HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

MG on ET

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19930
Mood :

PostSubject: MG on ET   Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:32 pm

Melissa Gilbert is on ET (Entertainment Tonight) tonight (show that is on right now) discussing her past addictions and her life now.....I think CBS..... scratchead

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37800
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Darn it.i missed it.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6

Number of posts : 2527
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Here is the link.

http://www.etonline.com/news/125224_Melissa_Gilbert_Opens_Up_About_Past_Addiction/index.html

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:33 pm

Thanks

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5178
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:20 am

Hahaha....When I read the title of the thread I thought that Melissa Gilbert had been in the movie "E.T"...The one with little Drew Barrymore. laugh3 Laughing

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 8793
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:32 pm

Rhonda wrote:
Melissa Gilbert is on ET (Entertainment Tonight) tonight (show that is on right now) discussing her past addictions and her life now.....I think CBS..... scratchead

Its a sure bet she won't talk about anyone else........

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1010

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:49 pm

Wasn't that covered in her book? Well, I can miss it. I read Maureen McCormick's, a 3.00 buy at Goodwill and almost couldn't finish it. Enough of the addictions and drama...it's depressing. They had so much more than most, but like poor, middle-class and rich, they chose to party. Nothing seems to make people like this happy, it's like a hole that can't be filled. I know alcohol can be genetic, but taking coke, etc was a choice. I also don't think airing dirty laundry for money is such a great idea, maybe their kids don't care, the life they live is not Mr. Rogers, but still....I'd be careful what I said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor

Number of posts : 19930
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:19 pm

She had a drinking problem and it came shortly after LHOTP ended and she had problems with it....She kicked her drinking habit and is now teaching kids to live a life without booze....one of her boys has problems with drinking and the other has his own demons to fight. They wanted to know if she was tempted to start up again when she got hurt while on Dancing with the Stars.....Marilyn posted the clip above..... Thumbsup

CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2016-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Lohan would make a nice addition to the family............

Former child star MELISSA GILBERT has offered fellow red-head LINDSAY LOHAN sanctuary at her home as the MEAN GIRLS star fights another drama following an alleged hit-and-run incident in New York.

The former Little House on the Prairie star insists she's one of the few people who can appreciate what Lohan is going through as she transitions from child star to movie actress - and she wants to help.

Gilbert, a two-term president of the Screen Actors Guild, tells news show Entertainment Tonight, "I want to sort of pick her up and take her to my house and have her live with me for three months... (I'd say) 'I was you; I've been there. Let's fix this now'.
"I get very upset and protective (towards Lohan)."

Lohan has been in and out of trouble in recent years, leading to spells in jail and in rehab.

Police are currently investigating reports suggesting she hit a man while attempting to gain entrance to an underground parking garage.

The actress has been caught up in a few car-related dramas in recent months and she totalled her sportscar in Los Angeles earlier this summer (12) when she was involved in an accident on the Pacific Coast Highway

Read more: http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/entertainment/celebrity/Melissa-Gilbert-I-want-to-take-Lindsay-Lohan-home-with-me_88545637#ixzz27K38SWLG

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:00 pm

I hope that girl gets help before it's too late..

I read Maureen McCormick's book..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:40 pm

I think it might be worse when you are an addict and famous, people will give you free drugs just to have you party with them and later, when you are not so famous, you are on your own.

No matter how much fame, money and the ability to help many people, are given to so many in Hollywood, they crash and burn, starve themselves for attention, drink, smoke, snort, drive drunk, get pregnant, the only difference between them and the guy at Walmart is the guy at Walmart doesn't get the attention and coddling many of them do.
So sad, but it does show, it's not the money that makes them happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:22 pm

So true.Sad but yeah

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:26 pm

Too bad she wasn't as protective about her BROTHER like she is with Lohan.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Praire Girl
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Lohan is more famous, makes news.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:14 pm

Well said!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 3280
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:37 pm

True...according to her book, she doesn't even know where her brother is. I bet she STILL doesn't!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 5178
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:59 pm

Davetucson wrote:
Too bad she wasn't as protective about her BROTHER like she is with Lohan.

So true, Dave.. Blue

Vanesa.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jacintapichimahuida.obolog.com
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:26 am

I find it hard to believe, but understand people can "drop out of the world" at times, that with money and the Internet and private detectives, anyone is really lost, especially if they are working. I'm hoping she meant "don't know, don't care' because that means the whole family doesn't know, which is sad without knowing any other details. I don't think past details were true, just a way to defer fans, but again, don't really know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13370
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:04 am

Praire Girl wrote:
I think it might be worse when you are an addict and famous, people will give you free drugs just to have you party with them and later, when you are not so famous, you are on your own.

No matter how much fame, money and the ability to help many people, are given to so many in Hollywood, they crash and burn, starve themselves for attention, drink, smoke, snort, drive drunk, get pregnant, the only difference between them and the guy at Walmart is the guy at Walmart doesn't get the attention and coddling many of them do.
So sad, but it does show, it's not the money that makes them happy.

This is really well said, Prairie Girl. I couldn't agree more.

I 'get' that Melissa thinks she can relate with Lohan, but really? The true height of Melissa's career was really when she was a child and young teen....Little House was beginning to flounder a bit once she was in her older teens. Yes, she was dating Rob Lowe later on, but even I was not all that interested in her by that point. And then she became a "TV movie" actress. Celebrities were just not in the spotlight back in 'my day' as they are now. I don't think she has a clue what it's actually like to be Lindsay Lohan, in 2012. We all have choices to make, and Lindsay is making hers. I am sure there are plenty of people who care about her who feel protective of her and have tried to help her and offer her 'sanctuary'. And plenty of people who have been enabling her too. At some point Lindsay needs to take responsibility for herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva

Number of posts : 7212
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:43 am

Davetucson wrote:
Lohan would make a nice addition to the family............

Former child star MELISSA GILBERT has offered fellow red-head LINDSAY LOHAN sanctuary at her home as the MEAN GIRLS star fights another drama following an alleged hit-and-run incident in New York.

Maybe she should take in Amanda Bynes too. She's taken such a leap off the deep end lately that her staff is leaving: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/09/21/amanda-bynes-set-to-appear-in-court-for-dui-charges/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time

Number of posts : 13370
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:40 am

I had read a few things about Amanda that almost seem more indicative of a mental illness with her....she sounds Bipolar. scratchead I feel so sorry for her parents...they have relocated to be closer to her and try to get her help. It has to be so hard if you've done everything in your power to raise your kid right, think she's an 'up and coming', and then have something like this happen. No In Lindsay's case, I can't muster any sympathy for her parents, considering that I think they're half the problem. Yikes

The article says this about Amanda:

A source close to the situation told TMZ her management team cut bait after multiple efforts to help but acknowledged “they can’t help someone that doesn’t want to be helped.”

They are absolutely correct. I speak from experience, as I have a sister who is Bipolar and addicted to drugs, and refuses to get the help she needs. In her mind, she is fine, and we are the ones who can't see that.

I've only seen Amanda in one thing, and that was Hairspray....I thought she was really great and funny in it---very talented young lady. So sad. Blue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jessicamarie
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 141
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:01 am

Vanesa wrote:
Hahaha....When I read the title of the thread I thought that Melissa Gilbert had been in the movie "E.T"...The one with little Drew Barrymore. laugh3 Laughing

Vanesa.

I though the same thing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jillybean
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 39
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:38 pm

Did you guys read MG's book? I was appalled by the lack of supervision she had as a child. It's not my place to judge if someone drinks or takes drugs. To me, that is a cry for help or often times it's a way of self-medicating a problem that's not being treated by medication or therapy (self-esteem, self-worth, etc).

Personally, I think it took a lot of courage for MG to tell about her past failures and faults. Same goes for Maureen McCormick. Of course they wrote those books to make money, but I bet it also felt good to get some of those things off their chests and into the open. I'm glad they are both clean and sober now. I hope the same for Lindsay Lohan and Amanda Bynes.

Last edited by Jillybean on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
littlehouselover
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:10 pm

That is true, why people do it, but for many in Hollywood, it's just the thing to do or their boyfriend or girlfriend (of the week) are doing it. What baffles me is that no one, even seeing friends and acquaintances hooked, sick, spiraling, think it will happen to them.
Melissa had a lot of good things given to her and she chose to date Rob Lowe, to be in that atmosphere, it was a train wreck ready to happen and she is lucky to have gotten out without more damage.

I don't agree, that talking about your lowest moments in detail, or your sex life is cathartic only in book form, you can do it with friends or your doctor or minister, but you can tell when they do it for money, there is a lack of substance elsewhere. That's not to say, all books like that are bad, many have told their stories well, but when it's the focus, it's different.
Many people on TV do have low self-esteem or they are just narcissist and think they are great, not a place most flourish in, the best seem to stay as far away as possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MG on ET   Today at 10:31 am

Back to top Go down

MG on ET
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Little House on the Prairie :: LHOTP Series & Cast Members-
Jump to: