Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Toughest Bridge

Go down 
+5
Rhonda
Rob
bethandmanly
Vanesa
alexczarn
9 posters
AuthorMessage
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Toughest Bridge Happy010

Toughest Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Toughest Bridge   Toughest Bridge EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:54 pm

Toughest Bridge Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Toughest Bridge Bokmal10

Toughest Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toughest Bridge   Toughest Bridge EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 12:09 am

My! But I think they must have build this bridge a little taller!!! greenS Every single truck that goes under it, could not avoid to hit it! laugh3

Vanesa.

Toughest Bridge Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Toughest Bridge Bokmal10

Toughest Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toughest Bridge   Toughest Bridge EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:48 pm

We have an underpass in town. The height of the railroad tracks above it are about 10' 6". There are no less than 4 signs that state the height and arrows that point to the alternate truck route. Multiple trucks get stuck under it a year.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62618
Mood : Toughest Bridge Goodsi10

Toughest Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toughest Bridge   Toughest Bridge EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 4:06 pm

This is what they need...

Toughest Bridge Straight-forward-signage
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21171
Mood : Toughest Bridge Purple2

Toughest Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toughest Bridge   Toughest Bridge EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Rob, you are right! Thumbsup

That bridge has held up because it is for a train to cross over.....need lots of iron to hold a train as it crosses over a road.....so yes, it will hold up to all those trucks hitting it.....
batEyes

Toughest Bridge Rhonda10Toughest Bridge Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Toughest Bridge Love-s10

Toughest Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toughest Bridge   Toughest Bridge EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 5:57 pm

Whoa. thud What I want to know is how the semi drivers don't know how tall their rig is? scratchead I mean, wouldn't anyone seeing that ahead, look at the sign and READ the height allowance?? Yikes

But, I have a confession to make. grinsmiley My mom and sister and I were on a girls shopping trip in Detroit around Christmas time, probably around 10 years ago now, and we were driving my parents' conversion van. We were going into a parking ramp and I was driving. I TOLD my mom and sister that I had strong doubts that I was going to fit under the first overhang thingy that you had to go through (and there was a height sign, but of course we had no idea what the height was). My 'all knowing' sister, ahem batEyes , assured me that I was over-reacting and was certain that we would be juuuuuuust fine. So I went veeeeeeery slowly and all of a sudden heard this screeeeeeeeech sound. thud Well, I do believe I had a string of "Ohmigods" coming out of my mouth (probably among other no-so-nice words Whistle ), and I do believe my mom and sis were 'screeeeching' themselves, lol, and when I got through the overhand thingy we got out to 'check for damage, which of course was impossible to see anything on the top of a conversion van. We went about our trip (mostly in shock, lol) and oddly enough, there was no exit overhang thingy on our way out, so we were in the clear after that. Once we got home to my house, I got a ladder out and checked for damage, and it was that top center area that kind of 'bubbles' up on the roof of a conversion van....it was still intact, but let's just say not looking pretty. Whistle

Needless to say, my dad, to this day, has never heard this story, and was never the wiser. HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Toughest Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toughest Bridge   Toughest Bridge EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:54 am

Funny video, and your story is great, too, Amy.

Toughest Bridge Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Gin
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Gin

Number of posts : 5920

Toughest Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toughest Bridge   Toughest Bridge EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 10:06 am

Oh Amy...thats funny. Always go with your gut. lol

Toughest Bridge Project2

It is the lack of Christianity that has  brought us where we are. Not a lack of churches or religious forms but of the real thing in our hearts.  LIW.....Words From a Fearless Heart
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417

Toughest Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toughest Bridge   Toughest Bridge EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 12:10 pm

Gin wrote:
Always go with your gut. lol

Laughing That's the lesson I'm taking from that. HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Deem714
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 68
Mood : Toughest Bridge Party010

Toughest Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toughest Bridge   Toughest Bridge EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 2:28 pm

Is it me??? I am not getting anything I should be seeing when I click on the link.

It says Youtube but the site I see looks like it is like the world's first webpage.

Here is what I see...

data-possible-tooltip=""data-tooltip-show-delay="750">Sign in to add this to a playlist

Added to
Back to list

Added to playlist:
Add an optional note
Add note
Saving note...
Note added to:
Error adding note:
Click to add a new note
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999
Mood : Toughest Bridge Happy010

Toughest Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toughest Bridge   Toughest Bridge EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 5:57 pm

Deem714 wrote:
Is it me??? I am not getting anything I should be seeing when I click on the link.

It says Youtube but the site I see looks like it is like the world's first webpage.

Here is what I see...

data-possible-tooltip=""data-tooltip-show-delay="750">Sign in to add this to a playlist

Added to
Back to list

Added to playlist:
Add an optional note
Add note
Saving note...
Note added to:
Error adding note:
Click to add a new note

I think it's been removed now... :/ Message says,
This video has been removed by the user.
Sorry about that.

Toughest Bridge Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toughest Bridge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toughest Bridge   Toughest Bridge Empty

Back to top Go down

Toughest Bridge
Page 1 of 1