Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My favorites!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : My favorites! Happy010

My favorites! Empty
PostSubject: My favorites!   My favorites! EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 12:54 pm

Hi everyone. I love this topic! Anyway, I have such a wide variety of favorites, it'll take me forever! Well, these are them.

First of all, I'm sorry to say, I can't stand today's music. It's very depressing, and disappointing to real music fans! The only group I really, really like from today is Lady Antebellum. I think they're fantastic! I HATE rap, hip-hop, and what Miami's favorite music seems to be nowadays, REGETON. I'm not even sure I spelled that right! LOL

My favorite music is mostly from the 80's and the 70's. I do also love 60's and even quite a lot of 50's. I even like some of the classic Spanish stuff. Music was ALWAYS playing in my house growing up, so it's something I really, really love. I can listen to anything...but my favorite is CLASSIC ROCK. I also love 80's "hair" metal, 80's and 70's pop in general, 70's DISCO (I told you I listen to a very wide variety!), Motown, etc.

I love way too many artists too mention, but among my favorites are the Beatles (absolutely the best, imo), Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Journey, Monkees (I just mentioned them on another post about them here, etc). Oh, there are too many! I can be listening to someone like Motley Crue one minute; then Barry Manillow the next! lol I'm also excited to see a great concert next month: Journey/Pat Benatar/Loverboy. I love all 3 acts and it's going to be a fantastic show!

So what are your favorites?

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : My favorites! Happy011

My favorites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My favorites!   My favorites! EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 7:39 pm

I am not a fan of most of todays music either. I like anything from classical to the 50s to early 90s. I to feel the Beatles are the best. They are the reason I am so into music.

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : My favorites! Headac10

My favorites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My favorites!   My favorites! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:31 pm

I hate most of the music that is popular today. Laughing i like
Ace of base
BSB
Nsync
Kerli

Ellie Goulding
avril
simple plan

stuff like that

i

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : My favorites! Happy010

My favorites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My favorites!   My favorites! EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:42 pm

How can they actually call that stuff they play today "music" anyway? Oh Lord, I sound like my parents now! scratchead
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : My favorites! Indiff10

My favorites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My favorites!   My favorites! EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 8:13 pm

Oh, music. Should I really get started on what I like? I don't think I would ever shut up then. greenS

There is very few music that I like nowadays. And what I do like, I REALLY like. I guess anyone that would be considered "current" (let's say that will be people from circa 2000 and on), I really only like Matchbox Twenty, Maroon 5 (I liked them before they became big - and that happened the moment I saw them open for Matchbox Twenty back in '03) and Backstreet Boys. Yes, I do LOVE the Backstreet Boys. Always have. I won't deny it! grinsmiley

I always felt that music really went downhill in the 90's. The crazy thing is that when I think of a song that I really liked (not by the 3 that were mentioned above) from the 1990's up to the present, it was generally by a musical artist that has been around for years now (i.e. Prince, George Michael, Paul McCartney, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Lisa Stansfield, et.c.). It is like the only people I can like "current" music of, or who I feel makes a halfway decent song, are people from the "past" (basically, 1995 and before).

I am a HUGE music fan. And whenever I get asked what kind of music I like, I am generally given a negative reaction because my answer really is "Pretty much anything". Basically, I like anything that has a good melody and/or a decent beat. Also, a pleasant sounding voice is pretty important to me.

For "styles" of music, I do really like 80's pop and r&b (I am very much a product of the 80's - I know it). I love disco. I really like classic rock 'n roll. I am obsessed with swing, big band and standards. I LOVE classical music. But my biggest obsession is show music. Both movie musicals and stage. I love it just way too much.

When it comes to classical music, NOBODY is Mozart. With Big Band, it is definitely Glenn Miller. And for musicals, I do really love Andrew Lloyd Webber. I am also a huge fan of Stephen Sondheim and Lerner and Lowe shows. For singers/bands, well, I guess you look at who is named in the first two paragraphs. Smile Besidse those people, I LOVE The Beatles. They are my favorite band. For others that I REALLY like, I will also say Vic Damone (the crooner that is my great love of loves when it comes to music), Buddy Holly, The Monkees, The Jacksons (I like them better than the Jackson 5 - they are the same but they are different!), Queen, Elvis, Ricky Nelson, Ella Fitzgerald, Sinatra, Dean Martin, Neil Diamond, Jim Croce, Michael Feinstein, Genesis (and Phil Collins), Nat 'King' Cole, Andy Williams, Gordon MacRae, Jack Jones, Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme, Sammy Davis Jr, Bobby Darin, The Bee Gees, The Beach Boys, Kool and the Gang, and so on and so forth.

I will stop the list here, but I think it is obvious that I like a lot and a lot more that I didn't mention now. Smile

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My favorites! Empty
PostSubject: Re: My favorites!   My favorites! Empty

Back to top Go down

My favorites!
Page 1 of 1