Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Downton Abbey

Go down 
+9
Lori
Rob
LIWnut
Carol
Amy
Honeybee
Debbie
Savannah
bethandmanly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Downton Abbey - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:39 am

Thanks, Lisa.  I'll have to learn how to keep them standing before I go into business. HeeHee

Downton Abbey - Page 7 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 9:40 am

Thanks, Cheryl!

Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 9:54 am

How do you get added to the FB group since it is locked?

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 7 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 21, 2013 1:18 pm

It's not locked Lori. What is your fb name, I'll add you in.

Downton Abbey - Page 7 MarilynKeeper Downton Abbey - Page 7 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 9:25 am

I sent you a message, Marilyn, then I just tried the link again.  It let me join (send request), so I must have been having some computer issues yesterday.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 10:58 pm

I have just watched a wonderful movie with Brendan Coyle called The Glass Virgin.  It was so good and he was so handsome.  I must admit I like him with shorter hair but his character was very Bates-like.  It was a 10 part YouTube movie.  Enjoy!!

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 7 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptySun Oct 27, 2013 9:55 pm

I watched the whole thing today, Marilyn, and loved it! Thanks for sharing that!Thumbsup 

Gosh, that Brendan is quite the charmer.Love 

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyMon Oct 28, 2013 11:40 am

He is turning 50 in Dec.  check this out, http://www.downtonabbeyaddicts.com/2013/10/brendan-coyle-birthday-video-project.html#.Um6Eo7K9KSM
I'm thinking about doing this, maaaaybe.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 10:43 pm

Wow, he's about a year younger than my hubby! I thought he was a little older actually. He is adorable at any age though.Love (so's my hubby.batEyes )

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 11:58 am

Just finished the movie. It was really good.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 4:34 pm

I thought so too Lori! I wasn't so sure at first, but once I got into it I really enjoyed it!Thumbsup 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Downton Abbey - Page 7 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 7 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 10:01 am

I just finished watching it, too. Thanks for sharing that, Marilyn!
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 7 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 4:43 pm

Lori wrote:
I made a knitting bag since she is into knitting big time.
Downton Abbey - Page 7 Dsc01711
Downton Abbey - Page 7 Dsc01712

I managed to get a couple of pictures before it fell over.  I learned a few things making this one.grinsmiley
First of all, I LOVE this cake!  I wish I could get to that point where my cakes looked that good!  The only one I am really proud of is a Beatle cake that I made a few years ago.  Everytime I try to make something like this it collapses on me.  Blue  I just love this one, though!

Anyway, PLEASE somebody let me know this.  Do I dare look at the Downton Abbey spoiler thread on here?  I have been watching DA since the very beginning.  I am a big Masterpiece Theatre viewer.  So when I saw that we were going to get this series that was a big deal in the UK, I decided to watch it when it was shown here.  So I have been HOOKED since the very beginning.  Anyway, I have to AVOID anything online that involves this series until I see the new season here.  So are the discussions in the spoiler thread on this site about PAST seasons?  Or is the new season being discussed, too?  I really don't want to know anything that is going on until I have watched it myself (though I do know a few things because magazines always give things away even though they say they won't Ranting ).  

Thanks to anyone for letting me know what is happening in that thread because I really need to know if I can look at it.  I would like to be able to discuss this show with someone that isn't discussing the newest season!

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 5:01 pm

The spoiler thread is all about the newest season, 4, so if you don't want to know, don't go there. I will just say tho, it's worth waiting for.

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 7 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 08, 2013 5:14 pm

LIWnut wrote:
The spoiler thread is all about the newest season, 4, so if you don't want to know, don't go there.  I will just say tho, it's worth waiting for.
Ok. Thanks! I will avoid it until after they show the season. So that should be some time in February, I think, that I can finally look at that thread. Smile 

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 2:03 pm

I wasn't sure if everyone had seen this or not, but I thought it was fun:

Which Downton Character are You?

My result was Anna.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 2:26 pm

I am Mrs. Patmore!

You are Mrs Patmore. You might seem to be a product of a bygone era with your vehement distrust of the new-fangled, but what you lack in technology you make up for in wits. You are a force to be reckoned with, shrewd and observant. No one messes with you.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 10:12 pm

LOL Marilyn, no one messes with you!  I love it!Thumbsup 

Lisa, why am I not surprised that you and I both got Anna.Wink

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:43 am

Somehow I got Lady Mary.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:10 am

Nothing wrong with that, Lori! She has some wonderful qualities!yes 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 11:39 am

Lori, you must lead a VERY exciting life. Wink No, really - I agree with Amy. Mary has some wonderful qualities, and I like her a lot. I didn't in the first half of season one! But she's changed a lot since then, and has become one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 1:00 pm

I'm probably closer to Edith (except for the affair with the married man thing). HeeHee 

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 6:22 pm

I read on fb today that Elizabeth McGovern (Cora) May not want to be a part of the show if it goes to a 6th series. She is under contract for the 5th but said that she wants to pursue her singing career. What a blow to our show. I am almost hoping that it wraps up after the next series if they can't keep all of the main cast together. The writers wouldn't kill her off, been there done that. But I wonder, if the show went on without her, would a divorce work? I could watch this show for years but it wouldn't be the same without the family embers.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Ohhhhh, I hadn't read that, Marilyn!
Spoiler:
So I have no doubt that they'd find a way for her to die if they had to. I hope that she changes her mind, though, and stays with the show. I like her. And I would NOT want to see them divorce.  No  Nope. I know that it happens in real life. And I don't CARE.  HeeHee  I like the relationship that Cora and Robert have and I don't want my illusions shattered yet again.

And, Lori!! Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 10:20 pm

Lori wrote:
I'm probably closer to Edith (except for the affair with the married man thing).  HeeHee 
HeeHee I hate to say it, but being the youngest of 3 girls myself, I definitely see similarities.  Some of them are good, but Edith can be so whiny.  (I'm doing a re-watch right now, and I'm being reminded of her, shall we say, 'less favorable' attributes. Whistle  But sometimes I am ok with seeing my similarities to her. But yep, glad the affair is not one of them!Yikes HeeHee 

Lisa wrote:
And I would NOT want to see them divorce.  No  Nope. I know that it happens in real life. And I don't CARE.  HeeHee  I like the relationship that Cora and Robert have and I don't want my illusions shattered yet again.

And, Lori!! Laughing 
Oh my, I hope she reconsiders.  But honestly, I don't feel like it would be earth-shattering if she did leave.  Not 'attached' to Cora at all---she is not as well liked and essential to the cast as ANY of the others that we've lost, in my opinion.  Losing Robert would be BAD, but losing her---I think the show would survive just fine.  That's not to say I don't enjoy her, but I just don't see her as a loss the show can't recover from.  

And I'm with you, Lisa....since I'm re-watching, I just watched where Robert was tempted by the maid---I hate that storyline, but it kind of makes sense, too.  But I was so glad to see how their marriage survived that and he stopped himself (although he DID kiss her goodbye, and I HATE that---bad writing, in my opinion)....and I liked seeing this last season especially, how they were so happy to see each other when he returned from America.  So, I hope they don't go down that road...I'd rather see her killed off, if Elizabeth actually goes through with this.  I just can't IMAGINE anyone voluntarily leaving such a brilliant show!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Downton Abbey
Page 7 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next