Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HAL DAVID DIES

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : HAL DAVID DIES Bokmal10

HAL DAVID DIES Empty
PostSubject: HAL DAVID DIES   HAL DAVID DIES EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 11:20 am

NEW YORK) -- Legendary songwriter Hal David, who with Burt Bacharach wrote some of pop music's most enduring classics, has died, the Songwriters Hall of Fame has confirmed. He was 91. He passed away at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles from complications from a stroke.

With Bacharach, David scored his first success with "The Story of My Life," for country singer Marty Robbins. They went on to pen hits for Perry Como, Gene Pitney and Bobby Vinton, but when they teamed with a young vocalist named Dionne Warwick in 1962, they created musical magic. Their string of hits for Warwick included “Don’t Make Me Over,” “Anyone Who Had a Heart,” “Walk on By,” “A House Is Not a Home,” “I Say a Little Prayer,” “Message to Michael,” “Do You Know the Way to San Jose,” Alfie” and “I’ll Never Fall in Love Again.”

Other legendary tunes penned by David and Bacharach include the #1 Oscar-winning hit "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head," recorded by B.J. Thomas for the movie Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid; "What the World Needs Now Is Love" by Jackie DeShannon, "This Guy's in Love with You" by Herb Alpert, 'What's New Pussycat" by Tom Jones and “(They Long to Be) Close to You,” by The Carpenters.
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : HAL DAVID DIES Headac10

HAL DAVID DIES Empty
PostSubject: Re: HAL DAVID DIES   HAL DAVID DIES EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 9:11 pm

R.I.P Blue

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down

HAL DAVID DIES
Page 1 of 1