HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  Log in  

Share | 

TEEN Magazine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Julia
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 1872
Mood :

PostSubject: TEEN Magazine   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:23 pm

(I wasn't sure if I should put this in the books section or town gossip but since it's reading material I am about to discuss I thought I'd give it a go by putting it here.)

Did anyone here ever receive "TEEN" magazine as a teen years ago? When we were clearing out my Grandparent's house back in 2010 after my Grandmother passed, we came across a lot of them that my Mom and Aunt got when they were teens. Probably 10-15 issues. The years on them go from 1970-1973. I really get a kick out of them and they actually have some "groovy" beauty tips that work and exercise tips. I've shared some of the tips with my girl friends and they agree. It's like forgotten old beauty tricks re-discovered. My question is...does anyone know when the magazine started and ended? I have tried my best searching and trying to figure it out but with no success. I have seen issues that go back as far is the early 60's. I didn't know if anyone knew...here are a few photos of what the magazine looks like.

"The beauty of a woman is incredibly radiant when she finds her identity, her confidence, & her hope in Christ alone. "  

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buttercup
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 3349
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: TEEN Magazine   Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:48 pm

Wow, these are old Teen Magazine. According to encyclopedia Teen Magazine started in 1954. They ended in 2009. Their is Teen Vogue. I glance at it, I didn't like the magazine. I used to buy Teen Magazine, when I was teenager. But, I gave them away long time ago.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!

Number of posts : 52511
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: TEEN Magazine   Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:06 pm

Very groovy find, Julia! I'm sure my sister read that one. I remember thumbing through one of her mags that was called something like "For Teens Only." I was probably about ten at the time, and she told me that it was against the law for a pre-teen to read it. I was terrified the cops were going to come for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 37837
Mood :

PostSubject: Re: TEEN Magazine   Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:01 am

i used to read them when i was a teen.gave mine all away.didn't know it ened. it's like a genration is now eneded

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TEEN Magazine   Today at 11:01 am

Back to top Go down

TEEN Magazine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1