Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Michael Clarke Duncan dies

Go down 
+3
Krissy
Rhonda
Rob
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Michael Clarke Duncan dies Goodsi10

Michael Clarke Duncan dies Empty
PostSubject: Michael Clarke Duncan dies   Michael Clarke Duncan dies EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 6:59 pm

He was best known for his role as John Coffey, a hulking death row inmate with the gift of healing, in The Green Mile. He suffered a heart attack in July, and passed away today at age 54.

Michael Clarke Duncan dies 1342518_michael-clarke-duncan-zelena-mila
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Michael Clarke Duncan dies Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Michael Clarke Duncan dies   Michael Clarke Duncan dies EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:32 pm

So sad....he was a big ol' Teddy Bear.....my condolences to his family..... Blue

Michael Clarke Duncan dies Rhonda10Michael Clarke Duncan dies Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45733
Mood : Michael Clarke Duncan dies Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Michael Clarke Duncan dies   Michael Clarke Duncan dies EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:43 pm

Blue RIP

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Michael Clarke Duncan dies Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Michael Clarke Duncan dies   Michael Clarke Duncan dies EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 7:50 pm

I can't believe it! I thought that surely he must be getting better, after being hospitalized. I wonder what exactly went wrong. No

Green Mile ranks way up there on my favorite movie list. And Michael was SO good in it...he really should have won the Oscar for it.

54 is far too young. bawling
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Michael Clarke Duncan dies Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Michael Clarke Duncan dies   Michael Clarke Duncan dies EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 8:11 pm

It's a true classic, Amy...

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Michael Clarke Duncan dies Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Michael Clarke Duncan dies   Michael Clarke Duncan dies EmptyMon Sep 03, 2012 9:58 pm

That's awful. He must have been in tough shape. Prayers going up now.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Kamberley
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kamberley

Number of posts : 628
Mood : Michael Clarke Duncan dies Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Michael Clarke Duncan dies   Michael Clarke Duncan dies EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:21 pm

I was very surprised to see he was engaged to Omarosa from The Apprentice. Yikes

My heart goes out to his family 54 is far to young to pass away.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Michael Clarke Duncan dies Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Michael Clarke Duncan dies   Michael Clarke Duncan dies EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 10:05 am

A private funeral for the late actor Michael Clarke Duncan will be held Monday, a day after friends and fans gathered for a public memorial.

A large crowd turned out Sunday for a public viewing of Duncan's casket at the Hall of Liberty in Forest Lawn Park in Los Angeles.

There was also a viewing on a screen of "The Green Mile," the film that made Duncan a star.

"He was an incredible actor, an incredible talent, but at the same time he was just an incredible human being," said friend Bobby Hernandez. "He's somebody that has probably the biggest heart I've ever met and probably the most genuine person I've ever met."

Duncan died at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center on Sept. 3 after nearly two months of treatment following a heart attack. He was 54.

Duncan was hospitalized after suffering a myocardial infarction on July 13.

He was moved from the intensive care unit nearly a month later in August but remained in the hospital.

Coroner's officials said there was nothing to suggest officials needed to review the case.

Officials noted that Duncan had had heart problems and was under medical care. In such cases, it is normal for the doctor to sign the death certificate without any review by the coroner.

In the days since Duncan's death, a growing memorial with flowers, candles, notes and cards has appeared outside his Woodland Hills home.

Friends say that the man with a big smile and an even bigger heart was unaffected by his success, and never let fame go to his head.

"He was always willing to help the next person. He was just that kind of guy," friend Kiyano La'Vin said Sunday

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Clarke Duncan dies   Michael Clarke Duncan dies Empty

Back to top Go down

Michael Clarke Duncan dies
Page 1 of 1