Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Great LHOTP Quotes

Go down 
+25
Ruth
Rider
heidith
easyt72000
whitelighter
Amy
pat1964
alexczarn
GrandDuchessOlga
Prairie Dweller
georgiagirl1993
JW
Vanesa
ChristinaAL
Rhonda
charles ingalls
AllieCat
Kathleen Marie
carolineingalls
LHDaisy
jes9
edwina
HarrisonCrosby4387
Savannah
Carol
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665
Mood : Great LHOTP Quotes Happy010

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 5:41 pm

Wave What are some of the best quotes from the show?

There are tons! Let's have fun talking about them. happy1

I'll start:

(Laura after punching Nellie in the nose lol)

Laura: "Hard working folks only smell bad to people who have nothing better than stick their noses in the air! Well, whenever you stick your nose in the air with me, Nellie Oleson, it's going to get punched!"

Great LHOTP Quotes Horses10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Great LHOTP Quotes Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 5:47 pm

*Harriet, upon finding Luke & Nellie in the hotel room, just after they've eloped*

"Nels........make her a widow!" :Hahaha:
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Great LHOTP Quotes Happy011

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 5:54 pm

"Laugh lines? Honey nothing is that funny."

From when Mrs. Oleson was trying to be a bar mail and she said her wrinkles are laugh lines and the other bar maid said that to her. Cracks me up every time, lol.

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
edwina
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident

Number of posts : 1010
Mood : Great LHOTP Quotes Party010

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyTue Jun 05, 2007 10:12 pm

~When Mary is having second thoughts about marrying Adam~

"You're not having second thoughts about marrying me already, are you? Why, Mary Ingalls, you'd have to be blind not to want to marry a guy like me!"
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Number of posts : 1066

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 6:24 am

Here's one of my favorites. In "The Winoka Warriors", when the players are looking for a coach, somebody suggests Jonathan Garvey as the coach. Andy says, "My pa doesn't know anything about football!" That's funny, since Andy's pa was played by Merlin Olsen, who in real life knew quite a lot about football!

Great LHOTP Quotes JohnKeeper
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyWed Jun 06, 2007 7:14 pm

Here's another one, this one from "The Award". While Mary is working at the mercantile, Nellie comments to Mary that she should look nicer for work and that maybe she should wear her Sunday dress. Mary says she'd rather save her Sunday dress for church. Nellie says, "You don't get paid to go to church." Mary replies, "And I don't worship in Oleson's Mercantile".

Back to top Go down

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptySat Jun 09, 2007 4:14 am

Here's a nice one from the Winoka episodes -
Caroline: "Look at me, Charles Ingalls. You were the one who said you could be happy in the city. . .if we were all together. Well, we're all together."
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Number of posts : 277

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 10:48 am

'I gues you're stuck with me...pa'
'I guess I am son'

Charles and Albert 'Family Tree'

Great LHOTP Quotes DaisyKeeper

Carrie Ingalls: 'Happy Birthday Baby Jesus'
Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 6:04 pm

Here's another one, this one from "Goodbye, Mrs. Wilder". Laura spends all day making a fancy lemon chicken dinner for Almanzo, but he doesn't care for it. Ater Laura angrily leaves the room and goes upstairs, Almanzo takes a bite of the lemon chicken and says, "I liked her cinnamon chicken better." :haha:

Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Great LHOTP Quotes Happy011

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptySun Jun 10, 2007 7:27 pm

Haha, I just saw that one last Friday. I thought that was so clever that they wrote that in there!

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 12:49 pm

Laura: Where are you going?!
Almanzo (guitar in hand): Outside to play for the cows!

:haha:

Back to top Go down
carolineingalls
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
carolineingalls

Number of posts : 1209
Mood : Great LHOTP Quotes Pbucket

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 2:35 pm

"Nothing bad ever comes from telling people how you really feel about them."

Charles to Laura in The Talking Machine.

Great LHOTP Quotes MaureenKeeper

"To change your life takes a lot of courage and energy. It's not for wimps." Karen Grassle. April 2006
Back to top Go down
Kathleen Marie
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Kathleen Marie

Number of posts : 685

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 3:21 pm

My personal favorite is: "It may be a shack, but it is our shack and your not welcome in it"...

Okay, kidddddiiinnngggg...I scream every time I head the Michael Landon wannabee say that line!!

Okay, I thought Amy would reply to this one, but here goes:

"She is going to be sorry she got my dander up"!!

I can't remember it exactly, but the scene where Pa is talking to Mary at the hotel after John, Jr. breaks up with her is such a touching scene and so true, about how if you didn't have some sorrow in your life you wouldn't truly appreciate the happy times...

Great LHOTP Quotes KathyKeeper1
Back to top Go down
AllieCat
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 24

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 4:29 pm

I absolutely love the scene in Whatever Happened to the Class of '56? when Charles and his classmate, Amy, are resting after riding horses, and she is really hot for him, and is carassing his hands, saying, "You have such soft hands, so soft. But strong too. Oh, such strong hands."

And then Charles, says (with a straight face), "That's from shoveling manure!" ROTFL

The other line I love in this same episode is when Charles punches out Dylan, and says, "Watch out, because I've been working hard for 25 years!" Laughing

Great LHOTP Quotes AllisonKeepership
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 5:04 pm

AllieCat wrote:
Charles and his classmate, Amy, are resting after riding horses, and she is really hot for him, and is carassing his hands, saying, "You have such soft hands, so soft. But strong too. Oh, such strong hands."

And then Charles, says (with a straight face), "That's from shoveling manure!" ROTFL

Tell me about it. Talk about killing any romantic mood for the next few minutes! Laughing

Great LHOTP Quotes Horses10
Back to top Go down
AllieCat
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 24

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyMon Jun 11, 2007 8:48 pm

In Back to School, Part I, when Caroline tells Charles that Mrs. Oleson has hired her to work in Nellie's Restaurant.........

Charles, "I won't have it Caroline. I won't have you working for that woman."

Caroline, "Now Charles, I won't be working for Mrs Oleson. I'll be working for Nellie, really."

Charles, "Well, aside from a few pounds, what's the difference?"

I crack up every time! ROTFL

Great LHOTP Quotes AllisonKeepership
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 10:26 pm

i'm looking for some from edwards

Great LHOTP Quotes GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Great LHOTP Quotes Purple2

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 7:39 am

charles ingalls wrote:

There are a couple of good quotes from Edwards to Mrs. Oleson. One is where Doc Baker was leaving town because of the death of baby Wilder and the town talked him back into staying and the old man with the donkey has tied it to the pole in front of the restaurant. Harriet says something about him being a doctor for donkeys and Edwards says something like, "Ya, and he sees farm animals too...." or something like that. Then there is one when he says something about her being ugly. My brain is mush right now, but French and MacGregor were great together....... Thumbsup

Great LHOTP Quotes Rhonda10Great LHOTP Quotes Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
charles ingalls
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
charles ingalls

Number of posts : 2009

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyWed Jun 13, 2007 11:35 am

yes they were

Great LHOTP Quotes GARYKEEPER
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 9:09 am

Funny quotes! Thanks for the laugh! :haha:

Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 9:10 am

Harriet: NELS, MAKE HER A WIDOW!!

Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptySun Jun 17, 2007 1:04 pm

Rhonda wrote:
charles ingalls wrote:

There are a couple of good quotes from Edwards to Mrs. Oleson. One is where Doc Baker was leaving town because of the death of baby Wilder and the town talked him back into staying and the old man with the donkey has tied it to the pole in front of the restaurant. Harriet says something about him being a doctor for donkeys and Edwards says something like, "Ya, and he sees farm animals too...." or something like that. Then there is one when he says something about her being ugly. My brain is mush right now, but French and MacGregor were great together....... Thumbsup

Ooh that was a good one! I think it was something like:
Harriet: He has a jack--- for a patient
Edwards: Yeah, he's got you, and the mule too!

Cracks me up everytime! I love the Harriet - Mr. Edwards banter that went on in the last season!

Another one of my favorites from the last season was from the episode where Mr. Edwards ends up with Blanche, the orangutang:
Harriet: Why's it staring at me?
Edwards: Probably thinks you're related.

It doesn't get much better than that! ROTFL

But, two of my favorite serious quotes come from "Look Back to Yesterday" - my signature, from Albert - "Take me back to Walnut Grove; I became Albert Ingalls there".

And, of course:
Charles: You've been the best son a man could ever have
Albert: You're not such a bad pa yourself.

Makes me tear up just thinking about those last 2!

Great LHOTP Quotes ChristinaKeeper2 Great LHOTP Quotes 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
LHDaisy
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
LHDaisy

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptySun Jun 24, 2007 4:56 am

ChristinaAL wrote:

And, of course:
Charles: You've been the best son a man could ever have
Albert: You're not such a bad pa yourself.

Makes me tear up just thinking about those last 2! [/b][/color]

Gosh yes, that's such a tearjerker moment!

Back to top Go down
jes9
Walnut Grove Resident
Walnut Grove Resident
jes9

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 6:49 am

One more I just thought of -- in one of the Winoka episodes, Nellie brags to Laura that she and Willie are attending the private Winoka School while Laura has to go to school in the barn. Nellie asks Willie, "Don't you think it's funny, Willie, kids studying in a barn?" Laura replies, "Not any funnier than a jackass studying in a school." :haha:

Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Great LHOTP Quotes Bokmal10

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes EmptyWed Jul 04, 2007 6:11 pm

I've forgot this one!!! Excellent! :Hahaha:

Vanesa.

Great LHOTP Quotes Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Great LHOTP Quotes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great LHOTP Quotes   Great LHOTP Quotes Empty

Back to top Go down

Great LHOTP Quotes
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next