Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Downton Abbey

Go down 
+9
Lori
Rob
LIWnut
Carol
Amy
Honeybee
Debbie
Savannah
bethandmanly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

Downton Abbey - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 9:19 am

If she wants to go, I would pick death by illness. I don't want to see them divorce either.

Downton Abbey - Page 8 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Downton Abbey - Page 8 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 8 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 7:43 pm

Amy wrote:

Oh my, I hope she reconsiders.  But honestly, I don't feel like it would be earth-shattering if she did leave.  Not 'attached' to Cora at all---she is not as well liked and essential to the cast as ANY of the others that we've lost, in my opinion.  Losing Robert would be BAD, but losing her---I think the show would survive just fine.  That's not to say I don't enjoy her, but I just don't see her as a loss the show can't recover from.  
I agree. With it being an ensemble cast, really there aren't a LOT of cast members whose absence would completely destroy the show. I like her, and I hope she stays, but I do think that the show would be able to carry on without her. They wouldn't even have to choose between death and divorce, really, for her absence to be explained. She could be called to America to be by her ailing mother's bedside, and then have to stay longer when her mother passes on and the estate's settling gets complicated. Or something like that...I mean, eventually they'd have to do *something* - but she could be gone for a season before they even had to come up with a permanent solution.

Amy wrote:
And I'm with you, Lisa....since I'm re-watching, I just watched where Robert was tempted by the maid---I hate that storyline, but it kind of makes sense, too.  But I was so glad to see how their marriage survived that and he stopped himself (although he DID kiss her goodbye, and I HATE that---bad writing, in my opinion)....and I liked seeing this last season especially, how they were so happy to see each other when he returned from America.  So, I hope they don't go down that road...I'd rather see her killed off, if Elizabeth actually goes through with this.  I just can't IMAGINE anyone voluntarily leaving such a brilliant show!
I can't imagine that, either! It's such a great show, and for goodness sake, they only do eight episodes each season - plus the Christmas special...It seems like she could do both! And YES!! Amy, I HATED that the writers had Robert kiss the maid goodbye. I felt like that was very bad writing, too. And it COMPLETELY ticked me off. I was so glad when she was gone!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 8 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 11:15 pm

Lisa wrote:
.... and for goodness sake, they only do eight episodes each season - plus the Christmas special...It seems like she could do both! And YES!! Amy, I HATED that the writers had Robert kiss the maid goodbye. I felt like that was very bad writing, too. And it COMPLETELY ticked me off.  I was so glad when she was gone![/color]
SO true!  It IS only 8 episodes!  And yes....what upset me so much about that kiss was that he had made the decision to NOT cheat on Cora, and to stay with her, and she almost DIED when he was with Jane, considering cheating on his wife.  I mean, good grief.  I just honestly do not believe, after coming to this realization that he almost lost everything, that he would NOT have kissed her goodbye.No 

So, I have some exciting news!  My friend Barbara was offered an email invitation today from our local PBS TV station to a 'preview' screening of episode one, season 4, being shown in a movie theater! (Lisa, it is at the "Sun" theater in Wiliiamston, just outside Okemos).  She can bring one guest and lucky me, I'm it!batEyes  How I WISH she could have brought TWO guests, so that all three of us could go!!!  Super excited to see DA on the big screen! The station is also going to be taking photos and video to promote the new season of DA, so she and I may be in some of the publicity shots! Neat!  We're tossing the idea of dressing up in "Downton" attire for this.  Sure would be fun!  What's neat is that this is Dec 14th, right after my birthday, so a fun way to celebrate! Thumbsup (Ha, if they only knew we've already seen the entire season....well, WE won't tell! batEyes ).

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 8 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:14 am

I read that on the forum, how awesome. I posted there what happened in my town, which I MISSED! I hope you have a fun time and do dress up Downton. That would add to the fun.
Happy Birthday, in advance.

Downton Abbey - Page 8 MarilynKeeper Downton Abbey - Page 8 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 11:22 am

Amy wrote:

So, I have some exciting news!  My friend Barbara was offered an email invitation today from our local PBS TV station to a 'preview' screening of episode one, season 4, being shown in a movie theater! (Lisa, it is at the "Sun" theater in Wiliiamston, just outside Okemos).  She can bring one guest and lucky me, I'm it! batEyes  How I WISH she could have brought TWO guests, so that all three of us could go!!!  Super excited to see DA on the big screen! The station is also going to be taking photos and video to promote the new season of DA, so she and I may be in some of the publicity shots! Neat!  We're tossing the idea of dressing up in "Downton" attire for this.  Sure would be fun!  What's neat is that this is Dec 14th, right after my birthday, so a fun way to celebrate! Thumbsup (Ha, if they only knew we've already seen the entire season....well, WE won't tell! batEyes ).
thud thud thud  Smiley Hug  I'm so happy for you, Amy!! I hope you and Barbara DO dress up in Downton attire! I'm sure that you wouldn't be the only ones. *squeal!!* I know you'll have a wonderful time! loveheart 
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 1:33 pm

Thank you for being happy for us, Lisa!Smiley Hug  If ONLY you could come too!!Blue   Would be that much more exciting, that's for sure!  I'll keep you posted on what we decide to wear.  I have a long dressy black coat I will wear for sure, and I want to find a "Downton style" hat.  They are really 'in' right now, and I've been wanting one for winter anyway!  This gives me the perfect excuse opportunity. batEyes

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

Number of posts : 9016
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 8 Happy011

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 10:29 am

Amazon has the Seasons 1 - 3 for 22.99 one day only deal for Black Friday is that a good deal?

Downton Abbey - Page 8 Jacobk10Downton Abbey - Page 8 Jacob210
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptyFri Nov 29, 2013 12:32 pm

That's amazing! Go for it Jacob, it's an awesome show.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 10:36 am

Oh wow, that's an awesome deal, Jacob! Hope you got it!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 10:53 am

Yes i got them yesss 

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 8:53 pm

Awesome! I wish I could be there to watch with you.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 7:30 am

Let us know when they arrive and you start watching. Excited for you.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 1:59 pm

LIWnut wrote:
Awesome!  I wish I could be there to watch with you.
I actually had a dream a few weeks ago that we met Laughing 

LIWnut wrote:
Let us know when they arrive and you start watching.  Excited for you.
I will do that, I am really looking forward to them.

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 2:16 pm

[quote="JW"]
LIWnut wrote:
Awesome!  I wish I could be there to watch with you.
I actually had a dream a few weeks ago that we met Laughing 

Oh dear, I hope I wasn't haunting your dreams, lol.

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 01, 2013 5:27 pm

lol Not at all Marilyn You were very nice person batEyes 

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 1:19 am

I got them in the mail today! I'll start watching soon Smile 

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 6:33 am

The best watching is the first watching so make sure that you are undisturbed. Brew yourself a cuppa (tea) and enjoy!

Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 1:18 am

I watched the first episode still kind of confused but i do like the style it has. I didn't care for the Kissing scene Thomas (i think thats his name) had, But i'll move on Smile 

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 8:05 am

If you have any questions, ask away.

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Definitely keep watching, Jacob. The first episode wasn't my favorite - and I was put off by Thomas's scene there, too. But the rest of the season doesn't reference that again, which I was glad of. By the third episode I was HOOKED. yes
Back to top Go down
JW
Isaiah Edwards
Isaiah Edwards
JW

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 5:41 pm

I'm on Episode 4 now, I really like it now I am starting to know the peoples names much less confusing, Smile

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:35 pm

Eeek! Applause I'm so excited you're getting into this Jacob!  Yep, give it time!  I think we were all a tad put off by the Thomas thing, but they don't focus a LOT on that aspect.  They will more later on, but it's nothing to keep from watching, and actually portrayed in a very respectful way, I must say.  Hang in there...this gets addicting! Thumbsup Can't wait to hear what you think of some of the characters....

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 9:05 pm

Amy and Lisa, you both need to try watching The Paradise so Lori and I have some company in that thread. It gets exciting too.

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 10:55 pm

Definitely want to give that a chance. Thumbsup 

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 12:13 pm

Downton Abbey - Page 8 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Downton Abbey
Page 8 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next