Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tear-jerker Little House episodes

Go down 
+20
Harrietfan
Shell
Ruth
Gin
Teresa
Lynette
Kristina
RoseRed
GrandDuchessOlga
carolineingalls
Vanesa
ChristinaAL
Rhonda
Debbie
LHDaisy
LIWnut
Kathleen Marie
HarrisonCrosby4387
bethandmanly
Carol
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GrandDuchessOlga
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
GrandDuchessOlga

Number of posts : 404

Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 3:37 pm

Very rare tv shows make you cry EVERY time you watch it but LHOP does.. very good film techniques + storylines = tear-jerker again and again... Also very talented actors too. I think Michael Landon is the only man I´ve seen so far who can cry poperly on tv without making it look pathetic or fake (not being to romantic nor macho) respect Michael!

Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Audrey
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 5:35 pm

yes Michael Landon was appreciable s ' is for it
who ' he/it had a pity easy tear that he/it has us
to leave so quickly Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Smileypleures2sh1
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 6:29 pm

The one who was not so credible in tear-jerker scenes was Melissa Sue Anderson. She always liked a little fake when crying! :crySC: The only GOOD sad moment she could perform was the one when she discovers she is blind, but she shouts rather than cry...

Vanesa.

Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 25, 2007 7:13 pm

luvinlhop wrote:
I think each episode had a little something that touches my heat time and tiem again. You would think seeing each episode at least a dozen or more times your heart wouldnt melt all over again and again I find myself reaching for a tissue while watching this episode or that.

I totally agree with everything you said!

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down
RoseRed
Frontier Traveler
Frontier Traveler
RoseRed

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 1:03 am

I tear up on so many episodes, I can't even count them.

I'm pathetic.

And I agree, no matter how many times I see certains episodes...I still get all teary eyed.

You remain responsible.. Forever...
For what you have tamed.
- Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 2:25 am

one tells toujour himself n ' is qu ' an goodbye.
then goodbye Landon gentleman
Wave
Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Mlac9
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 26, 2007 7:44 pm

bawling Cheyenne...Your "Michael Landon Memorial" is also tear-jerker! bawling But I loved it...It's wonderful. Mikkie will be very pleased at Heaven! :woohooo:

Vanesa.

Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
HarrisonCrosby4387
THE #1 Survivor fan
THE #1 Survivor fan
HarrisonCrosby4387

Number of posts : 4828
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 27, 2007 5:04 pm

Aww, that's very nice Gino! Applause

Beckie

LETS GO PENS!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 06, 2007 12:18 pm

Most of them made me cry, but the one truly devastating episode (and i'm not sure whats it's called) is the one where Alice Garvy and Marys' son die in the blind school fire!![/b][/i]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 25, 2007 9:24 pm

The Hunter gets to me every time when Charles sends Laura to fetch the horse after he's been shot and just after she leaves he prays to God to not let his daughter see him die. ML best emotional performance in my book.

Lord is my shepherd - when charles breaks down along the road looking for Laura and begins to cry, showing despair and loss of hope. (sniff-sniff)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 2:40 am

The second scene in "Chicago" where the Ingalls family is sitting at the table talking about John, Jr. touched me. I think it's the scenes that weren't too mushy that were the most powerful. I know John plumetted in popularity after he cheated on Mary and he wasn't a central character in the series, but Karen Grassle's acting in this scene was so realistic, adn I thought Melissa did well with her subtle facial expressions. Laura wasn't as distraught by the news as the others since she was so young when she knew John and never really knew him that well, but she was still quiet and reflective.

Last edited by blu3kool on Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kristina
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Kristina

Number of posts : 7863

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 10:13 am

the first episode I got teary-eyed in was "Look Back To Yesterday," and on Saturday I was watching "May We Make Them Proud" and that's a sad episode too!" plus several other ones have made me sad too Yawn
Back to top Go down
Lynette
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 219
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:11 pm

I got teary the first time I heard Reverend Alden say "We bury a friend today" in The Last Farewell.
Back to top Go down
Teresa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Teresa

Number of posts : 5286

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:33 pm

"I'll Be Waving as You Drive Away" always makes me cry. Especially when Mary wakes up in the morning and realizes she is blind. That whole scene was acted so well by Melissa Sue Anderson.

Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 TeresaKeeper
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:15 pm

You have all mentioned so many good ones.
I just think of The Lord is my Shepard. The presence of another baby for Ma and Pa to love was just more than Laura could take. Pa seemed to want that boy more than he wanted Laura. In her jealousy and anger Laura did not pray for young Charles, he soon died and then it was guilt she felt.
Seeing her Pa so sad must have put her in "fix it" mode. She wanted Pa happy again and If that meant leaving him to get Charles back and making him happy ...she would do it.
This is an awesome eppy to learn to be grateful with what we have even in our saddest times.

Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:50 pm

The episode where Charles loses his mother and he reads about it in the letter that his father has sent him, gets to me; as well as the episode where Caroline's parents are coming to visit and her mother dies enroute, and when her father gets there in the wagon, she runs to the back to look for her mama only to find a pine box in the back....My heart aches for them, and the acting that ML and KG did in those episodes is wonderful!!!! Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 18022

Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Rhonda10Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Ruth
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ruth

Number of posts : 2916
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Pbucket

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 10, 2011 12:42 am

GrandDuchessOlga wrote:
Very rare tv shows make you cry EVERY time you watch it but LHOP does.. very good film techniques + storylines = tear-jerker again and again... Also very talented actors too. I think Michael Landon is the only man I´ve seen so far who can cry poperly on tv without making it look pathetic or fake (not being to romantic nor macho) respect Michael!

I totally agree...Mike had nightmarish childhood which always triggered his tears when it came to very emotional family scenes bawling I read somewhere thy had to shoot some emotional scenes quite a few times because he got too teary-eyed cryB Love your Mike picture, Cheyenne!!!!!

Leaves Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 RuthKeeper Leaves
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 10:54 pm

1:May We Make Them Proud;part 1 and 2 bawling
2:Remember Me:part 1 and 2 bawling
3:The Last Farewell bawling
4:Look Back To Yesterday bawling
5:I'll Be Waving As You Drive away:part 1 and 2 bawling
6:The Lord Is My Shepherd:part 1 and 2 bawling
7:A Matter Of Faith bawling
8:A Child With No Name bawling
9:Times Are Changing:part 1 and 2:Charles takes one last look around the house, Laura introduces the new teacher,Royal dies bawling
10:Enchanted Cottage bawling
Back to top Go down
Harrietfan
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Harrietfan

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 7:13 pm

What's the season 9 one when that older lady dies? I bawled the first time I saw that, because as a middle schooler I befriended some older women so that really got to me!
Back to top Go down
Shell
Farm Land Owner
Farm Land Owner
Shell

Number of posts : 1353

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Here is my list: bawling
1:May We Make Them Proud
2:The Last Farewell
3:Look Back To Yesterday when Charles learned Albert is dying
4:Remember Me
5:The Reincarnation of Nellie:Part 1:Mrs.Oleson learns Nellie, Percival and the twins are staying in New York and Adam announcing he and Mary are moving to New York
6:I'll Be Waving As You Drive Away
7:The Enchanted Cottage when Mary learned she will never get her eye sight back
8:Castoffs when Jack dies
9:Days of Sunshine, Days Of Shadow
10:Part 1 of Times Are Changin

When Charles and Caroline recite the 23rd psalm, it bring tears to my eyes. My mom died in 2004 and that was her favorite prayer/scripter in the Bible.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Ingalls
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charlie Ingalls

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 4:27 pm

Which of these episodes from Season 1 do you guys think were emotional?

1. A Harvest of Friends
2. Country Girls
3. 100 Mile Walk
4. Town Party, Country Party
5. The Lord is My Shepherd
6. Christmas at Plum Creek
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyThu May 25, 2017 8:34 pm

Out of that group, The Lord is My Shepherd is probably the most emotional.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Ingalls
New Pioneer
New Pioneer
Charlie Ingalls

Number of posts : 23

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 3:52 pm

What about the other five?
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 5:54 pm

Varying degrees of tear-jerkiness. You really have to watch them and draw your own conclusions.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 EmptyFri May 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Charlie, what are your favorite episodes? Which ones do you find to be the most compelling?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tear-jerker Little House episodes   Tear-jerker Little House episodes - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tear-jerker Little House episodes
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next