Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The inside of the ingalls homestead

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mikkel
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 5

home - The inside of the ingalls homestead Empty
PostSubject: The inside of the ingalls homestead   home - The inside of the ingalls homestead EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:19 pm

Is it true the interior shots of LHOTP were not made at charles ingalls homestead at big sky movie ranch?If that is right, does someone know how was the inside of charles homestead like? was it the same as the one at paramount studios?
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : home - The inside of the ingalls homestead Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: The inside of the ingalls homestead   home - The inside of the ingalls homestead EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 3:49 pm

The Same

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

Number of posts : 1056

PostSubject: Re: The inside of the ingalls homestead   home - The inside of the ingalls homestead EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 7:43 am

Sometimes I can tell now, the scenes by the door are at the ranch, looking into the window at them eating dinner or upstairs, but the very interior shots around the table, etc., at the studio.
That is when matching up clothes, hair, etc becomes important, but most of the time, mistakes aren't noticed unless you watch it numerous times. They did a good job considering scenes couldn't flow one into another.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: The inside of the ingalls homestead   home - The inside of the ingalls homestead EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 9:44 am

Same goes for restaurant, school, mercantile, barn, Laura's House, etc. All were duplicated on a soundstage. Certain shots when the door is opened you can tell by the scenery.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: The inside of the ingalls homestead   home - The inside of the ingalls homestead EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:09 pm

The mercantile I never noticed as much. You can see people outside and the buildings when the people in the scene are looking around. I thought maybe they just set up cameras on the side of the store not being used in the scene...that they did well, never noticed.
I did notice they cut scenes in the church as they got toward the door and the barn, again, I figured they just had cameras in there since it was large.

I suppose it was easier to do it on a sound stage since a lot more equipment was probably needed than it seems to an untrained eye.
Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: Re: The inside of the ingalls homestead   home - The inside of the ingalls homestead EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:16 pm

You are right, they shot scenes in the Mercantile but also had a set on a soundstage.
Look out the windows in church sometime and you can tell it was scenery on a soundstage.

Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: The inside of the ingalls homestead   home - The inside of the ingalls homestead EmptySun Sep 09, 2012 1:20 pm

I will, one of the advantages of seeing shows you've seen before, is catching other things you missed, background people (that's so and so) or props, mistakes, etc.
Back to top Go down
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
littlehouselover

PostSubject: Re: The inside of the ingalls homestead   home - The inside of the ingalls homestead EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 6:04 am

I watched There's No Place Like Home last night, Hallmark had the longer specials on and saw the scene with Mr. Hanson looking out the window as they rang the bell. As stated by a fan, his hair out the window (probably filmed at Simi Valley) was perfectly combed, when he pulled it in, it was very messy..probably at the sound stage.

I loved that show, everyone pulling together, seeing even Mrs. Oleson look choked up as Mr. Hanson walked to church.

Back to top Go down
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

PostSubject: No Place Like Home   home - The inside of the ingalls homestead EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 10:05 am

The episode was aired on October 16, 1978. He was obviously not well when he filmed it

He died of a heart attack in Torrington, Connecticut on October 8, 1978, 8 days before the airing of "There's No Place Like Home Two" . He was interred at Center Cemetery in New Milford, Connecticut nearly 34 years ago. His final performance was certainly a good one......As a side note, you can see Karl's wife, Joan Thompkins in "The Barn Burner", she played Judd Larrabee's wife. She passed in 2005.

Karl Swenson
home - The inside of the ingalls homestead Karl_s10

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: The inside of the ingalls homestead   home - The inside of the ingalls homestead EmptyWed Sep 26, 2012 12:33 am

Karl Swenson was such a great actor! He was PERFECTS in his performance at "Angry Bids" by Hitchcock. thud

Vanesa,

home - The inside of the ingalls homestead Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The inside of the ingalls homestead   home - The inside of the ingalls homestead Empty

Back to top Go down

The inside of the ingalls homestead
Page 1 of 1