Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

'Little House' actors to appear at Laura Ingalls Wilder Days

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : 'Little House' actors to appear at Laura Ingalls Wilder Days Bokmal10

'Little House' actors to appear at Laura Ingalls Wilder Days Empty
PostSubject: 'Little House' actors to appear at Laura Ingalls Wilder Days   'Little House' actors to appear at Laura Ingalls Wilder Days EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 10:00 am

MUMFORD -- The writings of one of the most popular writers of 19th century frontier life will be celebrated this weekend during Laura Ingalls Wilder Days at Genesee Country Village & Museum, 1410 Flint Hill Rd.

From pounding corn and churning butter to creating corn husk dolls or running sack races, the historic village will be alive Saturday and Sunday with activities that a young Laura (or Almanzo) would have experienced.
Special guests include Charlotte Stewart, who portrayed teacher "Miss Beadle" in more than 40 episodes of the television series "Little House on the Prairie" and Lucy Lee Flippin, who played "Eliza Jane Wilder," Laura's teacher and Almanzo's sister, during the last seasons of the show.The guest actresses will host an informal half-hour presentation where they will talk about what is was like to work on the "Little House" set.

Both will be available for twice-a-day autograph sessions. Autographs are limited to 100 signatures per session. Visitors must pre-register and purchase a ticket ($5 for autograph per item purchased at the museum and $10 per item brought from home). Tickets include the signatures of both actresses.

Leading Laura Ingalls Wilder expert, author and historian William Anderson will speak each day about his years of research. Also on hand will be Laura Ingalls Wilder impersonator Melanie Stringer.

A Victorian Ladies' Fashion Show will include the history of the bustle and how it was worn as well as other undergarments, head coverings and generally what women of Laura's time period would have been wearing.

There will also be the traditional children's fashion promenade with all children dressed in historic clothing as well as an afternoon group photo opportunity with "Miss Beadle" and "Miss Wilder" outside the Red Schoolhouse.

Admission is: adults $16.50; youth (4-16) $10.50, seniors 62+ & students with ID $13.50, children under 3 admitted free.

For more information call (585) 538-6822 or visit www.gcv.org .
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1053

'Little House' actors to appear at Laura Ingalls Wilder Days Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Little House' actors to appear at Laura Ingalls Wilder Days   'Little House' actors to appear at Laura Ingalls Wilder Days EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 6:30 pm

That sounds neat, they never have these things on the east coast. I would like to meet Charlotte Stewart but I wouldn't go just for that and a half hour is a short time for questions.

The fashion show should be fun, I had my picture taken once in that garb at a fair and still like it...don't know if I'd like it everyday but it was fun to try on things.
Back to top Go down

'Little House' actors to appear at Laura Ingalls Wilder Days
Page 1 of 1