Little House on the Prairie
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Harvest of Friends" Meet

Go down 
+24
Honeybee
Krissy
alexczarn
Teresa
Alice
JW
I Love Dean
Lori
Misti
Amy
GrandDuchessOlga
Vanesa
HarrisonCrosby4387
pamh36
Gin
LIWnut
ChristinaAL
Lily
flatbroke
Carol
Rob
Debbie
Savannah
Rhonda
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 Princesrank
Savannah

Number of posts : 54426
Mood : "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 Happy010

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:13 am

The competition ends on the 14th, and they'll announce the winner then. (The lady who was accepting the entries is a big fan of Somewhere in Time, and she said, "Oh, wouldn't Come Back to Me be the perfect piece to win on Valentine's Day??" I thought that was so sweet! "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 6472 )

Thank you all for your support and for the beautiful compliments about the portrait! You all are the best!
"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 6472
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

Number of posts : 13417
Mood : "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 Love-s10

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:29 am

Savannah wrote:
(The lady who was accepting the entries is a big fan of Somewhere in Time, and she said, "Oh, wouldn't Come Back to Me be the perfect piece to win on Valentine's Day??" I thought that was so sweet! "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 6472 ) "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 6472

Oh, I hadn't even thought of that!! Love I am so glad they're announcing it ON that day!! I hope it's an extra special Valentine's Day for you this year Savannah! Thumbsup
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:09 pm

How exciting! That's awesome that you two were able to meet up, and great pictures of you beautiful ladies!

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 ChristinaKeeper2 "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:55 am

Thanks so much Christina! Smile
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:56 am

Amy wrote:
Oh, I hadn't even thought of that!! "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 25973 I am so glad they're announcing it ON that day!! I hope it's an extra special Valentine's Day for you this year Savannah! "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 70708

Thank you, Amy! It know it will be, because no matter who wins, the American Cancer Society is benefiting, and it means a lot to me that I've been able to be part of raising money for them, even in such a small way. "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 6472

ChristinaAL wrote:
How exciting! That's awesome that you two were able to meet up, and great pictures of you beautiful ladies!

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 410460 Thank you so much, Christina.
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:13 pm

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 205803 Just a quick note regarding the contest. Here's the piece that won:

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 Horse_10

It's made from grapevines, pine cones, etc. I thought that was pretty clever! I haven't heard the totals yet on how much was raised for the American Cancer Society. But this was a lot of fun - and very special for me, especially because it gave me the opportunity to meet Amy in person. "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 6472
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:50 pm

Now wait a minute...

The horse is nice. It's clever and all that. But can anyone honestly say that the person who created it is a greater artist than the one who created this?:

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 JaneSeymour-LisaMiller

I'm sorry, but you're the champ. Hands down.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Rob, I was thinking the exact same thing. The horse looks good, but nothing compared to the time and detail that was put into Savannah's drawing.

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 1:43 pm

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 410460 "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 25973 Thank you, Rob. Thank you, Pam! "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 712381 "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 775938 You both just made my day!
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Um, for real! Yikes Seriously?! I saw that horse in person....it was 'ok', and original, but.....huh???? The winner????? Ugh. thud Oh well, there's no accounting for good taste. Whistle

YOU are the clear winner in all of our eyes, dear Savannah. yes

Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 3:08 pm

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 410460 Thank you, Amy! "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 775938
Back to top Go down
alexczarn
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life

Number of posts : 22999

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 4:48 pm

Same here, I like the horse, but I would pick Savannah's drawing over anything else. Smile

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 Alexke11
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:46 pm

Thank you, Alex! "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 24262 You all certainly brightened my day.
Back to top Go down
pamh36
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
pamh36

Number of posts : 5900

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:11 pm

It's so true, Savannah. When I look at the horse I feel it is something I could replicate at least fairly well. But your drawing, never in a million years could I come even distantly close to doing that. That is true talent. Not many people have such a gift.

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 PamKeeper
Back to top Go down
Carol
Adventure Seeker
Carol

Number of posts : 8665

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 12:24 pm

How do they decide how to vote?
It's just not in the same type of category even.... a drawing... to creating that horse, which is interesting but I personally wouldn't choose it over Savannah's drawing.
I'm wondering how they vote on these... lol

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 Horses10
Back to top Go down
ChristinaAL
Little House Lady
Little House Lady
ChristinaAL

Number of posts : 2761

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Carol wrote:
It's just not in the same type of category even.... a drawing... to creating that horse, which is interesting but I personally wouldn't choose it over Savannah's drawing.

Absolutely, I agree. The horse is different, but doesn't compare to the time and detail put into Savannah's drawing.

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 ChristinaKeeper2 "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 10bChristina

"It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures and to be cheerful and have courage when things go wrong."
Back to top Go down
Amy
Somewhere in Time
Somewhere in Time
Amy

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 18, 2011 12:40 pm

Carol wrote:

I think it's just voted on by the general public. This was held at a retirement center and visitors (or anyone) could come in and vote for their preference (by number), and only one per day. I was glad I was able to get one in, but if I lived in her town, I would have come in every day to vote!! yes I'm still kind of in shock that people would feel so compelled to vote for that horse! scratchead Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lori
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Lori

Number of posts : 6032

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:44 pm

Savannah definitely should have been the winner.

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 Lorike10
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

Number of posts : 45732
Mood : "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 Headac10

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:25 pm

iam sorry you did't win...Think ur drawing was very good.

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:47 pm

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 410460 Thank you all so much! And I'm sorry, Carol - I didn't see your question. Yep, it was like Amy said . . . It was a public vote, and all of the items were in one category. It's all good, though. Money was raised for the ACS, and that's what counts. "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 70708
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 6:48 pm

Smile

“Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it... Yet.” ― L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
Back to top Go down
LIWnut
Proverbs 3:5-6
Proverbs 3:5-6
LIWnut

Number of posts : 2539
Mood : "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 Cloud910

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptySat May 14, 2011 1:39 pm

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 100_2711

I don't think I posted this anywhere. If I did, sorry. But this was taken at Laurapalooza last July. Dean is a truly wonderful man who is doing an amazing job at keeping Laura's Legacy alive. He and I had a few times to chat, including a special dinner where all of the Dean's Divas who were present took him out for dinner. I saw across the table from him and just watched him.
Later on I told him that he was "my fellow Canadian" on the show. He was born in BC but on a military base. I know that he isn't really Canadian but he understood what I meant and we shared a smile. It was a special moment for me.

Just a plug for the next Laurapalooza in July 2012. You all need to consider coming to Mankato University and sitting under so many of the Laura historians. It was and will be a weekend to remember. Start saving now and you won't be disappointed. I'll be there again next year and would love to meet some of my Prairie Buddies.

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 Divas_10

The Divas and Dean. We took him out for dinner. It was a lot of fun.

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 MarilynKeeper "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 Bookclub2
Back to top Go down
Savannah
"Psalm 34"
Savannah

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptySat May 14, 2011 1:52 pm

"Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 6472 I'm so glad that you had those special moments with Dean, Marilyn! I know how much that must have meant to you. And thank you for sharing your pictures with us! They're beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Rob
Nip it in the bud!
Nip it in the bud!
Rob

Number of posts : 62616
Mood : "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 Goodsi10

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptySat May 14, 2011 2:23 pm

Those are great, Marilyn! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Krissy
Ingalls Friend for Life
Ingalls Friend for Life
Krissy

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 EmptySat May 14, 2011 7:01 pm

so nice Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Harvest of Friends" Meet   "Harvest of Friends" Meet - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

"Harvest of Friends" Meet
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next