Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Downton Abbey

Go down 
+9
Lori
Rob
LIWnut
Carol
Amy
Honeybee
Debbie
Savannah
bethandmanly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 12 Bokmal10

Downton Abbey - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 4:07 pm

I can't wait. I just hope my schedule stays manageable so I can keep up.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 12 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 7:14 am

Downton airs tonight in the UK, on iTV and then will be in the files section of the Downton fb pages about 2 hrs after the show ends. I'll be watching, will you?

Downton Abbey - Page 12 MarilynKeeper Downton Abbey - Page 12 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

Number of posts : 895
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 12 Indiff10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 12:51 pm

First of all, I have to say that I loved the video! I have always loved that song, but this spin on it made it almost better. Smile

Second, no, I won't be watching. I like to wait for it to be on PBS in January. I kind of like it being "new" for me while everyone else has already seen it. Smile

But the real problem now, of course, is to AVOID ANYTHING that might even hint at something from this season until I see it. I can avoiding looking things up about it, but I can't avoid comments that people just go ahead and make online or in magazines or on the radio. So, that is hard to do.

I won't lie, though, about the fact that I am really hoping for more Thomas this year. I do enjoy his nastiness. Smile I am going to think that it is safe to assume that there will be more of him because of the way the story was going with him towards the end last year.

Who's going to do the cooking?!?!
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:13 pm

I tried to stay away from the comments but it was impossible so I gave in and will be watching as I did last year. Looking forward to new stories!

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:35 pm

I actually did pretty well avoiding anything for all the seasons until last year. And how I found out what was happening was kind of ridiculous when you think about it.

I was reading an article in a magazine that was about people revealing things on shows (namely, Downton Abbey) without stating that it was a "spoiler alert". So, with that in mind, I figured I could read the article. And then the magazine went on and said what was actually happening on Downton. They just, basically, contradicted themselves. Here this magazine was complaining, essentially, about people spoiling things for others and then they did it in the SAME article! It was one of those situations where you could say that if it wasn't so absurd it would be funny! Smile Maybe they thought anyone who would read the article would be reading it because Downton Abbey had been spoiled for them, and that is why they wanted to read the article. I don't know! Who knows?

But I knew what was happening last year because of that. So, I have to try extra hard this year to avoid any urges of even reading what may actually be a casual article about the show that isn't actually mentioning anything at all about what has happened on the show. I wish myself luck on being able to accomplish that! Smile

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 12 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 9:24 am

Looking forward to it!!!  And yep, I'll be watching....no way can I wait, lol. Thumbsup

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Downton Abbey - Page 12 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 12 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 22, 2014 10:24 am

I'll be watching, too. My PBS station is hit-and-miss, so I'd rather watch it when I KNOW I can see the episodes. HeeHee
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 9:12 am

Ooh, I'm glad I saw this. I had forgotten that it was starting again. I'm going to try to watch it before work.

Downton Abbey - Page 12 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 276
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 12 Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 11:39 am

i must say, i love downtown abbey and i have watch it at my mom's house and i am going to see it at my place to from now on. i love maggie too. grinsmiley did you guys know she is in some of the harry potter movies?
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptyTue Nov 04, 2014 7:00 pm

Welcome to the board, Maria! Wave Yes, I love Maggie Smith too---and she's awesome as Mrs. McGonagall too! There's really no part this woman can't play! Wink

“Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love.”

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
maria1
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 276
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 12 Mornincoffee

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 1:58 pm

thank you amy , i love this board. you all are so nice. :)
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 9:38 am

I just saw this really sweet video of Elizabeth McGovern singing Little Drummer Boy and had to share it.  Sadie and the Hotheads

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 6:33 pm

Oh neat! Thanks for sharing that Marilyn! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 6:33 pm

Oh neat!  Thanks for sharing that Marilyn! Thumbsup

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 12 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptyWed Nov 26, 2014 9:03 pm

Very nice!  One of my favorite Christmas songs.
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62606
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 12 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 11:02 am

I just saw on the TV programming grid that some of the Downton cast are on The View, starting right now in the east.
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 11:59 am

Thanks Rob....I'm going to check youtube for this!

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Downton Abbey - Page 12 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54423
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 12 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 12:36 pm

Have we discussed this new Cinderella movie yet? It's starring "Rose" and "Daisy". Ha....Two of the Downton flowers. Laughing Daisy is one of the stepsisters:

Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Downton Abbey - Page 12 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptySat Dec 13, 2014 11:49 pm

Looks like it will be a great movie.

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:40 am

This movie looks REALLY good! It's a good thing they made Rose more bearable this season---I may just got see this! HeeHee

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 3:42 pm

I like Rose. I think the only two characters I have not liked on DA were Vera and Sir Richard, ugh.
This movie looks amazing. Hopefully I will be able to find a buddy to go and see it with.

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 12:03 am

I could go see "Cinderella" (it looks OK) if it weren't for the mice.  I saw them in the preview.  I seriously cannot sit through it now.  No   I honestly completely forgot their part in the story.

Anyway, speaking of Daisy, did anyone watch "Galavant" on ABC?  First of all, I just want to say that I LOVED the show!!  I am just hoping that they bring it back for a second season (too many unanswered questions).  Second, Daisy had a somewhat minor role on the show.  But she did get 2 songs to sing.  This is one of them:

I actually like the first song better than this one, but this is the only one that I could find online.  Smile

The Earl was also on it.  yes

All I could find is this.  Not the actual video.  No   You can hear him when he has his solo parts.  He was the Pirate King.  Smile

Also, has anyone watched the show "Manor of Speaking"?  Does anyone else get it where they live?  They show it after "Downton".  I actually really like watching it.  I don't know if I am going to miss that more when this season is done more than "Downton Abbey" itself.  Smile   Here is a link:
http://manorofspeaking.org/about/
Thomas is going to be on this week.  I am interested in seeing what he has to say about the show.  yes

Back to top Go down
MissOleson
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
MissOleson

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 12:03 am

I apologize if this has been posted somewhere and I am posting it again because I missed it (or if anyone saw it awhile ago - it is from December!), but I just saw this tonight and I got quite a kick out of it:

http://professionalfangirls.com/watch-george-clooney-is-lord-hollywood-in-hilarious-downton-abbey-text-santa-skit/

Back to top Go down
LIWnut
LIWnut

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 11:26 am

A Duchess visits the servants quarters

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152823809902672

Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 EmptySun Mar 15, 2015 3:00 pm

Oh my gosh, Miss Oleson, I have NEVER seen that!! Hysterical!!! ROTFL

Marilyn, isn't that cool?!  I love when she spots Brendan! Thumbsup  I love seeing the house as an 'insider' too, don't you? Smile

~Mother Teresa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Downton Abbey   Downton Abbey - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Downton Abbey
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next