Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Downton Abbey

Go down 
+9
Lori
Rob
LIWnut
Carol
Amy
Honeybee
Debbie
Savannah
bethandmanly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 5 Cloud910

Downton Abbey - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 8:29 pm

Great news for those who feared that the show might end soon.

3 Year Deals for main characters

Downton Abbey - Page 5 MarilynKeeper Downton Abbey - Page 5 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 10:52 pm

Oh, that is wooooonderful news, thanks Marilyn!  But I am definitely nervous that Maggie Smith is not on the list.  This show is not 'Downton Abbey' without her.  I felt that way about Matthew too, and I know it will go on, but Maggie is simply irreplaceable.

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:47 am

stars 

Downton Abbey - Page 5 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:04 am

So Lori, have you resorted to going back and re-watching yet?batEyes  I know for me, I had to turn right around and watch from the beginning again after season 3, lol! Just curious. (It's actually even better on the re-watch, because you catch so many things you missed the first time around).

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:05 pm

Downton Abbey - Page 5 Keep_c10

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:45 pm

Laughing Love it!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 8:37 am

Major characters sign contract, including Maggie Smith
!

Here you go Amy!

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 8:47 am

Amy wrote:
So Lori, have you resorted to going back and re-watching yet?batEyes  I know for me, I had to turn right around and watch from the beginning again after season 3, lol!  Just curious.  (It's actually even better on the re-watch, because you catch so many things you missed the first time around).
Sorry, I just saw this now, Amy. I've been busy working at the MCC bookstore for fall rush. No, I have not re-watched any episodes. I have just watched all three seasons in the last few months. I had not even heard of the show until a thread was started on this forum about it. I thought I'd give it a try since several of you like it. I ordered the seasons from the library, and there are always lots of holds on them. I'm just glad I got to catch up to you guys so that I no longer have to avoid reading these threads.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 6:29 pm

Lori wrote:
Amy wrote:
So Lori, have you resorted to going back and re-watching yet?batEyes  I know for me, I had to turn right around and watch from the beginning again after season 3, lol!  Just curious.  (It's actually even better on the re-watch, because you catch so many things you missed the first time around).
Sorry, I just saw this now, Amy.  I've been busy working at the MCC bookstore for fall rush.  No, I have not re-watched any episodes.  I have just watched all three seasons in the last few months.  I had not even heard of the show until a thread was started on this forum about it.  I thought I'd give it a try since several of you like it.  I ordered the seasons from the library, and there are always lots of holds on them.  I'm just glad I got to catch up to you guys so that I no longer have to avoid reading these threads.  
I can imagine you're crazy busy right now!  Hope the bookstore job is going well!Thumbsup   

I have a feeling there's always a wait for our library copies too.  I'm thankful I have my own...it's just one of those series that's fun on the re-watch.  Kind of like another series we all know and love.Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 6:37 pm

Dan Stevens is currently in Toronto, at the Toronto International Film Festival for the movie The Fifth Estate.  Funny, I saw it on the news yesterday but they didn't mention him.  Canadians aren't as in love with Downton as Americans are so his name wasn't mentioned on our channels.  But click on the link below to see our handsome friend.  
Dan's Webpage

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:24 pm

I suppose this was yesterday, in Toronto. His film debuted last night. I almost feel sorry for him, everyone calling his name. Ahh, the cost of fame.

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 16, 2013 12:37 pm

Looks like he has slimmed down.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 6:56 pm

I just found a way to watch Downton on Sunday!!!  I downloaded a program that lets my computer think it's in the UK and then I am able to watch from the itv station.  How awesome!!  I first downloaded to my ipad but that didn't work because I couldn't watch the itv player so I downloaded it to the pc and then watched the "Welcome" video that I couldn't watch before.  I'm excited!  

TunnelBear is a company from Toronto.  I first saw it on the Downton Abbey Series 4 fb page and then followed the instructions.  

Yahoo!!!! Who's watching with me?

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 12:49 pm

Oh my gosh, I'm excited for you Marilyn!!Applause  Have fun!  You'll have to make tea and scones for your first viewing.batEyes 

Oh MY...thanks for sharing that video!  What a HUNK!

LOL, this book on etiquette for proper aristocratic behavior has been republished, in light of the fame of Downton.  Love it!

http://www.britain-magazine.com/carousel/downton-etiquette-revealed/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=The+Chelsea+Magazine+Company+Ltd&utm_campaign=3080200_BRITAIN+Editorial+September+2013

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 5 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 22, 2013 2:12 pm

Here's a link to a press pack that includes cast interviews and more. http://presscentre.i...RESSACK_ITV.pdf

DA airs today in the U.K. so now we'll have to avoid all kinds of Internet spoilers if we want to experience the true first run in the U.S.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 8:48 am

Thanks Cheryl! But for some reason it's saying 'that page can't be displayed'. Does the link work for you?

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 9:03 am

It didn't work from here, but it did on the DA forum where I got it from. Try this: http://presscentre.itvstatic.com/presscentre/sites/presscentre/files/DOWNTON4_PRESSACK_ITV.pdf It's in PDF format.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 12:06 pm

Awesome, it works.Thumbsup  Thanks Cheryl!Toodles 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Well, I watched the show last night, twice in fact.  But now I'm feeling guilty because I know what's going on and you don't.  I might just wait til January like the rest of you.  

It was a good episode.  But I saw the preview for next weeks show and I'm afraid to watch ere I open my mouth!!  OhMy

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptySun Sep 29, 2013 8:41 pm

One of my friends posted on fb another website to view Downton!  You can sign up for free and no downloads...literally took me 30 seconds and I was watching Season 4 episode 1!  Yay!!!Bliss 

LoveSite  Just click on 'NA' for North American viewer, or 'EUR' for European viewer:

http://www.ustv.cc/episode/watch-Downton-Abbey-online.htm

*edit*....well, you CAN watch this first episode for free, but it looks like there is a charge for certain shows, and this is one of them. It's $12.00 for US, for what looks like a lot of viewing time. Not bad....I'll have to think about it. But just wanted everyone to know that it's not 'free' for the rest of the season, like I thought it was.Blue 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 1:40 pm

It's free from the Downton Abbey US Fan Club page.  They give several links.  Try this one Here
Not sure if I will continue watching or not, it's no fun with no one to talk to about it. Amy, are you going to watch early?

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2013 2:39 pm

I was also able to watch the 2nd episode for free today, Amy, on that site you posted.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 2:39 pm

I gave in and watched episode 2. It was good. Love the way Bates makes Anna happy. Love this couple.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:09 pm

I joined a private US fan page on Facebook that posts the episodes after they have been shown in the UK. If anyone is interested in seeing the show early let me know and I will get your name to the right people for you to join. Tonight is episode 3, very excited!

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 08, 2013 12:55 am

Warning: Not sure how many U.S. fans are able to catch DA online, but I've seen episode three. It's very upsetting. I'm not going to give anything away, but you need to be prepared to be disturbed by it.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Downton Abbey
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next