Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Baby Number Seventeen!

Go down 
+22
Teresa
Amy
Lori
JW
emilyanneoftheprairie
Rob
Vanesa
Misti
Prairie Dweller
Savannah
RoseRed
bethandmanly
ChristinaAL
HarrisonCrosby4387
LHDaisy
LM
Carol
Debbie
Melissa
Lily
LIWnut
Rhonda
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Baby Number Seventeen! Empty
PostSubject: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptySun May 27, 2007 3:58 pm

Have you guys heard about this family? I'm seen them on TV. The kids are so well mannered. I couldn't believe it. The house seemed to run really well. I have a hard time keeping my boys in line at times. Just think of having 17. Anyway, Congrats on baby number 17.:woohooo:

[b]Michelle Duggar is Pregnant with Baby Number Seventeen!

Michelle Duggar is pregnant again! "It is true, Michelle is expecting #17 July 27th, 2007," said Jim Bob in an email to Blogging Baby.

The Duggars first came into the spotlight when the Discovery Channel featured them on their very own show "Raising Sixteen Children." You read that right, sixteen children. It seems the Duggars are putting their faily size into the hands of God. They searched the scriptures and found that God says, "Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: & the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them" (Psalms 127:3-5).

The children each have names that begin with 'J' and all are home-schooled. The question of how they support themselves obviously comes to mind right away. The Duggars do not believe in debt and buy only the things that they can afford. The Duggars recently moved from a tiny three bedroom house into a 7,000 square foot home that sits on 20 acres. The house was built by the family over a long period of time.

The average age between Michelle and Jim Bob's children is eighteen months. In total, Michelle has been pregnant for approximately 144 months!

The children are:

Johannah Faith Duggar
Jackson Duggar
Justin Duggar
James Duggar
Jason Duggar
Jedidiah Duggar
Joy-Anna Duggar
Joseph Duggar
Jinger Duggar
Jessa Duggar
Jill Duggar
John-David Duggar
Jana Duggar
Joshua Duggar
Josiah Duggar
Jeremiah Duggar

This baby will be welcomed into a home where there is more than enough love to go around. Much congrats to the family.

Baby Number Seventeen! Untitled-7

[/b]

Last edited by on Sun May 27, 2007 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptySun May 27, 2007 4:18 pm

Baby Number Seventeen! 36_12_1

Baby Number Seventeen! Rhonda10Baby Number Seventeen! Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptySun May 27, 2007 4:37 pm

ROTFL I know.......Michelle Duggar.. :adore: :adore: :adore: :adore:
Rhonda wrote:
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptySun May 27, 2007 5:13 pm

Oh Boy!! I watch these guys on TLC. I guess this will mean more shows in the future!!

Baby Number Seventeen! MarilynKeeper Baby Number Seventeen! Bookclub2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptySun May 27, 2007 6:38 pm

I have seen them on tv. I posted this on my blog. I find them amazing. The children are so sweet and hard working. In some cases I have a problem with people having this many kids, but they do not seem to be going without. Some families who have this many kids live in cramped homes scraping by depending on others to keep food and clothes for them. The Duggars do not depend on it, will take it, but do not depend on it. That makes it alright for me.
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Baby Number Seventeen! LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptySun May 27, 2007 7:10 pm

Wow!!! affraid :faint2:

God bless the Duggar family!!!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Melissa

Number of posts : 561

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptySun May 27, 2007 7:59 pm

Oh wow. Sometimes my mom says she can barely handle me and my sister - imagine having to raise 17 kids! I'm really amazed. Does anyone know what state they're from?

Baby Number Seventeen! MelissaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties

Number of posts : 3822
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! Xmassm4

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptySun May 27, 2007 8:26 pm

I have watched their story on TLC as well.. I heard they were having a new addition, good for them! That is way too many children for me though!!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptySun May 27, 2007 8:38 pm

Melissa wrote:
Oh wow. Sometimes my mom says she can barely handle me and my sister - imagine having to raise 17 kids! I'm really amazed. Does anyone know what state they're from?

They are from Arkansas........where I live......but....I am a California girl!!!! ROTFL

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptySun May 27, 2007 11:18 pm

Debbie wrote:
I have watched their story on TLC as well.. I heard they were having a new addition, good for them! That is way too many children for me though!!

:agree:
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptySun May 27, 2007 11:23 pm

Rhonda wrote:

Laughing All I can say is... she sure won't be bored! wow!
They do seem to do well financially though...

Baby Number Seventeen! Horses10
Back to top Go down
LM
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
LM

Number of posts : 812
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! Party010

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptyMon May 28, 2007 2:20 am

Didn't they just have a baby before Christmas? I thought they had 18 already.

I've seen them on TLC a few times. They wear clothes from the thrift store, or have them made...lots of hand-me-downs. I think a lot of families could take a lesson from them on the thrift shopping, but at the same time, I feel bad that the Dugger kids don't get any, or rarely get any new clothes. If not for so many kids, they most likely would get a few new things. But the way they're being raised, they know that whatever you have is precious and that it doesn't have to cost a lot. I think a couple of the girls do some of the sewing, which is great. They'll be able to make clothes for the family now, and also make clothes for the families they'll have in the future.
They're home-schooled, and I don't think they ever play w/ any kids outside the family. Siblings only. I don't like that. If the parents want to keep them away from the "bad" kids in the world, then it seems they could trust a few from their church family.

I don't know how many more kids they plan to have. Geeeez, Duggars, take a break, already! Before she's healed from one birth, it's time to do it again. I think only four of the kids were born in a hospital due to what midwives thought she needed a doctor for. I think two were a set of twins.
One of the girls wants to be a midwife. Cool! I can't remember what the others want to do.

I'm really happy that they were able to finally get that big house finished, but at this rate, they'll outgrow it too. Well, at some point the older kids will move out to marry and start families of their own. Laaarrge families? Hmmm.

Here's hoping for a healthy Duggar baby this summer.

Baby Number Seventeen! LMKeeper

dreamNwish Photo Art & Gifts - http://www.zazzle.com/dreamnwish_photo_art

"If you can't be good, be good at it."
Back to top Go down
http://hisbadgeherbadgefanfiction.bravehost.com/index.html
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptyMon May 28, 2007 8:28 am

That's a LOT of kids!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptyMon May 28, 2007 9:26 am

Oh man, 17 kids under one roof. I admire her. As for me I do good to handle the three I have. If I had 17 I'd be pulling my hair out by the roots :faint2: help
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptyMon May 28, 2007 11:05 am

OMG, I can't even imagine. Good for them. :)

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptyMon May 28, 2007 10:31 pm

With a family that size, it's hard for the kids to experience a lot of fun like going to disneyland and other theme parks... special trips and vacations would be just too expensive...

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptyTue May 29, 2007 1:26 am

Wow...I think I have seen this family on some TV show before too, they look familiar in the picture posted. God Bless them, I don't know how they can handle that many children, especially so close in age! But it sounds like a wonderful family full of tons of love :) Good for them!

Baby Number Seventeen! ChristinaKeeper2 Baby Number Seventeen! 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptyTue May 29, 2007 10:21 am

They were one one of those shows like 20/20.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptyTue May 29, 2007 12:47 pm

Wow! No thanks. Three really is plenty for me. My husband's cousin and his wife have 11. Once again--no thanks. But good for the Duggars if they can provide for them and love them all.

This reminds me of a line that Rev. Alden said to Charles once. It went something like this, "You know Charles when the Lord said go forth and populate the earth, you didn't have to take him so seriously."

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptyTue May 29, 2007 4:00 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
This reminds me of a line that Rev. Alden said to Charles once. It went something like this, "You know Charles when the Lord said go forth and populate the earth, you didn't have to take him so seriously."

That is too funny. Sometimes I think people feel like they have to populate the earth and I will let them do it. Leave me out on having babies.
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptyTue May 29, 2007 5:37 pm

I remember that line. It's very rare for people to have more than 1-3 kids nowa days. I think it's because of the invention of the birth control and stuff.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptyTue May 29, 2007 7:08 pm

It's called "Cost of living"........Raising kids these days is very expensive and especially if you want to send them all to college. If you look to see how much it costs to raise a child or how much for college, that'll make you stop at ONE! :haha:

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptyWed May 30, 2007 10:28 am

Everything is expensive these days. There are so many money hungry people out there.

This one girl I know has 2 kids and she can barley afford take care of herself. It's really sad. Blue If my kids don't want to go to college they don't have to. As long as they make something of themselves. I went to college and wasted thousands of dollars. bawling Now I have to pay it all back. Blue

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
RoseRed
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
RoseRed

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptyWed May 30, 2007 11:37 am

To be honest, I think this is very sad.

I hate to be negative, but with the human population issues we already have, it's frustrating to see people that unconcerned about it.

Imagine what the planet will be like in another 50 years if the population keeps growing the way it is. And people like these simply think that "God will take care of it"

That way of thinking just irritates me to no end.

It also annoys me that there are so many children in need of homes that are ALREADY ON THE PLANET and if people like that want a huge number of children without adding to the current population problem, why not adopt some of them?

Sorry, but I don't see anything good about having alot of kids. :(

I can understand having one or even two because alot of people want genetic offspring, but for crying out loud...
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! EmptyWed May 30, 2007 11:49 am

Susie wrote:
In total, Michelle has been pregnant for approximately 144 months!

OhMy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! Empty

Back to top Go down

Baby Number Seventeen!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next