Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published

Go down 
+7
Vanesa
Joe
bethandmanly
Gin
Krissy
LIWnut
Honeybee
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565
Mood : Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Bokmal10

Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Empty
PostSubject: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:25 pm

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Yahoo, this is one very happy LHOP librarian!

Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published MarilynKeeper Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Honeybee
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Honeybee

Number of posts : 3565

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 5:35 am

I'm excited, too. One year to go. I can't wait, to read it. I wish,it was June 2013 already.

wootwoot
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:18 am

cool. Thumbsup

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:39 am

There is always room for one more Laura book.

Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 5:37 pm

I just heard about this too. Wasn't Pioneer Girl online for free for a while?

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 7:01 pm

This should be instersting to read!! Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 7:13 pm

Cheryl, I believe it was the pioneer girl manuscript?

Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 8:43 pm

I have a copy of Pioneer Girl manuscript that was transcribed by a research friend of mine in 1996. I have it on my iPad and plan to read it over the next month before Laurapbalooza on July 14th.

Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published MarilynKeeper Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Joe
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Joe

Number of posts : 875
Mood : Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Innoce10

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:07 pm

First Mark Twain now Laura???? Smiley Hug

"Willie, were you or were you not looking at the corsett ads in the catalogue?" - Nels

Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Pbucket
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 11:49 pm

Hey! What a good new! I'm looking for the very moment in which this book will be published...I want to read it NOW! grinsmiley

Vanesa.

Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374

PostSubject: LAURA INGALLS WILDER   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 6:04 pm

July 3, 2012 1:00 pm

‘Little House on the Prairie’ Author’s Autobiography Published for First Time Ever

‘Little House on the Prairie’ Author’s Autobiography Published for First Time Ever
Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Laura10

Laura Ingalls Wilder. Source: National Archives

Fangirls and boys of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Little House on the Prairie series know that the “fictional” account of the frontier life of a little girl named “Laura” is at least somewhat based on reality. But next summer, they will be able to find out if truth is better than fiction: for the first time, the author’s autobiography Pioneer Girl will be published.

Pamela Smith Hill, who’s editing and annotating the book, told The Rapid City Journal:

“We’re going to publish the original draft … because it gets us very, very close to Laura Ingalls Wilder’s original voice,” Hill said. She acknowledges that, like any writer, Wilder might “cringe to have her rough draft published.”

The book was first written in 1930 but never found its way into print directly — too boring, more than one publisher said. Much of the material was repurposed for the Little House series, the first installment of which came out in 1932. Laura’s daughter, Rose Wilder, had a hand in shaping the Little House series, notes The New Yorker:

[Rose] did some minor tinkering with “Pioneer Girl,” but, once it was decided to fictionalize the memoir as a children’s story—the idea had come from an editor who rejected the memoir—she took a more aggressive role. It varied in intensity from book to book, but she dutifully typed up the manuscript pages, and, in the process, reshaped and heightened the dramatic structure. She also rewrote the prose so drastically that Laura sometimes felt usurped. “A good bit of the detail that I add to your copy is for pure sensory effect,” Rose explained in a letter.

Now readers will be able to see exactly how much Rose pumped up her mother’s prose.

More from Smithsonian.com:

Happy Birthday, Laura Ingalls Wilder

Fangirls and boys of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s Little House on the Prairie series know that the “fictional” account of the frontier life of a little girl named “Laura” is at least somewhat based on reality. But next summer, they will be able to find out if truth is better than fiction: for the first time, the author’s autobiography Pioneer Girl will be published.

Pamela Smith Hill, who’s editing and annotating the book, told The Rapid City Journal:

“We’re going to publish the original draft … because it gets us very, very close to Laura Ingalls Wilder’s original voice,” Hill said. She acknowledges that, like any writer, Wilder might “cringe to have her rough draft published.”

The book was first written in 1930 but never found its way into print directly — too boring, more than one publisher said. Much of the material was repurposed for the Little House series, the first installment of which came out in 1932. Laura’s daughter, Rose Wilder, had a hand in shaping the Little House series, notes The New Yorker:

[Rose] did some minor tinkering with “Pioneer Girl,” but, once it was decided to fictionalize the memoir as a children’s story—the idea had come from an editor who rejected the memoir—she took a more aggressive role. It varied in intensity from book to book, but she dutifully typed up the manuscript pages, and, in the process, reshaped and heightened the dramatic structure. She also rewrote the prose so drastically that Laura sometimes felt usurped. “A good bit of the detail that I add to your copy is for pure sensory effect,” Rose explained in a letter.

Now readers will be able to see exactly how much Rose pumped up her mother’s prose.

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 1:20 am

This is a MUST in my Laura Ingalls Wilder collection. It sounds really intersting and I'd been wanting to have it among my books since I began to read about Mrs. Ingalls life and time...

Thanks to write about it, David, you are a dear! Thumbsup

An talking about Laura, I've always loved the pic you posted above. Laura looks really beatiful in it...Her eyes were very special. They were in a very special shade of blue,and her daughter Rose wrote that when our Half-Pint was angry, her eyes would look PURPLE! OhMy

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 8:45 am

That pic was with the article, and to be honest, I was rather surprised how pretty she was.
I'm not a real big Laura follower, but I plan on reading that bio - think it will be interesting, even if Albert isn't around!
David
Thumbsup

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 12:25 am

For me, Laura was the prettiest of the four Ingalls girls.

If you read this bio, you'll like Laura a lot. She was a remarkable woman, indeed. Smile

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:45 am

I'M not a big Laura follower either.The book does look intersting tho.In that picture she looked very pretty!.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:21 am

Well Krissy, you and I will have to read it and compare notes!
We can do a book report on here, one from the female point of view
and one from the male point of view!

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:32 am

Smile haha ya.If i get a copy of it.

Pictures taken during that time.People always seemed to look so serious.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 10:38 am

I'll buy a copy, and when I finish it, Ill send it to you!

Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:09 pm

That's very nice of you.But you don't have to do that.

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 3:32 pm

I heard about this a little while ago now. I am really looking forward to this one.

Vanesa wrote:
For me, Laura was the prettiest of the four Ingalls girls.

If you read this bio, you'll like Laura a lot. She was a remarkable woman, indeed. Smile

Vanesa.
I always thought she was, too. In fact, I thought Almanzo was so nice-looking. And I think they made such a good-looking couple. And Rose, I always thought she was so pretty, too. I guess she was just the right combination of Laura and Almanzo. Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:01 pm

You can keep up with the process of publishing this book at the website http://pioneergirlproject.org/ I love watching the videos posted there. Can't wait til next June.

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptySat Sep 22, 2012 4:27 pm

Thanks for that link. I will definitely be checking that out later. Maybe as soon as I get off of here.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Susie
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
Susie

Number of posts : 305
Mood : Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyMon Oct 15, 2012 8:05 am

LIWnut wrote:
Yahoo, this is one very happy LHOP librarian!

Me too! greenS

He doesn't always answer in the way that we want, but in a way He thinks is best for each of us.
Back to top Go down
Jannki8
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Laura Ingalls already wrote her books :). no Need to dissect   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published EmptyWed Apr 26, 2023 7:35 am

Davetucson wrote:

Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Laura10

Laura Ingalls Wilder. Source: National Archives

No one knows her and she’s already written her books
So stop dissecting and just enjoy her and little house stories are fictional but I love them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published   Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published Empty

Back to top Go down

Laura Ingalls Wilder autobiography to be published
Page 1 of 1