Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gary Collins

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Davetucson
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Davetucson

Number of posts : 9374
Mood : Gary Collins Bokmal10

Gary Collins Empty
PostSubject: Gary Collins   Gary Collins EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 9:51 pm

(Reuters) - Television host and actor Gary Collins died early on Saturday in Biloxi, Mississippi, of natural causes at the age of 74, according to the local coroner's office.

Collins was admitted to the Biloxi Regional Medical Center less than 24 hours before he was pronounced dead at 12:56 a.m., according to Brian Switzer, deputy coroner at the Harrison County Coroner's Office.

He starred in the 1970s TV series "The Sixth Sense" and appeared in other series including "JAG," "Yes, Dear" and "The Young and the Restless," as well as on "The New Hollywood Squares" game show.

He is survived by his wife, Mary Ann Mobley, a former Miss America from Brandon, Mississippi, and the couple spent some of their time in the state. Collins had been a host of the Miss America pageant.

In January 2011, he was accused of skipping out on a $59.35 restaurant tab in Biloxi, which in Mississippi is a felony. Those charges were later dropped but not before Collins was arrested in his Biloxi home after the restaurant's employees called the police.

In 2007, Collins was sentenced to four days in jail as the result of a car wreck in California. Police blamed that accident on the driver of the other car, though Collins pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence.

In the 1980s, he hosted talk shows "Hour Magazine" and "The Home Show."

Gary Collins 12101310

"Albert, do you REALLY think you are old enough to know what love is?"
"I must be Pa. I love you, I have for a long time."
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Gary Collins Headac10

Gary Collins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Collins   Gary Collins EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 10:01 pm

That's so sad.R.I.P

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
julmer70
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
julmer70

Number of posts : 3301
Mood : Gary Collins Happy010

Gary Collins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Collins   Gary Collins EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 1:21 am

I just heard. It is very sad! RIP
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Gary Collins Love-s10

Gary Collins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Collins   Gary Collins EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 9:59 am

I remember watching "The Home Show" with my mom and really enjoying it. Gary had a great speaking voice and made a wonderful host; a very likeable guy. I hadn't heard of his troubles with alcohol and the law in recent years. Very sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gary Collins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gary Collins   Gary Collins Empty

Back to top Go down

Gary Collins
Page 1 of 1