HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37829
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:20 pm






“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


Last edited by sweetkrissy2011 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Debbie
Mom Of 2 Kitties
Mom Of 2 Kitties


Number of posts : 3822
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:49 pm

I don't have an Apple Desk Top, but I do have a MacBook Pro and I LOVE it! It runs so much faster than my old desktop EVER did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37829
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:12 pm

That's good debbie Smile


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:16 pm

It's an eternal debate.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37829
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:47 am

okay


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
Adventure Seeker


Number of posts : 8656
Location : California Country
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:33 pm

alexczarn wrote:
It's an eternal debate.

That it is... Laughing


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myworldthroughthelens.smugmug.com/
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:46 pm

But...I am heavily swaying towards a Mac because Windows8 is a big disappointment...


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37829
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:17 pm

windows 8 is bad?


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 23099
Location : Victor Harbor, South Australia
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:23 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
windows 8 is bad?

Depends who you ask, I don't like it. It's more geared towards tablet computers and the like.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37829
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:01 pm

ohok.doesn't sound good


“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 6792
Location : Walnut Grove
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:28 pm

I also have a macbook pro, and my parents' desktop computer is a mac. We used to have computers that ran windows, and I think I prefer mac systems instead. I'm not sure why though, but I like the way that icons and the like are organized on my home screen on my macbook
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37829
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 pm

ingallsfan2008 wrote:
I also have a macbook pro, and my parents' desktop computer is a mac. We used to have computers that ran windows, and I think I prefer mac systems instead. I'm not sure why though, but I like the way that icons and the like are organized on my home screen on my macbook

That's cool.My uncle has a Mac desktop.The only thing he didn't like was the way pictures layout all in one file instead of different ones Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13376
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:21 am

alexczarn wrote:
It's an eternal debate.

True. My best friend's family are Mac believers and swear they last longer, which makes it ultimately worth the extra expense out of the gate. They certainly are more costly. But my laptop running windows is almost 5 years old and we paid $300 for it. Same with my son's who has had his since he started college 5 years ago. I'd say that's not too shabby. I am mostly shocked at my younger son's school system, installing all Macs. They complain about hurting financially and then install the most expensive computers. I know they think they'll last longer, but still. Yikes And the students are upset about it---most kids do have a traditional windows running PC, so they have to learn the Macs.

alexczarn wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
windows 8 is bad?

Depends who you ask, I don't like it. It's more geared towards tablet computers and the like.

That's good to know, Alex, thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37829
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:06 pm

Amy wrote:
alexczarn wrote:
It's an eternal debate.

True. My best friend's family are Mac believers and swear they last longer, which makes it ultimately worth the extra expense out of the gate. They certainly are more costly. But my laptop running windows is almost 5 years old and we paid $300 for it. Same with my son's who has had his since he started college 5 years ago. I'd say that's not too shabby. I am mostly shocked at my younger son's school system, installing all Macs. They complain about hurting financially and then install the most expensive computers. I know they think they'll last longer, but still. Yikes And the students are upset about it---most kids do have a traditional windows running PC, so they have to learn the Macs.

alexczarn wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
windows 8 is bad?

Depends who you ask, I don't like it. It's more geared towards tablet computers and the like.

That's good to know, Alex, thanks.
[b]I would say that's a good thing about windows pc lasting 5 years.Wow the shouldn't shouldn't have done that.Ehh that must be hard for them to re-learn. Our windows XP pc has lasted ten years!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time


Number of posts : 13376
Location : Michigan
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:29 pm

sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Our windows XP pc has lasted ten years!!! Smile

thud Wow, and I thought 5 was long! That's great, Krissy! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life


Number of posts : 37829
Location : Ontario, Canada
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:26 pm

Amy wrote:
sweetkrissy2011 wrote:
Our windows XP pc has lasted ten years!!! Smile

thud Wow, and I thought 5 was long! That's great, Krissy! Thumbsup

Yeah,it is but the disc drive doesn't always work good.. Smile I like acer desktops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?   Today at 12:41 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Apple Desk tops...Are they really better then windows?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Are IPADS & Tablets really gonna take over Desk tops & Lapto
» Wanted ~ Purple Apple Snails
» apple and blackberry crumble
» ID This Wooden Desk Lamp
» Apple Snails laid eggs...

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Walnut Grove Community :: Town Gossip-
Jump to: