. I'm sure Cheryl could think of a scene for Megan right? Smile

I am not too excited about it right now though because it is a long way off till we see a final product lol

Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 5996994

Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 Horses10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 7:05 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
I agree.I think maybe she didn't dig deeper,maybe she want the readers to have theire own idea about what may have happened before green gables..

Good point!

Krissy wrote:
Well glad it's gonna be a period movie. Smile

Whew Me too!

Lisa wrote:
I agree. Any "digging deeper" is pure guess work, and would be based on the interpretations and opinions of the current-day writer, rather than what LMM had actually written those characters to be. That's fine for fan fiction, but when it's a production that bears the name of the original author, it really should be as close to what she wrote it as possible.[/color]

Amen. yes

Carol wrote:
The books are filled with so much adventure and a lot of it didn't make it to the original series, hopefully they can include them in this version. It would be neat if by the end of the series, they could have Megan Follows play her in an adult scene, maybe a scene of Anne looking back on her life or something. I'm sure Cheryl could think of a scene for Megan right? Smile

That would be incredibly cool!!! yesss

Love that picture, Carol! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:53 am

So is it gonna be a TV Series or just a Movie?

I am glad it won't be a Modern film but i would of been open for that to, I am just not gonna watch it in hopes of it being just as good as it was with Megan in it I'll Watch it in hopes of it being a good Clean Family film that are so rare these days Smile

Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 Jacobk10Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 8:40 am

In my eyes Megan will always be anne Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!   Make - A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Re-make of Anne of Green Gables!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2