Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder

Go down 
+9
Gin
Savannah
jes9
Misti
Rob
LIWnut
Prairie Dweller
JW
bethandmanly
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Prairie Dweller
Prairie Settler
Prairie Settler
Prairie Dweller

Number of posts : 853
Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 Happy010

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 11:19 pm

bethandmanly wrote:
Laura and Manly consummating their marriage in a field?
I would have been pretty happy if this would have been edited out. Laughing

While I enjoy Michael Landon as Pa, I actually prefer Richard Thomas as Pa. I think that it's mostly because Richard looks a bit more like Pa really looked like- at least he had a beard! His mannerisms are very much how I picture Pa in my mind when I read the books.

I did love the inclusion of Pa as a mad dog.

Vanessa wrote:
They are not strong enough. They were shown in a somewhat unactractive way...What do you think?
I agree with this to a certain extent. For me, Laura wasn't strong enough of a character. She didn't have enough grit and determination. She also would have never snooped in another's belongings.

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 PDKeeper
Back to top Go down
http://avonleavignettes.com
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Prairie Dweller wrote:

While I enjoy Michael Landon as Pa, I actually prefer Richard Thomas as Pa. I think that it's mostly because Richard looks a bit more like Pa really looked like- at least he had a beard! His mannerisms are very much how I picture Pa in my mind when I read the books.

I did love the inclusion of Pa as a mad dog.

I agree with you.....Richard Thomas was an excellent Pa....If you see a picture of the real Ingalls family, you can see that they are rugged and harsh looking people, they lived in hard times......so finding 'pretty' actors to portray characters such as these, is a little unreal to me....Just my opinion....
Whistle

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 Rhonda10Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Vanesa
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Vanesa

Number of posts : 5136
Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 12:38 am

I was not speaking about "pretty" people. One could be appealing without being "pretty". In fact, Pa was not ugly at all. His eyes were so blue and beatiful! Love And Laura and Grace were beatiful girls, no doubt. Mary could have been pretty if her expression were not the one of a blind person. Ma was not dynamite, but she looked as a strong , determined woman. The only one that could be considered "ugly" is Carrie, but her face has something of hilarious in it. In fact, I like her. greenS

Vanesa.

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 Vanesa10
Back to top Go down
orangecake
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: NBC movie about Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:21 am

I recall watching a NBC movie about the Ingalls family a couple of years ago. It starred the actress that protrayed the mentally ill teen Addie on Dawson's Creek. She was Pacey's girlfriend, and Joey' buddy.
Back to top Go down
Rhonda
Prairie Survivor
Prairie Survivor
Rhonda

Number of posts : 21164
Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 Purple2

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 10:18 am

Are you talking about, "Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder"? If so, that would be Meredith Monroe, and she played Laura and then played Andie McPhee in Dawson's Creek. scratchead

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 Rhonda10Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 Lauram10
CANCER FREE!!!  April 9, 1998-April 9, 2023-I AM A SURVIVOR!!!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:16 pm

Never seen the movie

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
bethandmanly
Dean's Dedicated Diva
Dean's Dedicated Diva
bethandmanly

Number of posts : 7600
Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 Bokmal10

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Keeper photo KeeperofAlmanzosHat-1.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://ccmalandrinos.com/
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54425
Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 Happy010

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:05 pm

It's also available through Netflix:

Beyond the Prairie
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 8:49 pm

Cool.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
orangecake
New Pioneer
New Pioneer

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Thanks. Yes that's the one. The Wilders having sex in the field was a bit of a shocker. On Little House, did the newlywed have a honeymoon scene. Did Mary and Adam have one? I think that would have been a bit racy for the mid 70's and it was a family show. Plus I think both girls were under 18 I think. Have anyone ever read Laura's memoirs? I wondered if she would have mentioned anything about her wedding night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder   Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Beyond the Prairie: The True Story of Laura Ingalls Wilder
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3