HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

Tony Scott - Director of "Top Gun"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 8793
Mood :

PostSubject: Tony Scott - Director of "Top Gun"   Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:31 am

8/20/12
Scott passed away at the age of 68 in an apparent suicide, with the Los Angeles coroner stating he jumped from the Vincent Thomas Bridge near Long Beach, California. His body was found in the water four hours later.

After hearing the sad news, an array of Hollywood stars took to Twitter.com to pay tribute to the filmmaker.

Fellow director and producer Ron Howard writes, "No more Tony Scott movies. Tragic day", and actor Elijah Wood adds, "Awful news about Tony Scott. Rest in peace."

The Good Wife star Josh Charles writes, "I'm deeply shocked and saddened by the news of Tony Scott's death and my thoughts and prayers are with his family tonight."

The Lord of the Rings actor Dominic Monaghan quoted Scott's movie Beverly Hills Cop II, writing, "'I didn't... understand what you said' - my favorite moment from Beverly Hills Cop", and actress/model Elizabeth Hurley adds, "What unbelievably sad news about Tony Scott. Such a talented film maker. I went rock climbing with him once & he was enormous fun. RIP."

Scott was the brother of fellow director Ridley Scott and helmed a string of hit action movies including Enemy of the State, Days of Thunder, Top Gun and True Romance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37800
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Tony Scott - Director of "Top Gun"   Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:56 am

That's so sad

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Tony Scott - Director of "Top Gun"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1