Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon)

Go down 
+5
Shell
Krissy
Ruth
Vanesa
littlehouselover
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 Bokmal10

article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Michael   article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:00 pm

21 years ago today Michael left us. No matter what is written or said about him, this is how I will always remember him. When his daughter was near death he made some promises to God if He would let her live. I think he kept them. You simply do not write and produce stories like he did without something special in your heart. I only wish he could have bessed this world a little bit longer.
article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 Bobby_12
article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 Michae31
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon)   article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:31 pm

Lynn said in Michael Jr.'s movie and interviews that he had a hard childhood and told stories of his "crazy" mother. She felt, and I do too, that in many ways, he was always trying to recreate what he wanted and that was why on Little House, family was so important.

His "crisis" later, didn't effect the work he put into creating that.

This was a great visit with Johnny, I've told about this joke he played with the menu many times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE-iheAagM0
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon)   article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:18 am

Yes. I've also read that in Patrick Loubatière's book. Michael Landon had always dreamed with a cozy family, and dreamed it to other people too...Sadly he wasn't able to give this cozy sourroundings to his own family. Blue

However, , creating Little House TV world he helped many people to prize family high values. I think that's great and we can't said he failed in his giving of love.

Vanesa.

article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon)   article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:28 pm

Well said david.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353
Mood : article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon)   article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 10:52 pm

I can't imagine life in the public eye. He probably did have fans expecting him to be like Charles Ingalls. He even said he wasn't squeaky clean and was no saint. As I said, I will always admire him for the shows he did. He was a gifted actor, writter, director and producer. He will always be my favorite actor. He may have left this world, but he will live on through his shows.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon)   article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 7:06 am

It was easier to some degree in the "olden days" before Internet and tabloids to keep some mystery, but it doesn't mean it's always good.
If actors drank a lot, Spencer Tracy comes to mind, it wasn't thought of as "needed information", people wanted to see him act. His affair, some talk, but again, it was separate. Not so much today.
People assumed Fred McMurray for instance for very close to his 3 sons on TV (My Three Sons show) and he was nice but more introverted they said, and many scenes were filmed without him there because he golfed a lot. They would put his scenes in later talking to them and split the camera shots. It doesn't change the show, but the images you get of everyone sitting around sharing meals and life wasn't accurate.
Michael was close to many on his set, kept them in line the way he should, but his other side, the one not like his character existed, but even if it wasn't what other people would want, it didn't in any way take away from the magic he did behind the camera.

We all have our demons, even him and his addiction to cigarettes and alcohol and maybe even the area he worked in, might have helped end his life prematurely, but the legacy he left behind will live on and that is more than other actors today can say.

I miss his TV...I grew up with Mr. Rogers and shows that showed goodness and morals...what is like that today?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62609
Mood : article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon)   article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 8:17 am

Very well said. article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 70708
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon)   article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:55 am

You know that's very true.Very well said again.

Sorry for going off topic in this.The actor Bob S Who played Danny tanner in full house wasn't at all like his character he played either.I heard he didn't really want to do the show but he did it for the money.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon)   article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

article on Michael' death (interview with Cindy Landon)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2