Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Baby Number Seventeen!

Go down 
+22
Teresa
Amy
Lori
JW
emilyanneoftheprairie
Rob
Vanesa
Misti
Prairie Dweller
Savannah
RoseRed
bethandmanly
ChristinaAL
HarrisonCrosby4387
LHDaisy
LM
Carol
Debbie
Melissa
Lily
LIWnut
Rhonda
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Vianne10

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 9:44 pm

Susie wrote:
Lily wrote:
I will not be able to remember all of their names, on top of that, all have the same initials. OhMy

Congratulations to the Duggars on baby #17.

I just thought of something. I usually say the other boys name before I get the right one I'm wanting. Just think of the Duggars.....Hey Josh wait John..I mean Joe or did I want James.ROTFL

Sounds like me. LOL I'll have to put a pic next to their names on my list. :haha:

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 10:59 pm

:Hahaha:

One of the men at my church told me that his father had named all three of his sons similar sounding names. His reason was that he didn't want to have to call all of them. He figured if he called one, they'd all come because the names sounded so much alike: Tom, Don, and John. grinsmiley

It's probably just me.......but I'd find it annoying to have seventeen immediate family members ALL having the same beginning initial. :unsure: I don't have any idea why......I guess it would just get old for me. C'mon, there are 25 lonely, rejected little members of the alphabet, just waiting for their turn to come! batEyes
Back to top Go down
Misti
Red Hummingbird
Red Hummingbird
Misti

Number of posts : 4112

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 11:30 pm

Quote :
Less than 30 minutes after giving birth, the Duggars already were talking of having more. Michelle Duggar says the family would "love to have more" and "love the ruffles and lace."

Maybe I'm just being sensitive, but can't they spend a little time and just enjoy the kids they have and the joy of their new little one after her birth instead of talking about having more?

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 HummerBaby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 MistiKeeperBaby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Bookclub5Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Rose
"I would fight for you - I'd lie for you - walk the wire for you - ya I'd die for you..."
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2007 11:36 pm

More!? And they speak there are problems with natality issue! ROTFL

Vanesa.

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 8:06 am

Misti wrote:
[Maybe I'm just being sensitive, but can't they spend a little time and just enjoy the kids they have and the joy of their new little one after her birth instead of talking about having more?

Really! They're like compulsive shoppers. What's the most important purchase? The next one! Huh?
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

Number of posts : 3538

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 9:41 am

i watch them on T.V. all the time! i love it! i didn't know that she was excpetcting #17 they first came on t.v. 14 children and preganant again and then 16 children and moving in was their latest one! well go Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar!
~*emilyanne*~

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Ifyou
I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Cute-2
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 9:42 am

My Mom's Onkel and Aunt had 17 Children them Selfs But 3 Died as Infants so the 14 and i think they 10 Boys and 4 Girls and My Mom has 11 Sibling and my Dad 10 and thees friends of mine they have i think they are 14 they live in Mexico and Believe me it's fun With a Big Family Me and My Brother had to sleep in one my sisters in another 4 Boys in one room was a little bit full but the Fuller the house is the more fun it get

Carol You Talk about having time to watch tv You Get along great with out it For The Longest time We did't have a TV in Mexico never needed it and now that we had one we only watch on Week ends other wise we did't have the Time and

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Jacobk10Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 11:04 am

Rhonda wrote:
Michelle Duggars says the family would "love to have more" and "love the ruffles and lace."

:faint2: My goodness...

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 3:59 pm

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Untitledgg
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 4:17 pm

wow i was watching Discovery Channel and she had # 17 her name is Jennifer!

http://health.discovery.com/convergence/duggars/duggarfamily.html that is a link to see the stuff about the Duggar family its really cool!

I want to be the best, so whatever comes with that, I’ll have to accept. ~Sidney Crosby
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2007 7:15 pm

Susie wrote:
Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Untitledgg

Awww, wook at those widdle lips!! lol How cute!

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 9:22 pm

Look at the Duggar house. I found this slide show of it. Amazing!!!!!

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Untitled-8

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Clickplease

Last edited by on Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lily
"Beautiful Life"
Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 LilyRank2
Lily

Number of posts : 6784
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Vianne10

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2007 9:47 pm

Everything seems organized and in order. It's a beautiful house I have to say. The picture with the kids playing the violins looks so cute!!

"Within the heart of every stray, lies the singular desire to be loved."
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2007 2:53 pm

What a house!

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
emilyanneoftheprairie
Sid's Girl
Sid's Girl

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2007 2:09 pm

wow! nice house!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 11:10 am

Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar announce #18 is on the way!!!

"We are so grateful to God to announce that Michelle is expecting our 18th child, due in January of 2009!"
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 11:28 am

:faint2:

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Jacobk10Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 11:46 am

Wow. I missed this thread...where the heck was I last year?! :think:

Well, I've caught up on the entire subject. I must say, I'm in absolute agreement with every word Rose Red has said. I did see the Duggars on TLC and it's impossible not to like them. They are a neat family, so this is not 'personal.' I'm not going to go into great detail---it's a contraversial subject---but felt the need to give support to what Rose Red was saying (not sure if she's even here anymore?, haven't seen her in awhile)...anyway, I agree with her that it's simply irresponsible to the planet as a whole, and I agree with her statement regarding adoption. I have much more respect for the couples that have house-loads of kids who were in foster care. I'm sorry, I just simply cannot go along with this.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 11:52 am

I saw them make the announcement that they were expecting...........again...........a couple of weeks ago on the Today Show. The whole family was there.

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
flatbroke
Man of Constant Sorrow
Man of Constant Sorrow
flatbroke

Number of posts : 2648
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Party010

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 12:00 pm

I'm not reading the whole thread, but I know danged good and well I'm not taking the blame for this one....
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 12:07 pm

I love big families, within reason...BUT....Honestly, how much time can each child have with Mom and Dad in this situation? I think back on the precious moments my Mom and I spent with each of our babies, and if we'd have 17 other children to take care of, there's no way we could have had those special moments. I know that a lot of times, older children are put in charge of some of the younger ones, to help out. But, that isn't the same as having time with MOM. (Whether "Mom" is biological, adoptive, Grandma or an Aunt)

*Edited because I really DO know how to spell. It just didn't look that way. Besides.......Rob is on duty today.

Larry!! :Hahaha:

Last edited by Savannah on Fri May 23, 2008 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62610
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 12:28 pm

Savannah wrote:
*Edited because I really DO know how to spell. It just didn't look that way. Besides.......Rob is on duty today.

:1053: Missed it! Rats!

I must've been napping. Yeaahh, that's it... napping. :drinking:

batEyes
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 12:47 pm

Rob wrote:
Savannah wrote:

:1053: Missed it! Rats!

*whew!* That was close.
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 1:24 pm

Susie wrote:
Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar announce #18 is on the way!!!

"We are so grateful to God to announce that Michelle is expecting our 18th child, due in January of 2009!"

All I can say is I'm glad I'm not a Duggar ... :BatHit:

The Duggars seem to me now some attention grabbing people. The announcement on TV of their 18th child is proof of that. And are they really thinking about the kids when they name them all starting with a letter J? No, they are thinking of themselves.

It's selfish for them to announce that it's #18. If they love the Lord so much, why don't they adopt a child who REALLY needs help and hope. Don't they have compassion and think of the mothers who can't have babies and here is Michelle announcing her 18th? A kid who will live in a humongous house and travel places while TLC or the Discovery channel video tapes them.

The Duggars get a lot of donations and heard that they recently applied for their 7,000 sq. ft. home to be a church for tax-exempt status mad

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Horses10
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 3:39 pm

I love the Dugger family and I'm not passing any judgement on them. If God gives children, then to Him be the glory.

Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 MarilynKeeper Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby Number Seventeen!   Baby Number Seventeen! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Baby Number Seventeen!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next